★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: YOU DONT KNOW JACK is now totally FREE to play!

Download the SPIKE TV Video Game Awards' Social Game of the Year to your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.

This free-to-play mobile version includes hundreds of full episodes of everybodys favorite quiz show trivia game, with new, topical episodes added every week! And with our new upgrade, ALL episodes are completely free to play no tokens needed! All told, more than 300 regular, themed, and special guest episodes are available right now.

It doesn't feel like a game made for a tablet. It feels like tablets were made for this game. - Kotaku.com

We've brought back many of your favorite question types, the DisOrDat, the Gibberish Question and the Jack Attack, along with new specialty questions such as Funky Trash, Cookies Fortune Cookie Fortunes with Cookie Fortune Cookie Masterson, and "Elephant Mustard, Teddy Roosevelt, or Dracula?!"

To succeed at YOU DONT KNOW JACK, you've got to be smart and you've got to be quick. Are you up for the challenge?

Free-to-play mobile highlights:

- Play against friends, enemies, or random strangers!

- Unlock fake sponsors and commercials!

- Earn special achievements and more!

- Its FREE!

If you are unable to log into the game with Facebook please try the following:
1. Open the settings menu on your device
2. Scroll down until you see 'Facebook'
3. Open the Facebook tab and scroll down until you see YDKJ
4. Make sure the switch is flipped to ON

If you experience other problems running the game please upgrade to the latest iOS version for your device.
12-13-2012, 05:48 PM
What's the deal with this? Is it the same game that was released a year or two ago? Obviously not an update. Anything new and improved for this?

12-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
What's the deal with this? Is it the same game that was released a year or two ago? Obviously not an update. Anything new and improved for this?
Same game, different app. That is to say, it's still YDKJ. You can play online this time though, either through Facebook or as a "guest." Freemium-looking model; I've not really worked out yet the degree of offensiveness.

EDIT: Oh wait. It lets you buy higher scores for real money. Well, that's that then.

Last edited by Gabrien; 12-13-2012 at 06:10 PM.
12-13-2012, 06:20 PM
Play one free game a day well that sucks can't I just play
12-13-2012, 06:37 PM
Deserves to crash and burn.
12-13-2012, 06:53 PM
It's a social version of the old game. This implementation is much smarter than the standalone, static question set we saw in the last console and iOS iteration. It's more like the (free, beta) web version.

I disagree about this deserving to "crash and burn," this is one free-to-play where I'm willing to support the developers. The "pay to win" aspect just buys you score boosts, which I won't be doing, but you can also get extra content in the form of more games to play.
12-13-2012, 08:50 PM
This game has been super fun from what I've played so far. I'm liking it
12-14-2012, 12:15 AM
Ok I understand the social play aspect but if the original computer game plowed three users to share a keyboard, why can't they make an iPad version for two players on one iPad, each player having a button saying they want to answer? These games were the most fun playing on computers with friends growing up. The topics were crazy, the announcer would smart off to you if you did mot wait for him to be done talking before you started inputting. But the greatest part was to laugh with friends (and to "screw" them). Make it at least two player and I really would pay at least 5 bucks to have that much fun with the iPad.
12-14-2012, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy dad View Post
Ok I understand the social play aspect but if the original computer game plowed three users to share a keyboard, why can't they make an iPad version for two players on one iPad, each player having a button saying they want to answer? These games were the most fun playing on computers with friends growing up. The topics were crazy, the announcer would smart off to you if you did mot wait for him to be done talking before you started inputting. But the greatest part was to laugh with friends (and to "screw" them). Make it at least two player and I really would pay at least 5 bucks to have that much fun with the iPad.
Because back then the game's focus was on providing entertainment. Here, the game's focus is on attempting to slip a hand into your pocket, as deeply as possible. Duh.

Just think of the original fondly. I do. This is not that game. That game is in another castle.
12-14-2012, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JindoFox View Post
It's a social version of the old game. This implementation is much smarter than the standalone, static question set we saw in the last console and iOS iteration. It's more like the (free, beta) web version.

I disagree about this deserving to "crash and burn," this is one free-to-play where I'm willing to support the developers. The "pay to win" aspect just buys you score boosts, which I won't be doing, but you can also get extra content in the form of more games to play.
But the developers withdrew the original from the store meaning those of us who bought it can no longer reinstall if we want to (and don't have iTunes backup)... They then replaced it with this version designed to extract as much money as possible. Dirty, greedy, sneaky and disrespectful.