• Publisher: Mobage, Inc.
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 4.6 MB
  • Version: 2.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Embark on adventures, quest with friends and take flight in airships to explore the FINAL FANTASY multiverse. This is the newest mobile incarnation of the FINAL FANTASY series.

In a realm beset by encroaching darkness, no one needs to fight alone.

You and your friends must band together and embark on a quest to restore light to the kingdom's last guardian crystal. Collect powerful abilities, iconic jobs and legendary weapons. Meet chocobos and major characters from the series' expansive roster. Battle Espers like Ifirit and Shiva, and fight some of the series' most powerful foes alongside friends.

FEATURES
Collect cards featuring legendary FINAL FANTASY characters such as Yuna, Cloud and Lightning.
Join forces with friends and compete against others to become the top brigade!
Explore quest areas, battle bosses, meet chocobos and gain levels!
Regular multiplayer events offering exclusive legendary weapons!

What are other users saying?
Here's a good card game thats easy to understand. You quest, you equip weapons, abilities, and summons. You feed chocobos, you perform limit breaks. Really nostalgic if you're a fan of the series. Ralph Ysrael Malaluan

Best app ever. Final Fantasy fans need this game! Deren Johnson

A game that is licensed with the best RPG characters ever. Love Final Fantasy and this game is rewarding, refreshingand fun! Ben Malinowski

Final Fantasy has been, and will continue to be, my most favorite RPG series and this game just adds to the fun. Love how the events use games from the series. This is a must have! Sean Eldridge

FINAL FANTASY AIRBORNE BRIGADE: Where friendship truly matters.

***Information**** Connect with other gamers on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Final-Fantasy-Airborne-Brigade/381869685236213. Check out more games at www.mobage.com, and follow us @Mobage on Twitter to get the latest news, deals, and help on our games.

Sanuku's comments:

12-14-2012, 12:15 PM
What's up with this art style? First that ryhtm game now this... Wth squarenix?
12-14-2012, 12:40 PM
First Final Fantasy Game in a long run that made it obvious that without any Final Fantasy Soundeffects/Music Tracks a FF Game will be dead on arrival.

12-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
First Final Fantasy Game in a long run that made it obvious that without any Final Fantasy Soundeffects/Music Tracks a FF Game will be dead on arrival.
Square Enix is so ashamed that they didn't even publish it themselves.

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!
12-14-2012, 01:10 PM
First I couldn't understand what was going on, what with the rhythm game and this... Thing, but now I think I do. It looks to me like square is bringing out a range of kids games to introduce little ones to the final fantasy universe. I hope I'm right, otherwise things just got weird -_-
12-14-2012, 01:31 PM
Facebook login?! Pass.
12-14-2012, 01:36 PM
Gameplay is just plain stupid and boring to be worthy of the FF title.. SE, this is one big stain on the FF name.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-14-2012, 01:46 PM
I think you get a special card for the japanese version if you used the codes you get from the Bravely Default game.
12-14-2012, 02:01 PM
Is this another of those "fake" collectable card games, where the only way people do better than others is through money and time; the ones which, if you dig deeper, you realize that your actually watching a screensaver with pre-determined outcomes? Most of these mobile-platform (gree, mobage, etc) card games are just that. Press a button, cards smash into each other, la-de-da...but all there is are attack, defense, and hitpoint values (maybe elements) and you don't even "play" cards...your cards just automatically attack. Might as well be a spreadsheet coated with a glossy coat of paint. Or is this a real game, a game where you don't press a "quest" button and...tada! You finish a quest.

I have experience with tons of these from dl'ing them for points from app-redeem sites.

Last edited by Greyskull; 12-14-2012 at 02:59 PM.
12-14-2012, 02:42 PM
^Yep.

I'm currently a bit frustrated that they start you off with a super rare ice sword. Means everybody is using it and, as I haven't found a different SR weapon, I haven't much hope for using any of the weapon upgrading scrolls I've accumulated. Nor am I really sure what the purpose is of 'Normal/Normal+' items. Why would you ever use them? I've put mine to auto-sell (in the options).

It's also disappointing that GIL serves no real purpose from what I can tell. You get a pittance of GIL for selling the abundance of worthless equipment, and are charged a pittance of GIL for upgrades/fusions and the like, but little purpose for the 300,000 you start off with. Shame there's no store for buying equipment..

Despite being a 'Social' game I'm also disappointed that there's no way to customize your outfit, it's locked to whatever class you're playing. Nor can you really see much of other players given it's entirely automated and you don't see any names in battle, I may as well be playing this alone.

And..no music. No sound.

But most annoyingly of all: Black/White Chocobos. These bastards don't drop anything unless you have the premium food. Failed about 12 in a row now..

Decent time-waster.
Wonder when the events start.

Last edited by Nerdstick; 12-14-2012 at 06:00 PM.
12-14-2012, 02:58 PM
I'm going to give this a try for a little while..

My username is "CelestialJudge".

And gosh no sound effects really bothers me...