★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-14-2012, 01:46 PM
I think you get a special card for the japanese version if you used the codes you get from the Bravely Default game.
12-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigE1669 View Post
Facebook login?! Pass.
It doesn't require Facebook you can set up a mobage account

12-14-2012, 02:01 PM
Is this another of those "fake" collectable card games, where the only way people do better than others is through money and time; the ones which, if you dig deeper, you realize that your actually watching a screensaver with pre-determined outcomes? Most of these mobile-platform (gree, mobage, etc) card games are just that. Press a button, cards smash into each other, la-de-da...but all there is are attack, defense, and hitpoint values (maybe elements) and you don't even "play" cards...your cards just automatically attack. Might as well be a spreadsheet coated with a glossy coat of paint. Or is this a real game, a game where you don't press a "quest" button and...tada! You finish a quest.

I have experience with tons of these from dl'ing them for points from app-redeem sites.

Last edited by Greyskull; 12-14-2012 at 02:59 PM.
12-14-2012, 02:42 PM
^Yep.

I'm currently a bit frustrated that they start you off with a super rare ice sword. Means everybody is using it and, as I haven't found a different SR weapon, I haven't much hope for using any of the weapon upgrading scrolls I've accumulated. Nor am I really sure what the purpose is of 'Normal/Normal+' items. Why would you ever use them? I've put mine to auto-sell (in the options).

It's also disappointing that GIL serves no real purpose from what I can tell. You get a pittance of GIL for selling the abundance of worthless equipment, and are charged a pittance of GIL for upgrades/fusions and the like, but little purpose for the 300,000 you start off with. Shame there's no store for buying equipment..

Despite being a 'Social' game I'm also disappointed that there's no way to customize your outfit, it's locked to whatever class you're playing. Nor can you really see much of other players given it's entirely automated and you don't see any names in battle, I may as well be playing this alone.

And..no music. No sound.

But most annoyingly of all: Black/White Chocobos. These bastards don't drop anything unless you have the premium food. Failed about 12 in a row now..

Decent time-waster.
Wonder when the events start.

Last edited by Nerdstick; 12-14-2012 at 06:00 PM.
12-14-2012, 02:58 PM
I'm going to give this a try for a little while..

My username is "CelestialJudge".

And gosh no sound effects really bothers me...
12-14-2012, 04:14 PM
My stats. Looking for active allies, username is richruzz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	50808  
12-14-2012, 04:20 PM
Mmmm, not available in the Spanish app store. And it doesn't look as the kind of game I enjoy... This one for the first one who grabs it:

Use this serial code to get your Cloud Summon Stone:

FF6sUnytkuHKzpy4

How to redeem your Special Summon Stone:

Download the game here
Launch the game on your device
Enter your code after the tutorial

I hope the person who redeems the code enjoys it It's the code I just got for registering some days ago at the web to get news.
12-14-2012, 04:27 PM
This sounds pump ! I think I'll wait for FFiv
12-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Where do you enter people's username?

I looked everywhere and didn't see the option.
12-14-2012, 06:05 PM
My code doesn't work

I just downloaded this and referred to the email I received as I signed up early. I got a code, entered it multiple times, but it says that it is invalid! How can a code I JUST received be invalid?!

Other than that, this game is not really a game. It can be compared to other time wasters like The Hobbit, Simpson's Tapped Out, etc. But its nice to be managing a FF character instead of a city.

If anyone has an extra code that they would be so generous to pass on, please PM me. I'd love to get the thing I signed up for.

curtneedsaride

TeamShides
@curtneedsaride
MHFU - Shides