Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-17-2012, 02:47 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Any Android version planned?

Also devs, I'd like to fully play this game, but I want an honest answer for my next question:

Would it be possible to finish the whole game without making further in-app purchases? If yes, how much (or little) grinding is involved? Does the rate of gold drops increase later on?
Old 12-17-2012, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post

Also devs, I'd like to fully play this game, but I want an honest answer for my next question:

Would it be possible to finish the whole game without making further in-app purchases? If yes, how much (or little) grinding is involved? Does the rate of gold drops increase later on?
Yep! The android version i almost done and will release soon.

Did you get the paid version?
Old 12-17-2012, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post

Yep. The rate of gold drops increase! You can get free crystal every 10 mins and change it to golds. It is hard to say whether you should make any iap, For me, I played the whole Chapter 3 without purchasing any crystal(I am just an ordinary girl gamer.). Let alone you had the gift ---30 gems in the paid version.

Woud love to hear how you feel about this part when you move forward. Keep it up.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:46 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Misleading thread title. Developers shouldn't label the threads based on what they think their games looks like - could you imagine the chaos if everyone did this??? Uninspired and unprofessional. I just hope a mod can correct this and show the game in its true light, which may in fact work out better?
Old 12-17-2012, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataloss View Post
Misleading thread title. Developers shouldn't label the threads based on what they think their games looks like - could you imagine the chaos if everyone did this??? Uninspired and unprofessional. I just hope a mod can correct this and show the game in its true light, which may in fact work out better?
Very sorry about that. I am still new here and don't know much rules on this. We are thinking about changing the thread title. Do you have any good suggestion?(I am not English native speaker.)
Old 12-17-2012, 04:21 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanmacheung View Post
Very sorry about that. I am still new here and don't know much rules on this. We are thinking about changing the thread title. Do you have any good suggestion?(I am not English native speaker.)
Okay... perhaps my point wasn't put over the best way. The games has clearly had a lot of polish lavished upon it - so, let the game stand up on its own 2 feet :-)

If you want to get the title changed - contact a mod, and they'll do the honours.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:32 AM

Loving this game so far. Decided to give the free version a whirl since I had nothing to lose, but it's impressed me enough to spring for the paid version to get rid of those pesky ads.

At first $3.99 seemed like a bit much, but after playing for a while, the pricing model actually seems pretty fair. Aside from the quality of the graphics and gameplay, the free gem every 10 minutes is a nice little gift. The upgrades are expensive enough to give incentive to purchase gems, but gold is plentiful enough that people with some patience can save up. There also doesn't seem to be any hidden pay wall, which is another huge plus.

Graphically, the game is without blemish. The visual style is distinct and aesthetically pleasing, spell animations are detailed and varied, and the framerate is silky smooth with no dips.

Gameplay-wise, I can definitely see why comparisons to Torchlight were drawn. If Torchlight were ported to iOS, I imagine it would look and play a lot like this game. Some people may prefer virtual controls but tap to move and auto attack work pretty well. Virtual controls would still be a nice option for those who prefer them, though.

There's not really much of a "loot lust" aspect of the game that makes Torchlight so addictive. The upgrade system is more in line with the defense genre and adding an equipment system would probably open up a whole can of worms, but it could be something to consider if the game is a success and a sequel were to be planned...

But I'm jumping the gun here. In any case, I urge everyone to at least give the free version a shot. The game is already a winner and with future updates, I can imagine it'll only get better.

Last edited by NaiveCynic; 12-17-2012 at 04:38 AM..
Old 12-17-2012, 05:04 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Please release on the Japanese App Store. You have at least one person waiting to buy this!
Old 12-17-2012, 05:54 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Just a sidenote: 4 in roman numerals is not IIII, it is IV. (chapter IIII)
Old 12-17-2012, 06:26 AM

what a great game I never seen.