Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 12-16-2012, 02:55 PM
iPhone 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucianOrb View Post
Sony needs to spend (lots of money) on AAA titles that people will actually want to buy the system for. Vita doesn't have any real system seller at the moment, COD and ACL flopped miserably and there's nothing not even remotely earth-shattering in the horizon. And cut the price even if it means selling the Vita at a loss. With a competitive price and desirable games for the non-core crowd, Sony can then sit and watch the domino effect, 3rd parties will come and invest in high quality titles for us.
That's what they are Doing? You don't understand how much Sony has been spending money to create new IAP for exclusive for playstation? They can't just go and spent entire money on the vita. They are spending their money on games like soul sacrifice and killzone.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:41 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Sony needs to spend (lots of money) on AAA titles that people will actually want to buy the system for. Vita doesn't have any real system seller at the moment, COD and ACL flopped miserably and there's nothing not even remotely earth-shattering in the horizon. And cut the price even if it means selling the Vita at a loss. With a competitive price and desirable games for the non-core crowd, Sony can then sit and watch the domino effect, 3rd parties will come and invest in high quality titles for us.
GTA is the system seller
Old 12-17-2012, 02:14 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I don't understand why there are less songs in Fifa 13 Vita compared to PS3. The game itself is 2.8Gb but I know that Vita game cards are 4gb. They shouldn't crop the soundtrack at least
Old 12-17-2012, 04:35 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkgames View Post
GTA is the system seller
Even GTA can't save Vita alone. PSP's number only went up a little back when Liberty City Stories was released on PSP 5 years ago, then the numbers went flatline back to usual low sales.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:02 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

So, anyone getting Sonic & AllStars Racing Transformed or Oddworld: Strangers Wrath tomorrow?

The more I look at sonic, the more I want it. It'd be nice to have another Kart racer especially since the first Sonic was pretty decent.

I never got to play the Oddworld game though. I remember it coming out for my Xbox years ago, but never gave it a try. Any recommendations, is it decent?
Old 12-17-2012, 11:14 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I've had Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed pre-ordered since October, I'm pretty excited for that game. It looks like it's gonna be really good.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:20 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Quote:
Vita needs an original game, not a port, that you can't play anywhere else, and touts exactly what Sony has marketed the device as, Portable Console Quality Gaming. Until this happens, iOS and even the 3DS will continue to dominate.

At best, the Vita becomes a glorified Wii-U controller for the PS3/4 and gives it new life. Which sadly still doesn't use the system as it was originally marketed, but given its specs it should work nicely in this area.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:34 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Vitas only been out here about 9 months the amount of games so far doesn't bother me at all there are already quite a few gems. About the only thing that did make me worry about where it was going are the two Nihilistic games and I'm a lot happier now they have moved on to mobile.

I'm already pretty happy with my collection

Disgaea 3, Everybodys Golf, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Fifa Football, Modnation Racers, NFS Most Wanted, Wipeout 2048, Streetfighter X Tekken, Unit 13, Resistance Burning Skies, Hustle Kings, Motorstorm RC, Mutant Blobs Attack

also a couple of PSP games and minis
Old 12-17-2012, 11:55 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroByte View Post
I never got to play the Oddworld game though. I remember it coming out for my Xbox years ago, but never gave it a try. Any recommendations, is it decent?
I downloaded it of PSN+ earlier this year when they were offering it for free. Honestly, I found it extremely boring. The whole switching between 3rd and 1st person worked well enough, but the story, gameplay, and general package just seemed incredibly dull. I got to what I'm sure was the final assault on the enemy base but never bothered finishing it. If its going fairly cheap then maybe check it out (you may like it more than I did), but otherwise I would personally recommend you spend your money elsewhere.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:59 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Location: You'll get there eventually if you just go this way: -->

I'd say the way things are now the Vita may not have that system seller for everyone, but it does have a lot of good games. Perhaps that's a good thing, because one amazing game only lasts for so long.

I don't see the big problem with the Vita getting ports from home consoles/PC.
Think of it this way: Yes, there are some games you can get everywhere (for any home console), but it's only on the Vita you can also play those games everywhere.
Of course it still needs its exclusives as well, but ports of new games aren't all that bad, as long as they're done well.