Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-14-2012, 02:36 AM
In Time-Out
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Well I'm glad to see at least some people like this game a lot. I bought it and played for probably 6 hours on my 3DS, and I just... don't like it much. The 3D was the only thing I enjoyed, and now that it's on a device that lacks said 3D, I really don't see the point in playing it haha.

I understand the point of its creation, and I respect it from that perspective, but from a fun standpoint I fail to see it hold much water in that department. It was fun for the first hour, but... ehh... I don't know.

It's frustrating because I was really looking forward to this game. A classic 8-bit platformer that's a love letter to retro fans, made by retro fans? Heck yeah! Unfortunately it just didn't live up to that novelty for me.

Oh well.

Like I said, I'm glad it seems at least some people enjoy it I'm definitely in the minority
Old 12-14-2012, 04:17 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
Well I'm glad to see at least some people like this game a lot. I bought it and played for probably 6 hours on my 3DS, and I just... don't like it much. The 3D was the only thing I enjoyed, and now that it's on a device that lacks said 3D, I really don't see the point in playing it haha.

I understand the point of its creation, and I respect it from that perspective, but from a fun standpoint I fail to see it hold much water in that department. It was fun for the first hour, but... ehh... I don't know.

It's frustrating because I was really looking forward to this game. A classic 8-bit platformer that's a love letter to retro fans, made by retro fans? Heck yeah! Unfortunately it just didn't live up to that novelty for me.

Oh well.

Like I said, I'm glad it seems at least some people enjoy it I'm definitely in the minority
BLASPHEMER!

Haha, only kidding. Different strokes for different folks, and all that.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:07 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

I have to say I've been enjoying this one. That being said, I'm mostly in it to play through, not 100% everything or shoot for low times. The slow pace is fine.

The 3D 'effect' is pretty well used and I like the perspective. What I don't like is that the game immediately (and repeatedly) makes you perform perfect jump-hover to get around, which becomes tedious quickly. Reminds me of the dash-jump in Half Life, which was cool to have to pull off the first couple of times, but when you had to do it all the time in the later levels... ugh.

I'm not a huge fan of platformers on iOS due to touch screen controls, but this one plays well, and the overall look/feel of the game is great. Easily worth the buck.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:17 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Easily worth the buck.
Yeah, ninjackid, thanks for the recommend.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:58 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Yeah, ninjackid, thanks for the recommend.
No problem-o! Glad you like it!
Old 12-16-2012, 01:05 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Great platformer. The difficulty isn't as bad as I expected (up to 2-2), and the controls are spot on. The pacing feels slower to me (which is what I prefer for difficult platformers), which gives you time to plan out difficult moves. The art and music is great. I'm looking forward to playing more of this game. Thanks to everyone who convinced me to pick this up! :-)
Old 12-16-2012, 04:34 PM

Edit:
Has anyone confirmed how to get ending 4? And even still that would total 20 of 23 achievements. What would the last three be then? I have Secret Ending 1,2,3,5,6 and that only totals 19 achievements so far. What am I missing? I hate hidden achievements.

Last edited by touchchamp; 12-17-2012 at 12:13 AM..
Old 12-24-2012, 12:06 PM

I fell cheated after buying this game, I don't know whom to blame !!! I cannot understand if it is Apple's or the developers fault.

The price of this game shows 55 Indian Rupees in India. I purchase it, and received an SMS that Rs.55 had been debited from my Account, but just 2 minutes later I was shocked to get one more SMS stating once again that Rs.55 has been again debited from my Account. I only purchased this one game, I do not know why I have been charged 2 times for one game. Because of this I lost my Rs.55 which I could have used to buy another game.

After this I am afraid to purchase anything from iTunes, because I don't know what I may be charged.

This is the very reason many of my friends avoid purchasing from iTunes Store, and prefer to Jailbreak and get apps.

I just feel cheated. I am sorry that I am writing these things over here but can you guys please help me or is it possible for me to recover that amount or use it to get another Rs.55 game instead ? Please help me, thanks....
Old 12-24-2012, 12:33 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwyn7 View Post
I fell cheated after buying this game, I don't know whom to blame !!! I cannot understand if it is Apple's or the developers fault.

The price of this game shows 55 Indian Rupees in India. I purchase it, and received an SMS that Rs.55 had been debited from my Account, but just 2 minutes later I was shocked to get one more SMS stating once again that Rs.55 has been again debited from my Account. I only purchased this one game, I do not know why I have been charged 2 times for one game. Because of this I lost my Rs.55 which I could have used to buy another game.

After this I am afraid to purchase anything from iTunes, because I don't know what I may be charged.

This is the very reason many of my friends avoid purchasing from iTunes Store, and prefer to Jailbreak and get apps.

I just feel cheated. I am sorry that I am writing these things over here but can you guys please help me or is it possible for me to recover that amount or use it to get another Rs.55 game instead ? Please help me, thanks....

Weakest excuse for jail breaking and stealing...

Check ur purchase history to see what you were charged for... If you were charged twice for one purchase, you can contact apple and get the 55 whatever credited to your account.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:00 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
I was just making sure before going back through all the stages with the regular character. ATM, I've completed 1-1 through 3-1 with no checkpoints... The last two stages are gonna be a pain for me... But if I do manage to do it, illlet you guys know if it unlocks ending 4
Any update on your progress with this?