Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-16-2012, 11:40 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by goiMot View Post
$2.99 on the Canadian App Store.
Apparently supposed to be $2.99 on the U.S. App Store as well. Going to have to see what I was charged and maybe ask Apple about this one. Wonder if it was accidentally released at $6.99 at first.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:48 PM
iPhone 4

$7.49 in Aus AppStore

For some stupid reason we always have to pay more even though our dollar is stronger. Go figure.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:50 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Yup it is $2.99 on the US Store now and I was billed $6.99. I reported it to Apple since their clearly was meant to be an introductory sale and I bought it like an hour before the price was corrected.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:06 AM

Thanks for the Hint Guys. Request an Refund from Apple.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:06 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I knew there'd be an intro sale!!!

Gonna get it now.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:38 AM

Wait for a couple of weeks. Guaranteed it will go down to $.99. Message to Kemco: Love all your games and have them all, But if you want to make more money (from me anyway), take a hint from Lunar or Frane and add cutscenes and voice acting. Then I would be more inclined to give you the full price.

Last edited by Bone16; 12-17-2012 at 08:52 AM..
Old 12-17-2012, 09:52 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Yeah, I hate to say it... As much as I absolutely LOVE Kemco... Unless you want to just support them because you got all their other titles for a buck each, and feel bad for it... You know this is going to hit $0.99 soon enough. Might want to just go back and replay Alphadia... By the time you get done, this will probably have gone on sale.

I got it, and went through the opening story sequence... But it's not really a day that I can sink a bunch of time into gaming. I will be sure and leave impressions on Wednesday, after I have a chance to play the game for a good couple hours.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:56 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Yeah, I hate to say it... As much as I absolutely LOVE Kemco... Unless you want to just support them because you got all their other titles for a buck each, and feel bad for it... You know this is going to hit $0.99 soon enough. Might want to just go back and replay Alphadia... By the time you get done, this will probably have gone on sale...
I want Alphadia II, but haven't played Alphadia I yet (or many of my other Kemco downloads)... so I will wait for a sale, but I do feel bad about it. Kemco must be making good money with their business model (frequent and predictable $0.99 sales) because they are spewing out RPG titles like nothing else. I hope they keep at it, and others join in the fray. Looking forward to impressions.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:42 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Apple refused my initial request for a refund for the difference even though it was clearly a pricing mistake since the app dropped to $2.99 just an hour or so after my purchase.

As for the game, I haven't played a lot yet, but just to give you an idea. The game is quite polished (Kemco has a bit of a mixed record on this and to me the first Alphadia, DarkGate and Fantasy Chronicle are the others that are good in this respect as well). Translations seems very good and the interface is appealing and easy to navigate.

For gameplay, this is definitely towards the more casual side of the Kemco games. I'm not far yet, but the leveling of stats, gaining abilities, etc., is automatic from what I've seen. Don't expect anything close to as deep as DarkGate (which too me was TOO deep and confusing). That said, it's a fun game and the story seems decent so far.

I like the fact that the game keeps record of your missions as this is something that has annoyed me with a lot of RPGs in that if you only play here and there you may not remember what you're supposed to be doing or going.

It's early, but I'd recommend it based on what I've played as long as you are fine with not as deep of a system as far as skill trees, jobs, etc. Personally, I love Fantasy Chronicle the best of the Kemco RPGs because it kind of sat in the middle of the RPG depth spectrum. But I also enjoy more casual efforts because it just fits with my gaming lifestyle where I just often don't have time to get into anything too complex (DarkGate is brutal if you don't make a concerted effort to learn the system).

Oh, and I really do think even the initial $2.99 asking price (well, what it was supposed to be) is a well worth it. I personally think Kemco's sales should be to a price in that range as I do feel kind of cheap when the $.99 deals roll along with the amount of content and quality that is in their games.

Last edited by awp69; 12-17-2012 at 06:45 PM..
Old 12-18-2012, 12:11 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Alrighty... Well... I'm only about an hour n a half in... So I can't really give in depth impressions ATM...

But to those wondering;;;

This is NOT a huge grindfest like Alphadia 1 was... And like AWP stated, it is a bit more focused towards casual RPGers. You can Auto through most battles, but there usually are a couple of higher tier enemies thrown into the mix... Leveling up restores your HP and Energi, and there's restore points before every big battle...

You can save anywhere... And aside from inventory management and character placement, there's no real customization available.

The translation is decent, though, for a Kemco published title, there's a surprising amount of grammatical errors.

This is not to say that this is a bad game... Not by any means. But after playing through Dark Gate twice and Fantasy Chronicle again over the last couple months... This does seem a bit bland. I'm hoping (like with the original Alphadia) that the battles get a bit more difficult as the game progresses... But for now, the continuation of the Alphadia story (even though 200 years after the first game) and world is enough to keep me playing.

I'm still sticking to my... You can wait for a $0.99 price drop if you're hesitant, or you can purchase it now or at its reg. price if you want to support Kemco... But chances are it'll leave you wanting...