Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-17-2012, 04:08 AM

Default myTales Part I : Action RPG Game on iOS [Free]

Evil monsters have once again flooded over the land. Face your destiny and enter to the battle. MyTales is Action RPG game and you have fun with game characters and many monsters. Collect dropping items will make you become the most powerful hero.

AppStore

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mytales-part-i/id585217680

Features

- Optimized for iPhone 5.
- Deep character customization: choose from 2 classes - Fighter and Sage.
- Gain experience points with each completed arena and unlock new skills as you level up.
- Choose card game for upgrade your character.
- Various monsters and Big Boss can attack you with skills.
- Hack your way through different arenas, earn great rewards and upgrade your skills.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:26 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quite like the look of this due to being a side scroller.

Just downloaded it, theres ads on the main menu, 69p to unlock the full game. (The ad does appear along the top in the game as well)

Its like a strange platformer/RPG, eg a mushroom i had to hit 10 times, other creatures a lot more. Later on i kept dying which was annoying, when you die you have to wait about 10 seconds for it to go back to the 're-spawn' page. I accidentally touched one jelly type character and instantly died.

The whirling animation circle in the corner, think that means its an HTML 5 game?

Hmmm spoke to a few characters and the english translation is terrible. 'One day, you have a luck to reach there' ? 'But right there has many monsters' ?

I want to like this as it has so much potential, the graphics are great with the scrolling backgrounds. The delay between each section/or dying is annoying as it takes way too long. Plus when you hit something it should 'bounce back' but it doesnt, it pauses for a split second and then moves on, so you have to jump and run behind it and try to hit it again (up to 40 times !). If you touch a certain jelly (fish ?) you instantly die which is very frustrating.

The poor translations, long loading times and instant-death puts me off this. Its a shame as it 'could' possibly be a great little action platformer/RPG. If i was a developer and was going to create a game for the eastern market i would get it translated properly or get some thai/chinese friends to check the text. Already i've seen a lot of poorly translated english, so that just puts me off straight away. Too many games have this, i cant believe they cant spend one day with a translation company to check the text, hundreds of online sites do this. I hate being negative about games but some devs have to wake up and realise cheap translated games dont mean big sales.

Edit - Feel a bit bad now The devs contacted me to say thanks for the feedback, he will address many of the points. So firstly fairplay to him for taking the feedback well, he says hes a one man band so hes done it all himself. Hopefully there are some cheap places where you can get the translations done. I'll come back to this once theres an update as i feel there is potential.

Last edited by psj3809; 12-17-2012 at 05:47 AM..