Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-14-2012, 10:47 AM
iPod Touch (1st Gen)

Quote:
One main reason is you can't change color while moving. Also, from what I understand, auto-fire isn't how you should play Ikaruga. So they need to figure that out too (you need to strategically aim for killchains).
Yeah I'm thinking about it some more and I'm pretty sure Ikaruga is going to be miserable on touch screen. The chaining scheme is very rigid you need to control your shots precisely.

Nice thing about Dodonpachi Maximum is that it was designed from ground up with auto-fire in mind. With earlier Cave titles lack of buttons could be frustrating.

In Espgaluda II:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5_jPOaLGFM#t=01m13s

Those medium ships you shoot them a couple times to bust one gun then they fire a much denser bullet pattern (means big points in the slow pink mode.) Not very difficult with buttons but with iOS shot on/shot off really a pain in the neck.

Ikaruga:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRVEtJ6w8og#t=2m02s

No shot button, no thanks

re: Metalcasket
I've avoided Rrootage because of the stupid icon heh. Played it a ton on mac tho'. Other ABA games like Noiz2sa and Parsec 47 are worth checking out (PC and Mac) too.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:50 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athos View Post
No shot button, no thanks
There IS a shoot button. But with shoot + change color + move + homing ... that's just to much to control on a touchscreen in a bullet hell shooter I think.

What I was saying is that it gets better with auto-shoot, but then the whole game gets screwed up as a result.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:59 AM
iPod Touch (1st Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
that's just to much to control on a touchscreen in a bullet hell shooter I think.
Most definitely.

Some games are fun when played either for survival or for score but Ikaruga isn't one of them; what enjoyment that game has to offer is in the chaining and you'd be frustrated trying to do it with a touchscreen.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:15 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
I guess there's a reason to pull my Xbox out of it's 3 year hibernation now. Guessing it's not on PS3. Well, no difference...that's also in hiberation now. >_>

This is my last bit of thread derailing: I've always avoided rRootage because of the "Online" part of the title. I don't know why, but that just completely confused the hell out of me. I just picked up the HD version...wow. I've seriously been missing out on this for such a long time?
Yeah, that online in the title is weird, cause usually that means you have to be on the internet, but it is a great game thatI first bought for my iphone aons ago. Cool game, but with games like dodonpachi, haven't played too much of it lately.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:48 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Anyone found a way to make this work on ipod touch 5th?
Tried editing restriction of the app file so it tryed to install it but then the installation failed
I'm so sad i bought an ipod 5th for gaming...
Old 12-28-2012, 01:41 PM

I don't understand why the heck this game needs a compass? How many other games require this? And what is its use?
Old 12-28-2012, 01:47 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ronfar View Post
I don't understand why the heck this game needs a compass? How many other games require this? And what is its use?
It doesn't really. But because Apple has not given developers any way to restrict which device a game can run on, developers commonly use things like a compass, GPS, iOS version, gyroscope, etc. to restrict hardware.

Basically, your device wouldn't be able to run it properly.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:23 AM

So your saying they don't want to sell this game on the iPod touch 5th gen? Isn't like exactly the same as the 4s...(does it run on that?)
Old 12-29-2012, 06:32 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
So your saying they don't want to sell this game on the iPod touch 5th gen? Isn't like exactly the same as the 4s...(does it run on that?)
Runs great! That's a bummer to hear. I think there is a fix for this via SSH/iFile (which involves jailbreaking) or by using a program like iExplorer. I saw a post on here recently...I'll try to find it.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:56 AM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Quote:
I think because there's no way to filter out iPod touch 4 and keep iPod touch 5, they've decided to filter out both just to be safe. Pretty annoying to me, but I think a large part of the blame goes to Apple for not creating a way to distinguish between them.

I've tried editing the different files a while back and eventually got it to install on my iPod touch 5, but I couldn't get it to run. Think I mentioned it before...almost want to request a refund from Apple just to get their attention if it wasn't for the fact it runs great on my iPad...