★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-13-2012, 04:32 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Through the rain.
Posts: 480
As for the lazy Slendy problem I've had it's happened at around 100 ft and at 5ft away, I could've touched him if I wanted to! I think some kinda of internal trigger for slendy's response must be messing up for me.

I'm just so sick of breathing!
GC-Ghostz
12-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 537
This worked great on my iPod Touch 4th gen-amazingly smooth. On my 5th gen though, it's really laggy. Can this be fixed? I think some high end effects are enabled that shouldn't be, which is what's slowing it down. I got really excited for the new controls in the last update but I haven't been able to enjoy them after upgrading my device because the game runs so slowly! PLEASE FIX!!!

Device: iPhone 6 Plus 64GB
iOS Favorites: Alto's Adventure, VVVVVV, Wayward Souls, BADLAND, IMPOSSIBLE ROAD, Super Hexagon, NightSky, Superbrothers:Sword&Sworcery, Perfect Cell, Nihilumbra
Now Playing: Fugl Alpha

12-13-2012, 05:18 PM
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpman252 View Post
This worked great on my iPod Touch 4th gen-amazingly smooth. On my 5th gen though, it's really laggy. Can this be fixed? I think some high end effects are enabled that shouldn't be, which is what's slowing it down. I got really excited for the new controls in the last update but I haven't been able to enjoy them after upgrading my device because the game runs so slowly! PLEASE FIX!!!
I have disabled some of the high-end effects on iPod 5 in the next update. I hope this fixes the lag. Feedback is appreciated.
12-15-2012, 01:58 AM
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Cyber Town
Posts: 533
Going to get the app now , haven't played any slender game before be it pc or ios but reading the comments here and on app store , i believe its one of the two games i am going to pick up today.


Not sure but hope it has retina support for ipad 4

I AM BACK AFTER A YEAR LONG HIATUS


Twitter : mkpred PSN : akpred GameCenter : akpred
12-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Suggestion:

"As the name suggests, Slender Man appears very thin, and can stretch his arms, legs and torso to inhuman lengths in order to induce fear and ensnare his prey" - Slender Wiki quote

I was wondering if there could be any way that you could make slender actually stretch his arms or body in a scary way, without making it look silly of course.

Was wondering if you could make that happen sometime in the future for an update. Make slender sometimes stretch himself in an extremely scary way, without makin it look dumb, when you see him in the distance.
12-16-2012, 08:14 AM
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpred View Post
Going to get the app now , haven't played any slender game before be it pc or ios but reading the comments here and on app store , i believe its one of the two games i am going to pick up today.


Not sure but hope it has retina support for ipad 4
It has, but in v1.1 the night mode lags on iPad4. This is fixed in v1.2 wich should be out in about 2 days.
12-16-2012, 04:45 PM
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 71
Update 1.2 has just been released! Looking forward to feedback!

Here is the full list of changes:

-New Nightvision mode. Maybe the scariest one yet!
-New and scarier signs to discover.
-New option for look sensitivity.
-Changed Escape mode so you don't have to pickup signs in order.
-Better iPad1 graphics.
-Better iPad4, iPad Mini and iPod5 performance.
-Slenderman behaviour improvements.
-Improved look-joystick controls.
-Added limited vertical looking for touch controls.
-Made looking around while moving easier with touch controls.
-More stamina.
-Several small improvements.
12-16-2012, 04:57 PM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 218
Just tryed new version, improvents are good, nightvision looks cool, but tryed escape mode and its realy to easy :/ i escaped from first try, while befoure it was much more chalenging (like 1/10 times sucesfull, and it always makes you to try more and more)
Hope you will return right order of signes, couse it was realy a lot better.
Looking forward for next update and new areas
12-16-2012, 08:21 PM
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,655
Wow this game is so amazing!!! Its actually scary now. The slenderman seems so smart!! I love this game thank you!!!!
12-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegi View Post
Update 1.2 has just been released! Looking forward to feedback!

Here is the full list of changes:

-New Nightvision mode. Maybe the scariest one yet!
-New and scarier signs to discover.
-New option for look sensitivity.
-Changed Escape mode so you don't have to pickup signs in order.
-Better iPad1 graphics.
-Better iPad4, iPad Mini and iPod5 performance.
-Slenderman behaviour improvements.
-Improved look-joystick controls.
-Added limited vertical looking for touch controls.
-Made looking around while moving easier with touch controls.
-More stamina.
-Several small improvements.
amazing update. Nightvision mode should be called nightmare mode! It's really haunting, and I played with the headphones and turned the lights off, and my heartbeats went high up!

however, I do feel the game has got a bit easier. In the older versions, I used to get 2 or 3 signs maximum in the Endless mode. Now I got 6 one time and 8 the other time. I'd like to see a difficulty settings in the next update.

overall, best Slender game PERIOD. Whether it's PC, Mac, iOS, or Android, this rises to the top!