Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-14-2012, 12:15 PM

What's up with this art style? First that ryhtm game now this... Wth squarenix?
Old 12-14-2012, 12:40 PM

First Final Fantasy Game in a long run that made it obvious that without any Final Fantasy Soundeffects/Music Tracks a FF Game will be dead on arrival.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:46 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
First Final Fantasy Game in a long run that made it obvious that without any Final Fantasy Soundeffects/Music Tracks a FF Game will be dead on arrival.
Square Enix is so ashamed that they didn't even publish it themselves.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:10 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

First I couldn't understand what was going on, what with the rhythm game and this... Thing, but now I think I do. It looks to me like square is bringing out a range of kids games to introduce little ones to the final fantasy universe. I hope I'm right, otherwise things just got weird -_-
Old 12-14-2012, 01:31 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Facebook login?! Pass.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:36 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Gameplay is just plain stupid and boring to be worthy of the FF title.. SE, this is one big stain on the FF name.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:46 PM

I think you get a special card for the japanese version if you used the codes you get from the Bravely Default game.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:01 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Is this another of those "fake" collectable card games, where the only way people do better than others is through money and time; the ones which, if you dig deeper, you realize that your actually watching a screensaver with pre-determined outcomes? Most of these mobile-platform (gree, mobage, etc) card games are just that. Press a button, cards smash into each other, la-de-da...but all there is are attack, defense, and hitpoint values (maybe elements) and you don't even "play" cards...your cards just automatically attack. Might as well be a spreadsheet coated with a glossy coat of paint. Or is this a real game, a game where you don't press a "quest" button and...tada! You finish a quest.

I have experience with tons of these from dl'ing them for points from app-redeem sites.

Last edited by Greyskull; 12-14-2012 at 02:59 PM..
Old 12-14-2012, 02:42 PM

^Yep.

I'm currently a bit frustrated that they start you off with a super rare ice sword. Means everybody is using it and, as I haven't found a different SR weapon, I haven't much hope for using any of the weapon upgrading scrolls I've accumulated. Nor am I really sure what the purpose is of 'Normal/Normal+' items. Why would you ever use them? I've put mine to auto-sell (in the options).

It's also disappointing that GIL serves no real purpose from what I can tell. You get a pittance of GIL for selling the abundance of worthless equipment, and are charged a pittance of GIL for upgrades/fusions and the like, but little purpose for the 300,000 you start off with. Shame there's no store for buying equipment..

Despite being a 'Social' game I'm also disappointed that there's no way to customize your outfit, it's locked to whatever class you're playing. Nor can you really see much of other players given it's entirely automated and you don't see any names in battle, I may as well be playing this alone.

And..no music. No sound.

But most annoyingly of all: Black/White Chocobos. These bastards don't drop anything unless you have the premium food. Failed about 12 in a row now..

Decent time-waster.
Wonder when the events start.

Last edited by Nerdstick; 12-14-2012 at 06:00 PM..
Old 12-14-2012, 02:58 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

I'm going to give this a try for a little while..

My username is "CelestialJudge".

And gosh no sound effects really bothers me...