Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Promo Codes and Contests

Old 12-10-2012, 06:39 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Reviewed as Drepidge on the US App Store.
Quote:
It's a pretty nice app. Very reminiscent of "the moron test," just with christmas themed questions.
Pretty fun and frustrating at the same time!
One thing that bothered me the entire time was the pixelized images on my iPad's retina display.
The repeating music was also slightly annoying, but I suppose it was meant to be repetitive..
Old 12-11-2012, 12:52 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Reviewed as mkpred on us appstore.thanks for contest and good luck to all.hopefully i win.
heres my review :

Quote:
You boot up the app and you hear a soothing music that fits the christmas season.When you start the test in the beginning you are asked to select your favourite christmas character.I believe its a fun aspect for kids , as some like santas , where as others like to make snowman , e.t.c .Its a gradual start to a challenging and informative test so engaging the user in beginning is important , which they have in different ways like touching from biggest to smallest santa , or snowman from left to right , and identifying the mistle toe and what not.A bit of bogus for adults but kids who believe in this would like to learn how santa travels on christmas eve and other details which are provided in this app.
There are various checkpoints in the test which can help you to complete the challenging test but also results in a bad score as when you return to a checkpoint , after failing the timer starts the time from where you failed but actually you are starting the test from a previous mini quiz at times , so it adds up to the time reaching till the place you failed and then continuing on.However , If you fail back to back you have to start over.
It has spelling quiz and a few santa related question , or christmas related questions I should say which will keep the kids interested in the app and since they are already in the mood of chritmas with the holidays up ahead they will enjoy it as much as any game.
Good thing is that even if you close out the app from multitasking it starts from where you left , and its good display on ipad 4 adds up on the rating.Although there are a few pop up ads at various places , there really balanced and dont interfere in your gameplay which is a good part by the developers since its a FREE app and you expect them to be you know full with annoying ads.

Overall its a fun good challenging app for kids and looks more polished than the other similar type of apps out there.Kids will enjoy it with them being in the christmas spirit and even some adults.No violence no foul language obviously so its a family game.Perhaps add a leaderboard and difficulty level like for age groups between 3 - 6 and 7-10 e.t.c.In the end I must say this app has potential but a greedy update can ruin stuff but this wont happen with this as I can't see IAPs fitting in this app but you never know , so for now i give it a deserving 5 stars!
Old 12-12-2012, 02:33 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Reviewed under Appiness2

Quote:
Holiday Fun
Great little app to keep the little ones focused and sharp during the Holidays. Great games for following directions.
Thank you for the contest!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:24 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

So who won? I hope its me xD.fingers crossed. ^_^

Looking forward to the winner announcement.

thanks again for the contest , final goodluck to all
Old 12-13-2012, 09:29 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

For some reason my review aint showing up on app store i have re-submitted my review must be something wrong on apples end or my side.damn sorry
Old 12-13-2012, 10:14 AM

No problem. I'll wait another 24 hours so all reviews actually get posted before I announce the winner.

Thanks,
Michael
Old 12-13-2012, 10:17 AM

Thanks to all of our contestants for your terrific reviews!

We're just waiting for another 24 hours since not all of the reviews have posted. Winners will be announced soon. In other words -- Hopefully within 24 hours, once the reviews have posted.

Thanks and best of luck to everyone!
Michael
Old 12-13-2012, 04:19 PM

I just saw this thread now.. :P
Is it too late to enter?
Thanks
Old 12-14-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aseret View Post
I just saw this thread now.. :P
Is it too late to enter?
Thanks
Hi Aseret,

Actually I was waiting for some reviews to post, so if yours is already posted when I go to itunes right now, then you'll be included.

Thanks,
Michael
Old 12-14-2012, 03:46 PM

Hi Mkpred,

I really appreciate your review. Unfortunately, it's still not showing up but I'm going to include your submission anyway, since you obviously put effort into it.

I don't know if this is the case, but if Apple is filtering long reviews, then next time I'd suggest a shorter review. I just want to make sure people get to read all of your excellent reviews.

Thanks again!
Michael