Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrwubbs View Post
I guess you're right, I never meant to offend. I was pissed off at angry message board posts, and in turn I became the angriest of all. What have I become.....?
Angry.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by anada View Post
Even though I can see its going to take me a long long time to max out all the weapons/characters, I don't really see it as a chore at all. It's fun to have something to work towards and when I finally die I like going into the store to see what I have enough cash to upgrade. If everything was cheaper the "game" side of it would finish for me earlier (even though I'd still play it) as I'm not overly concerned with high scores and more about making progress in games.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooteboy View Post
Loving hardcore mode, it would be cool if you added other activate-able modes, like melee only, or a timed mode.

Also it would be awesome if each character could deal more damage with its default weapon, like John with the machine gun or Jenny with the sheep launcher, as it it would make characters more unique
I've mentioned both of these things myself and agree totally. It's all about having your choice of which weapons drop. A 'melee only' mode is a great example of this. The weapon drops needs to be tweaked in general to have more of the heavy weapons appear as well.

Quote:
I guess you're right, I never meant to offend. I was pissed off at angry message board posts, and in turn I became the angriest of all. What have I become.....?
I think Mountain Sheep may be offering counseling services with the next update
Old 12-14-2012, 09:23 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

So I just started playing this game a couple of days ago, I am around level 25. What is the best character/weapon to buy and upgrade?
Old 12-14-2012, 09:27 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Ok, the only reason this game has so many hours of play time is because they took a relatively shallow game and stretched it out to give the illusion of progression. It takes a ridiculously long time to max everything out and once you do, it's not significant enough to be worth the trouble.
Sadly I have to agree with this. There is no sense of progression at all, I mean look at games like Jetpack Joyride that despite having the same old levels over and over again it's still fun to pick up and play every time (and satisfying to level up!). I think what Minigore lacks is they failed to give players a feeling of accomplishment.

Another thing it lacks is the upgrades don't seem to feel powerful at all. I don't feel like I'm more powerful when I upgrade 1 level to my shotgun. In essense the progression of upgrades is either too slow or the upgrades are too weak to allow players to feel powerful.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:33 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul202 View Post
So I just started playing this game a couple of days ago, I am around level 25. What is the best character/weapon to buy and upgrade?
I have only unlocked a few characters but the bear levelled all the way is awesome, and I like Xmas Gore too. I upgraded the machine gun and shottie all the way to strengthen them as they're the weakest, but now I'm starting to upgrade the dual cannons, those things destroy everything in their path so more power and ammo with them will make me unstoppable! I love seeing the M60 drop haha.

But before I do that, gotta unlock hardcore mode, only 12k away
Old 12-14-2012, 09:33 PM

Hardcore mode is more like hyper mode. The game simply moves faster. I thought it would be harder but no.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:34 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicTac View Post
Sadly I have to agree with this. There is no sense of progression at all, I mean look at games like Jetpack Joyride that despite having the same old levels over and over again it's still fun to pick up and play every time (and satisfying to level up!). I think what Minigore lacks is they failed to give players a feeling of accomplishment.

Another thing it lacks is the upgrades don't seem to feel powerful at all. I don't feel like I'm more powerful when I upgrade 1 level to my shotgun. In essense the progression of upgrades is either too slow or the upgrades are too weak to allow players to feel powerful.
The game needs to be tweaked and I'm sure Mountain Sheep realizes this, especially in the weapon drops, upgrades, etc. But personally, I am having fun picking this up every time I play it. I don't need leaderboards or high scores or a 'need to achieve' something. I just want solid mechanics, good weapons, nice graphics and sound and an addictive fun factor. Check, check, check and check.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:36 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
The game needs to be tweaked and I'm sure Mountain Sheep realizes this, especially in the weapon drops, upgrades, etc. But personally, I am having fun picking this up every time I play it. I don't need leaderboards or high scores or a 'need to achieve' something. I just want solid mechanics, good weapons, nice graphics and sound and an addictive fun factor. Check, check, check and check.
Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:43 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by anada View Post
I have only unlocked a few characters but the bear levelled all the way is awesome, and I like Xmas Gore too. I upgraded the machine gun and shottie all the way to strengthen them as they're the weakest, but now I'm starting to upgrade the dual cannons, those things destroy everything in their path so more power and ammo with them will make me unstoppable! I love seeing the M60 drop haha.

But before I do that, gotta unlock hardcore mode, only 12k away
Okay, how much does it cost to unlock hardcore mode, and what level to do unlock it? Also do different characters have different attributes, or do they just look different?
Old 12-14-2012, 09:48 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul202 View Post
I'd say stick with John or Jerry. Otherwise you'll find yourself starting with a measly weapon and a character with measly melee.

I find the level 10 shotgun is pretty good in general, and level 10 machine gun is super cheap to upgrade.

Also, didn't expect Minigore to get drowned out by the other games that quickly :/ Sale time it is then :P Good way to boost the app back.

Finally, does anyone have any idea as to what the "secret" mode is? Or is that just the hardcore mode?