★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Ravensword: Shadowlands (Crescent Moon) coming Dec. 20th

12-14-2012, 11:48 AM
Ahhh am counting days! Can't really wait to play this awesome tittle!
12-14-2012, 11:48 AM
Josh any hint of the price will i have 11$ in my itunes credit would that be enought of i need more?

Last edited by Ausar; 12-14-2012 at 11:56 AM.

12-14-2012, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCM View Post
during combat the camera is zoomed out more - basically when you unsheathe your weapon. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the quick feedback Josh. One way or an other can't wait for the release!
12-14-2012, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironsam80 View Post
Thanks for the quick feedback Josh. One way or an other can't wait for the release!
Trust me: for combat having a fixed, pulled back camera is much better, especially when enemies flank you.
12-14-2012, 12:51 PM
squarezero since you have played the beta does the first person camera is actually better that the one in aralon? in aralon the only way to look you weapons in first person was looking down and the enemies look way to close to you
12-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausar View Post
squarezero since you have played the beta does the first person camera is actually better that the one in aralon? in aralon the only way to look you weapons in first person was looking down and the enemies look way to close to you
Personally, I prefer playing in first person because that's what I grew up with. As for Shadowlands, I think they did a great job with this particular perspective. The only issues I've had so far were while wielding a shield because it blocked some of your view (especially the larger ones). Other than that, I'm absolutely loving how it plays. Hope that helps.
12-14-2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macatron View Post
Personally, I prefer playing in first person because that's what I grew up with. As for Shadowlands, I think they did a great job with this particular perspective. The only issues I've had so far were while wielding a shield because it blocked some of your view (especially the larger ones). Other than that, I'm absolutely loving how it plays. Hope that helps.
so if like in the elder scrolls correct (oblivion, skyrim) the shield is no problem since thats how it should be

Anyway thanks mac thats all i need to know since i too prefer play in first person
12-14-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
so if like in the elder scrolls correct (oblivion, skyrim) the shield is no problem since thats how it should be

Anyway thanks mac thats all i need to know since i too prefer play in first person
Yup, that's exactly how it is, so you shouldn't have any issues playing entirely in first person. You're REALLY going to love this game!! Be sure to pick up the soundtrack if you haven't already. Sean did an AMAZING job (as usual).

Here's the link:
http://seanbeesoncomposerformedia.bandcamp.com/
12-14-2012, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macatron View Post
Yup, that's exactly how it is, so you shouldn't have any issues playing entirely in first person. You're REALLY going to love this game!! Be sure to pick up the soundtrack if you haven't already. Sean did an AMAZING job (as usual).

Here's the link:
http://seanbeesoncomposerformedia.bandcamp.com/
Actually already i have downloaded and like many here said i also think the "The Eastern Forest" should be ravenswords main theme

Well thanks for all the clarification mac that 20 of december looks really far away

Last edited by Ausar; 12-14-2012 at 02:25 PM.
12-14-2012, 02:26 PM
Quote:
I prefer the third person camera because I like seeing my own character and his armor. The armor looks very nice!