Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-13-2012, 04:33 PM

Default YOU DON'T KNOW JACK

Old 12-13-2012, 05:48 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

What's the deal with this? Is it the same game that was released a year or two ago? Obviously not an update. Anything new and improved for this?
Old 12-13-2012, 05:56 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
What's the deal with this? Is it the same game that was released a year or two ago? Obviously not an update. Anything new and improved for this?
Same game, different app. That is to say, it's still YDKJ. You can play online this time though, either through Facebook or as a "guest." Freemium-looking model; I've not really worked out yet the degree of offensiveness.

EDIT: Oh wait. It lets you buy higher scores for real money. Well, that's that then.

Last edited by Gabrien; 12-13-2012 at 06:10 PM..
Old 12-13-2012, 06:37 PM

Deserves to crash and burn.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:53 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

It's a social version of the old game. This implementation is much smarter than the standalone, static question set we saw in the last console and iOS iteration. It's more like the (free, beta) web version.

I disagree about this deserving to "crash and burn," this is one free-to-play where I'm willing to support the developers. The "pay to win" aspect just buys you score boosts, which I won't be doing, but you can also get extra content in the form of more games to play.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:50 PM

This game has been super fun from what I've played so far. I'm liking it
Old 12-14-2012, 12:15 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Ok I understand the social play aspect but if the original computer game plowed three users to share a keyboard, why can't they make an iPad version for two players on one iPad, each player having a button saying they want to answer? These games were the most fun playing on computers with friends growing up. The topics were crazy, the announcer would smart off to you if you did mot wait for him to be done talking before you started inputting. But the greatest part was to laugh with friends (and to "screw" them). Make it at least two player and I really would pay at least 5 bucks to have that much fun with the iPad.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:14 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy dad View Post
Ok I understand the social play aspect but if the original computer game plowed three users to share a keyboard, why can't they make an iPad version for two players on one iPad, each player having a button saying they want to answer? These games were the most fun playing on computers with friends growing up. The topics were crazy, the announcer would smart off to you if you did mot wait for him to be done talking before you started inputting. But the greatest part was to laugh with friends (and to "screw" them). Make it at least two player and I really would pay at least 5 bucks to have that much fun with the iPad.
Because back then the game's focus was on providing entertainment. Here, the game's focus is on attempting to slip a hand into your pocket, as deeply as possible. Duh.

Just think of the original fondly. I do. This is not that game. That game is in another castle.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JindoFox View Post
It's a social version of the old game. This implementation is much smarter than the standalone, static question set we saw in the last console and iOS iteration. It's more like the (free, beta) web version.

I disagree about this deserving to "crash and burn," this is one free-to-play where I'm willing to support the developers. The "pay to win" aspect just buys you score boosts, which I won't be doing, but you can also get extra content in the form of more games to play.
But the developers withdrew the original from the store meaning those of us who bought it can no longer reinstall if we want to (and don't have iTunes backup)... They then replaced it with this version designed to extract as much money as possible. Dirty, greedy, sneaky and disrespectful.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:44 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

Played a game of it an had loads of fun, then they said you only get one play per day. WTF?

It's also crashed on the end game screen and killed my sound. Deleting it ASAP, very disappointed.