Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 12-10-2012, 01:13 AM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Played through 6 levels of Halo 4 on legendary during the first week I got it. Never touched SP again since then. Finally took the time to finish the last 2 levels today. Now that is how you make a campaign for a shooter. Killer ending. Very excited to see what 343 does in the future with the series.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:16 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Wow, a game as popular as Halo 4 is already on sale for $40 for a new copy at GameStop. It's only been a month. Insane.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:32 PM
iPhone 5

So Dark Souls 2 will be absolutely amazing and if any of you have seen phantom pain and noticed the protagonist looks a lot like Solid Snake...well that's because phantom pain is MGS V. It's hard to deny when moby dick games CEO's have initials that anagram for KOJIMA...what a huge ploy, should be awesome though...

http://www.ign.com/blogs/divinediabl...-pain-research

Last edited by Nidol; 12-10-2012 at 02:36 PM..
Old 12-11-2012, 10:34 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Wow, a game as popular as Halo 4 is already on sale for $40 for a new copy at GameStop. It's only been a month. Insane.
It's now $34.99 shipped at Newegg with coupon code EMCJHJJ246:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16874103248

I paid $47.99 for a pre-order from newegg. I guess that price sucked after all. I guess I got a month of off and on play for the extra $13.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:24 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

I got the new map pack for free with the specialization class, like so many others did. However it looks like they are now calling it a "trial" and will pull access after the 18th. This has no effect on season pass holders, or whatever it's called, just the people who found they inexplicably had free access to the Crimson Map pack. Including me. I'll probably buy the season pass if they do pull access - I like the new maps. It is a ripoff, though. $10 for 3 maps. Ridiculous. Fun game in any case.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:01 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Really been putting effort into playing XBOX games instead of StarCraft II all day, lol. Just finished Borderlands after spending about 10 hours on it in the past week. Ended it in a little over 20 hours total. The plot is even more nonsensical than the one in RAGE, but what an experience. For the most part it felt like a blend of Skyrim, Diablo, and CoD. Played as the soldier class.

Might play the game a few more times before moving on to check out the DLCs since I have the GOTYE. One thing about RPGs like this that rely heavily on loot is that once you find that one insane weapon, the game becomes so damn easy. Money also depreciates so quickly. Near the end of the game, I wasn't picking up anything worth less than 10K. It's always fun finding ways to use the terrain in fully open-world games like this. You can be underleveled as hell and kill a boss by hiding in a place where you can shoot from but barely be able to avoid being shot. I know that's how I killed most of the dragons I met in Skyrim at least, LOL. Or, you could "climb" a mountain and save yourself a ton of time by not taking the actual route. Also, it was so easy to exploit the shield system when you die.

Anyways, very excited to start Borderlands 2 during winter break. Hope there are a ton of UI changes for the better because the one in the original is way too clunky, especially when it comes to managing equips. Looking forward to the new graphics and skill trees too. The skills in this one were pretty lame. It was generally just a bunch of passive upgrades. But yeah, awesome genre blending.

Last edited by backtothis; 12-13-2012 at 07:04 AM..
Old 12-16-2012, 08:37 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Tried Dark Souls for the first time in months since I didn't want to start one of my new games. Never again, seriously. To me, there genuinely isn't one fun thing about Dark Souls. It's not just the difficulty level that sucks. Never disliked a game so much.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:02 PM
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Tried Dark Souls for the first time in months since I didn't want to start one of my new games. Never again, seriously. To me, there genuinely isn't one fun thing about Dark Souls. It's not just the difficulty level that sucks. Never disliked a game so much.
Wow that's a shame, too bad you probably didnt make it far enough to appreciate the game, most don't and that's one of its marvels...
Old 12-16-2012, 11:57 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidol View Post
Wow that's a shame, too bad you probably didnt make it far enough to appreciate the game, most don't and that's one of its marvels...
Probably true. Couldn't get to that 10-hour mark. I prefer a game like Skyrim by far.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:40 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Speaking of Dark Souls, it's $12.99 from Amazon and Best Buy today. It's tempting, but I really don't need another game and we are hurting for cash a bit. Damn Xmas!