Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-13-2012, 09:47 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
Slogged my way to getting the coin magnet, and that definitely helps along with the coin doubler, but I still feel like this game is a bit of a grind, and many of the goals aren't things you can actively try to do, rather you just play until they happen to occur. For example surfing 3 clouds in a row. That's just luck mostly. I do like the game, but I don't think it's as inspired as, for example, Jetpack Joyride.
Coin doubler + Coin magnet = +500 coins per run, at least for me... and some ranks gives you coins too. If you think this game is grindy, play Endless Road
Old 12-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNJ View Post
Not sure why you are getting free boosts. I am not. I upgraded too. 0 boosts for me.

I did buy the coin magnet and agree its worth it. It seems to more than double income -- maybe tripple?
Mmmm it says I have 4 and never bought any single one of them. Will check again
Old 12-13-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
Mmmm it says I have 4 and never bought any single one of them. Will check again
Well, you bought the coin doubler. Maybe its a throw in bonus.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:09 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Quote:
Well, you bought the coin doubler. Maybe its a throw in bonus.
You should do it too, this game deserves it. There are a lot of items on the shop to buy with they own objectives which extends life for a long time and Coin doubler helps with that a lot, as well as the coin magnet
Old 12-14-2012, 02:21 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

There was a point where the game gave me 4 of each boost, but it was a one time thing. I don't earn any for free otherwise. I do have the coin doubler too. That makes no difference. I don't think there are any free boosts per game.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:32 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Today I played 5 hours of this game, completed all the snowmobile missions, all the gizmos, upgrades and power-ups missions too, unlocked the bat and have bought every single item on the shop

Now I only have left: 5 characters and regular + slope specific missions, quite a few still.

Also realized that when you have the coin magnet activated you dont get the speed boost after picking all in a row... going to reserve that for when I start improving my highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
There was a point where the game gave me 4 of each boost, but it was a one time thing. I don't earn any for free otherwise. I do have the coin doubler too. That makes no difference. I don't think there are any free boosts per game.
I realized the same... only some little time after the update to get you used to it, then you have to pay for them. The rocket is worth it, the blue one, not
Old 12-14-2012, 07:08 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Okey I went on a Ski Safari gaming spree today... only 4 missions left:

Collect 10 presents as Elf Sven (in one game)
Jump 1500 metres (1 mile) on a bat
Transfer between 3 eagles (with Bling Seven)
Tow a snowmobile or sleight with 3 reindeers

Any help will be very appreciated
Old 12-15-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Okey I went on a Ski Safari gaming spree today... only 4 missions left:

Jump 1500 metres (1 mile) on a bat
Transfer between 3 eagles (with Bling Seven)
Tow a snowmobile or sleight with 3 reindeers

Any help will be very appreciated
I have the Tow with 3 reindeers and I cant even get two, lol.

Question, when you go through the houses a certain way, do you automatically get a sled? Just seemed to be happening.

I'm finding it lame that you do all these missions and your multiplier stays at x12. WTF is up with that, there is a reason other games dont work that way, it decreases motivation.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:41 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Quote:
I have the Tow with 3 reindeers and I cant even get two, lol.

Question, when you go through the houses a certain way, do you automatically get a sled? Just seemed to be happening.

I'm finding it lame that you do all these missions and your multiplier stays at x12. WTF is up with that, there is a reason other games dont work that way, it decreases motivation.
I get the sleigh pretty much half the times I got though houses and still cant get the third reindeer, two reindeers is ok, three seems almost impossible... at least if when you hit something a penguin fell off intead of reindeer... just wait until you get Elf Sven and Bling Sven last missions, are hard as titanium, plus the 1500 bat jump one... going to wait for the update, they changed missions on the past, maybe they will do it again?

Also, the 12x multiplier is lame for me too, only 1 rank left and I doubt the next award will be the 16x... they need to add more of this, when you achieve 12x, the avalanche starts getting to you, and you need to use a blue boost to escape it... instead, add up to 24x and you dont need to, and it will become fun again. I actually sent them a Feedback email with all of this, hope they listen to me...
Old 12-24-2012, 07:30 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Start working on your Bat flying skills as this is what helped me to get this. I realized to use the Bat when jumping off cliffs the presents were always located closer to the cliffs (and I was jumping OVER them) so I thought the physics of bat flying would make it easier to get them. Remember to rest the bat by skiing on the ground for a bit in between presents. I also used a coin magnet to stop the boosts from making me fly over the presents and at the same time made for good coin runs since you are flying through clouds anyway.

Last edited by Initial D; 12-24-2012 at 08:01 AM..