Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-17-2012, 06:36 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Couple of slightly irritating issues:

Accidentally swapping items in chests and accidentally buying items while trying to view them in the shop.

I know the counter argument might be "but it would add an additional step and this would slow down the flow of the game" (yeah, that old one), but I'd love some kind of "Are you sure?" button or some other way of confirming that you intend to swap or buy an item. The buying is more important as it can't be undone.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:58 AM
iPad

Love this game, but i have a silly question. Can you block?
Old 12-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakinnuso View Post
Love this game, but i have a silly question. Can you block?
Yes by holding your finger on the screen (the same way you use your power move or magic attacks)
Old 12-17-2012, 01:49 PM
iPad

Thanks!
Old 12-17-2012, 02:39 PM

I'm surprised more people aren't commenting on this game. It's pretty great. I hope you're making money. I think if you continue to flesh it out with leader boards and maybe some objectives or something you will do very well.
You should really add a stats screen where you can go back and look at your progress and what items you have found. Objectives could include finding sets of armor, reaching certain levels or finding secrets. Then you could look at the objectives you have completed on the stats screen.
Also had the idea of a save system that only works every 15 levels or so. So it's Permadeath except that you get to continue if you make it to level 15, 30 etc.
By the way does this game have an ending?
Old 12-17-2012, 02:46 PM

By the way, farming ghosts and rats for health and magic is fun at first but kind of pointless since you could do it infinitely. Why not just automatically fill up everything after you clear a room. It's the same thing with less time wasted.

The other option I can think of is to only spawn a limited amount of ghosts and rats. Then you have to be strategic about farming them.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:48 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Is there an estimated release timeframe for the universal update?
Old 12-17-2012, 03:19 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by grits View Post
By the way, farming ghosts and rats for health and magic is fun at first but kind of pointless since you could do it infinitely. Why not just automatically fill up everything after you clear a room. It's the same thing with less time wasted.

The other option I can think of is to only spawn a limited amount of ghosts and rats. Then you have to be strategic about farming them.
Initially, ideas like this sound good - I had a few myself - but then I thought it's probably best to leave the game as much as it is as possible, because it works, and focus more on the things that are missing: high scores, stats, etc. or not very polished: the swap/buy mechanic and the fact that your character moves if you tap on an equipped item to view its stats, etc.

I'd be far more supportive of attempts to minimally tweak and fix what is there, rather than trying to create some kind of ideal game based on this one. Basically, one person's gameplay enhancement is another person's unwanted nerf.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:48 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Fantastic dungeon crawler type of game which has a sort of Zelda-esque aura to it.

On the downside, I dont see much point in playing the game more if there arent any scoring system.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:05 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Bought it today and it's fun. Seems kind of easy, although at one point I lost my weapon right before a boss fight, which made it more challenging. I'm not really sure why I lost the weapon. Is that supposed to happen? I mean I had no weapon at all, or at least none showed in the bar at the bottom.

Also the thing with it automatically swapping out your weapon/armor/item if you tap a chest is annoying as heck, especially at the shops. I look forward to that being fixed. But I am having fun with it so far. I would like see a higher difficulty option.