★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-12-2012, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schutzenegger View Post
Is it just me or is combat achingly unresponsive at times. Maybe I'm too used to playing infinity blade, but I find that I just can't react the same way, and I don't seem to have many cues to go off of. Maybe this is because I've just started playing the demo today, but I feel I should be able to pick up on something when it comes to fighting the pygons.
You are probably just a slow learner. The pygons do give away cues as to when they attack, and once you've played the game enough, each pygon has its own pattern that can help you know when they're gonna attack you.
12-12-2012, 02:59 AM
I really can't understand someone's butthert when small part of the game was released as a f2p edition.

Quest Mode consists of 3 quest routes. It's about 5% of the original full priced game.

As for the IAPs in demo - well, that's free2play gamer's pain, owners of complete Horn shouldn't care much about it.

12-12-2012, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
It isn't. The extreme knee-jerk overreaction in this thread is hopefully only the result of people not actually understanding what this release actually is, as the other option is the terrifying notion that IQs just dropped sharply while I was away.

None of that is relevant; this isn't a "free version" of the whole game, it's a demo of part of it, and PC has the situation pegged exactly. You (the community) don't get to complain that games are too expensive, then whine when the developers release a demo. You just don't.
Yes, I may have jumped the gun with my reaction, I saw the word free with phosphor/ Zynga and assumed it was The Dark meadow all over again. I think people panicked when they saw the free version, especially when some bought the original version at 6.99 but if the free version is a demo and only 5% of the game. I don't see anything wrong with that.
12-12-2012, 06:48 AM
Quote:
It isn't. The extreme knee-jerk overreaction in this thread is hopefully only the result of people not actually understanding what this release actually is, as the other option is the terrifying notion that IQs just dropped sharply while I was away.

None of that is relevant; this isn't a "free version" of the whole game, it's a demo of part of it, and PC has the situation pegged exactly. You (the community) don't get to complain that games are too expensive, then whine when the developers release a demo. You just don't.
Edit: Deleted, double post

Last edited by Johnny101; 12-12-2012 at 09:50 AM.
12-12-2012, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Seriously though, you've only been posting since August this year and you've almost never appeared in a thread where you haven't insulted or made rude and/or unreasonable demands of a developer. The simple truth in this case is that people jumped to an erroneous conclusion, decided to take cheap potshots at the developer based on misinformation, and are now trying to move the goalposts to save face.
/applause

Goal post moving indeed.
"You're wrong because it can't be a *real* demo because it has a functional mini-game!"
"How dare you point out that Apple won't allow my definition of a demo on the app store "
"BUT IT HAZ IAPZ!!!!"

It is a smaller, simpler stand alone game that shows off the style and flavor of the full game, AKA as close to an outright demo as app store rules allow. It is not in any way, shape or form a conversion of the original game to a freemium model as happened with Dark Meadow. Yet we still see epic butt hurt, brilliant

Game Center : "Chip H.". Grand Poobah of Troop "Touch Arcade" in Battle Camp (referral code: hns1w1 )
12-17-2012, 07:39 AM
I've just starter the game but I experiment stuttering at the beginning an when scenario change! Is it normal? iPhone 4s 32gb!
12-17-2012, 12:26 PM
How many different routes quest mode has? I counted three.
12-17-2012, 01:20 PM
I think a history of negativity directed toward most games, then followed by a proposal to change yet another well-liked game to one's liking is rather contradictory. It means most people are going to disagree with the change, not that it's a good idea in the broad sense.
12-18-2012, 06:47 PM
Finally finished the game (or what is now known as Story mode.). Despite its flaws, it's one hell of a game. Immediately made my top five. To me, a MUCH more enjoyable experience than the Infinity Rails (I mean Blade) games. Between this and Dark Meadow (before the shenanigans), they really do know how to make a great game. I hope Phosphor can keep them coming.

My note on the bugs, and there are a few, is that many people (rightfully so) consider Aralon the high water mark for iOS RPG gaming, but I played at least six months after the release, and I fought Uthu/Urthu/whatever his name was from inside his body because of some wild bug. Aralon was a buggy mess. Great game, but a real mess. Way worse than Horn, and yet people were very forgiving. (Maybe just a testament to all the bad will from DM.)
12-29-2012, 10:50 PM
Suddene

so im suddene and thought i had completed the six quests - it seems as tho i missing one seed thing tho. When i go into either room where the mission are all six lights are lit up so i have no idea whihc one i am missing out on - also the blue beam is behind the room and im not sure if this is trying to tell me something different> Is there any way of telling where my final seed is>