Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

View Poll Results: Is Canabalt worth $2.99?
Yes 212 35.04%
No 293 48.43%
Not my type of game 100 16.53%
Voters: 605. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2013, 02:56 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Send a message via AIM to Pman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggy110 View Post
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=52534

Thats the topic where all of the complaining about pricing goes. Pretty much if mods see massive complaining about price-tags, sale prices and arguments around them, they'll send those posts there...or at least that's what I think happens
Yes, I remember hearing something along those lines. I do think we should be allowed to complain about a price if it is too high, I mean seriously this is an app review site. And I'm almost sure the rules do allow such things as complaining too.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:50 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Talking about the price of an App is taboo on TouchArcade.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:31 PM

Here's a question, does someone else's opinion on whether a game is worth $1 or $5 really matter?
If someone wants to give their opinion on a game being too short or ugly or having a poor control scheme, I take that into account. That is information that helps me decide a game is / is not worth my time and money.
Someone saying this game is too expensive is, in my opinion, a waste of my time.
I've bought most of the square soft games on the AppStore. People complain every time they release a game that they are too expensive. If that's your opinion, don't buy them. I don't need to hear about it. It clutters up threads with generally useless info. I'd much rather read actual comments on the game itself.

I appreciate a lot of the removals of price debates. Just my thoughts.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:23 PM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

TouchArcade threads typically rank very highly in Google, and App Store pricing is always changing. So, pages and pages of economics arguing the relative worth of $1 and $2 games are largely wasted on people who stumble across a game three months after it came out, as it's potentially on sale or free or whatever. So, we corral all the price posts to a single thread where people can debate to the end of the Earth whether a game is truly worth a dollar.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:15 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
TouchArcade threads typically rank very highly in Google, and App Store pricing is always changing. So, pages and pages of economics arguing the relative worth of $1 and $2 games are largely wasted on people who stumble across a game three months after it came out, as it's potentially on sale or free or whatever. So, we corral all the price posts to a single thread where people can debate to the end of the Earth whether a game is truly worth a dollar.
So what happens if the game is worth more than a dollar???

Just kidding!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 01:49 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post

Just kidding!!!

Then the people will ask if it is really really really worth $3 or $5 or $10 and start comparing it to other games, with ridiculous example sometimes. After that, they'll start posting phrases like "gonna wait for a sale" or "that should be $.99 as the most other AppStore games", which is always a slap in the face of the developers. That's why all that stuff is moved into the that price discussion garbage thread. And honestly, on tA are people of all social structures, from poor to rich. Discussing about prices also makes no sense because of that - while one's single dollar is precious, for another one are $20 next to nothing.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:44 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:

Just kidding!!!
At anything over $10, then there is a fairly massive war that ends up going on...lots and lots of burn marks everywhere
Old 01-08-2013, 03:38 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggy110 View Post
At anything over $10, then there is a fairly massive war that ends up going on...lots and lots of burn marks everywhere
Ok, ok, how about if it is free???

Just kidding! Haha
Old 01-08-2013, 06:58 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:

Just kidding! Haha

This would be the only way to satisfy some AppStore customers.
Of course only if the game has no IAP.
Maybe one genius will come up with the idea that the devs should pay him for playing the game after that. I wonder why this was never brought up before.

To be serious...the iPhone became my gaming device of choice. I am getting good games for it and only have to pay 10% - 30% compared to the game's prices of other handhelds. What the heck should I complain about? A lot of devs designed really good games, but need things like Kickstarter to fund their new project(s). That's truly sad.

It depressing to see that a lot of good indie devs, which were quite active here in 2009/2010, left the iOS platform because the amount of income doesn't justify the amount of work before.

Last edited by Vovin; 01-08-2013 at 07:04 AM..
Old 01-08-2013, 02:55 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:

Just kidding! Haha
If it's a sale just after it's released, or a freemium turn, then everyone who bought it just complains that it was a waste of their money

If it's a freemium version of a big game, then everyone argues that the devs just want more money and they go and play different games

And in Dead Triggers case...well, the less said the better