Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 08:54 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev1 View Post
well im glad you came to the iOS rpg world BUT...considering the 100 plus amazing rpgs on psp, i find that a pretty amazing statement.. and when i think of top ten lists like this taken over RS1......wow

#1: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
#2: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
#3: Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy
#4: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
#5: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
#6: Final Fantasy IV The Complete Collection
#7: Ys Seven
#8: Star Ocean: First Departure
#9: Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time
#10: The 3rd Birthday

not to mention the amount of hacks and tweaks that poor system has endured...

....but to stay on topic this looks like a amazing iOS RPG and i cant wait...I myself love all and every decent rpg?krpg on IOS and believe me...im definitely a addict of the ecosystem.....and no im not jailed
I'm not a fan of JRPGs, perhaps because of the graphics, or the generic storylines, idk. PSP has (or at least had at that time) no open world western RPGs. I didn't choose Ravensword 1 over all the games on PSP. I chose the iOS, because I saw the potential this platform had. And as you can see, I wasn't mistaken.
Another reason why I chose iOS instead of PSP is because the iPhone is more portable (ironic, ha! It's more portable that the PS Portable). The third reason is online surfing.
Also, the touch controls are way better than those of the PSP (especially for shooting games), only bad thing is that they take up some screen space.

Last edited by Primoz; 12-14-2012 at 08:59 AM..
Old 12-14-2012, 09:32 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

This looks amazing. So this has been in development for about 3 years, right? Although, I'm sure they were probably sidetracked by various other projects as well.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:48 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primoz View Post
I'm not a fan of JRPGs, perhaps because of the graphics, or the generic storylines, idk. PSP has (or at least had at that time) no open world western RPGs. I didn't choose Ravensword 1 over all the games on PSP. I chose the iOS, because I saw the potential this platform had. And as you can see, I wasn't mistaken.
Another reason why I chose iOS instead of PSP is because the iPhone is more portable (ironic, ha! It's more portable that the PS Portable). The third reason is online surfing.
Also, the touch controls are way better than those of the PSP (especially for shooting games), only bad thing is that they take up some screen space.
MY old psp go was a nice lil unit as far as portable....but in the end my iphone5 is played on the go more than anything...it may as well be one of my fingers...touche'

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
None of those is an open world western RPG, a genre that simply does not exist on the PSP, PSV, or 3DS. Monster Hunter is probably the closest, and that's pretty much an acquired taste.
You guys are correct on the openworld rpg thing the closest to me would be the ARPG Dungeon siege Thron of Agony....the freedom to roam was there but quests kept it a bit centered on the story more than a skyrim expierience....but Im a complete RPG addict and the titles and controls on the psp FOR ME are more suitable to my taste and older school feel (37) but as I stated iOS is a new addiction for me and the games are amazing for the most part.....but I will say the front and back controls on the vita (touch screen) as well as dual sticks are tipping my gaming hands more in its direction lately and with a great game like ragnorak odyssey....its just the titles that are hurting it now....

But with all the talk and hype of this game....im hoping to see at least a 6hr story driven open world azz kicker....for this RPG genre its not a simple task when all most people think of is Skyrim....either way im not picky when it comes to RPGS i love them all.....from the wackiness or MOTHER 1-3 to the Tabletop rpg beauty of Level 5s new 3ds title Crimson Shroud(which may i add is amazing)

Last edited by Trev1; 12-14-2012 at 10:57 AM..
Old 12-14-2012, 10:55 AM

Send a message via MSN to JoshCM

Here is a banner that I made yesterday. I suppose it would be cool to make some wallpapers if I had time...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg web-banner2.jpg (118.4 KB, 149 views)
Old 12-14-2012, 10:58 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Can't believe it's finally coming out. Soo excited
Old 12-14-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCM View Post

Here is a banner that I made yesterday. I suppose it would be cool to make some wallpapers if I had time...
Awesome!! This is going to be my NEW Facebook cover photo!! Thanks for sharing Josh!! Please feel free to post up some more.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:21 AM

It fits perfectly, and looks freakin' AWESOME!!

Old 12-14-2012, 11:30 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Question to the devs. Is there an option for the camera so in 3rd person view, i can see the whole character as he runs (as Aralon or GTA) or it is fixed to show only the top of the body (as i ve seen in trailer and in TA's video)? I prefer the camera to be close to the body only in more claustrophobic games like Dead Space... In open world games i prefer the hero be far from the cam...
Anyway no big deal... of course first day purchase... Just asking
Old 12-14-2012, 11:46 AM

Send a message via MSN to JoshCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironsam80 View Post
Question to the devs. Is there an option for the camera so in 3rd person view, i can see the whole character as he runs (as Aralon or GTA) or it is fixed to show only the top of the body (as i ve seen in trailer and in TA's video)? I prefer the camera to be close to the body only in more claustrophobic games like Dead Space... In open world games i prefer the hero be far from the cam...
Anyway no big deal... of course first day purchase... Just asking
during combat the camera is zoomed out more - basically when you unsheathe your weapon. Hope that helps.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:48 AM

Ahhh am counting days! Can't really wait to play this awesome tittle!

Closed Thread