Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3871  
Old 12-17-2012, 12:07 PM
h0130j03 h0130j03 is offline
Senior Member
iPad, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
I'd say the way things are now the Vita may not have that system seller for everyone, but it does have a lot of good games. Perhaps that's a good thing, because one amazing game only lasts for so long.

I don't see the big problem with the Vita getting ports from home consoles/PC.
Think of it this way: Yes, there are some games you can get everywhere (for any home console), but it's only on the Vita you can also play those games everywhere.
Of course it still needs its exclusives as well, but ports of new games aren't all that bad, as long as they're done well.
I agree with you completely. The second paragraph especially makes sense to me. Cause I'm always on the go and so I have no bome consoles.
Reply With Quote
  #3872  
Old 12-17-2012, 01:16 PM
Jinathin_x_X Jinathin_x_X is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,260
Default

Like let's say for all these fighting games port on the vita. I much rather to play them on the vita than sitting on the couch with a big screen.
Reply With Quote
  #3873  
Old 12-17-2012, 01:19 PM
MicroByte MicroByte is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: in a van down by the river...
Posts: 1,315
Default

I picked up Sonic & Sega Transformed from Target today at lunch and wanted to share some initial impressions.

As far as I can tell, the game looks like it's running in native resolution and the framerate has been pretty solid - leaps ahead of something like Modnation. The worlds have been great to look at so far with their own distinctive themes (Panzer Dragoon looks pretty awesome!). The colors are really vibrant and looks great so far.

The game reminds me more of Diddy Kong Racing for obvious reasons. I'm really liking the way the game transitions from one vehicle to the next. Instead of just a set stage with all flying or a set stage with boats, you might race one lap all Kart and then something happens in the next lap that causes you to use the boat.

For the price, I think it's well worth it. I'm having fun so far and just working through the stages on easy and then will progress to medium and then hard.

Any questions anyone has, let me know.
Reply With Quote
  #3874  
Old 12-17-2012, 01:53 PM
h0130j03 h0130j03 is offline
Senior Member
iPad, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroByte View Post
I picked up Sonic & Sega Transformed from Target today at lunch and wanted to share some initial impressions.

As far as I can tell, the game looks like it's running in native resolution and the framerate has been pretty solid - leaps ahead of something like Modnation. The worlds have been great to look at so far with their own distinctive themes (Panzer Dragoon looks pretty awesome!). The colors are really vibrant and looks great so far.

The game reminds me more of Diddy Kong Racing for obvious reasons. I'm really liking the way the game transitions from one vehicle to the next. Instead of just a set stage with all flying or a set stage with boats, you might race one lap all Kart and then something happens in the next lap that causes you to use the boat.

For the price, I think it's well worth it. I'm having fun so far and just working through the stages on easy and then will progress to medium and then hard.

Any questions anyone has, let me know.
sounds good to me. too bad I have racing covered with Most Wanted and the upcoming Ultimate Speed Pack that I'm really hoping is released for Vita tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #3875  
Old 12-17-2012, 02:35 PM
MicroByte MicroByte is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: in a van down by the river...
Posts: 1,315
Default

Something to add about Sonic Racing, there are a few modes included with the game which include World Tour, Grand Prix, Time Attack and Single Race.

World Tour has you going track by track raising your characters level as you progress. There seems to be a little variety in the series so it's not just pure racing. I've had to beat some rivals as well as play some other types like Drift Challenge and Boost Challenge.

The Grand Prix mode is there for traditional tiered racing ala Mario Kart.

So far, I'm enjoying this game. Still on easy as I want to beat all of Grand Prix and World Tour before going on, but it's definitely one of the better Kart Racers I've played.
Reply With Quote
  #3876  
Old 12-17-2012, 03:30 PM
Trunks Trunks is offline
Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
I'm already pretty happy with my collection

Disgaea 3, Everybodys Golf, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Fifa Football, Modnation Racers, NFS Most Wanted, Wipeout 2048, Streetfighter X Tekken, Unit 13, Resistance Burning Skies, Hustle Kings, Motorstorm RC, Mutant Blobs Attack

also a couple of PSP games and minis
I'm right there with you. I got the Assassin's Creed bundle when it came out and I'm MORE than happy with the games I have;

Madden 13
Need For Speed: Most Wanted
Street Fighter x Tekken
Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3
Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation
Ragnarok Odyssey
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal
Unit 13
Call Of Duty Black Ops: Declassified
Rayman Origins
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Dynasty Warriors Next
Fifa Soccer
Fifa Soccer 13
Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz
Little Deviants
Gravity Rush
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Shinobido 2: The Revenge of Zen
Resistance: Burning Skies
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
BEN 10 Galactic Racing
Mortal Kombat
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
Wipeout 2048
Asphalt: Injection
Lumines Electronic Symphony

The only downloaded game I have is Power Stone Collection

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is in the mail and it'll be here saturday

Personally I'm really looking forward to 2013 for the Vita;

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Soul Sacrifice
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus
Dead or Alive 5 Plus
Killzone: Mercenary
Warrior's Lair
and possibly Final Fantasy X HD

and while personally I don't think it'll happen, the game I want to be released eventually is Final Fantasy Type-O
Reply With Quote
  #3877  
Old 12-17-2012, 05:22 PM
Jinathin_x_X Jinathin_x_X is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
I'm right there with you. I got the Assassin's Creed bundle when it came out and I'm MORE than happy with the games I have;

Madden 13
Need For Speed: Most Wanted
Street Fighter x Tekken
Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3
Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation
Ragnarok Odyssey
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal
Unit 13
Call Of Duty Black Ops: Declassified
Rayman Origins
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Dynasty Warriors Next
Fifa Soccer
Fifa Soccer 13
Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz
Little Deviants
Gravity Rush
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Shinobido 2: The Revenge of Zen
Resistance: Burning Skies
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
BEN 10 Galactic Racing
Mortal Kombat
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
Wipeout 2048
Asphalt: Injection
Lumines Electronic Symphony

The only downloaded game I have is Power Stone Collection

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is in the mail and it'll be here saturday

Personally I'm really looking forward to 2013 for the Vita;

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Soul Sacrifice
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus
Dead or Alive 5 Plus
Killzone: Mercenary
Warrior's Lair
and possibly Final Fantasy X HD

and while personally I don't think it'll happen, the game I want to be released eventually is Final Fantasy Type-O
And people still say no games to play...
Reply With Quote
  #3878  
Old 12-17-2012, 05:33 PM
JBRUU JBRUU is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinathin_x_X View Post
And people still say no games to play...
Don't want to come off as a troll, but honestly there are quite a few on that list that're terrible and few are brilliant or received rave reviews. After over a year, the library of good titles should e bigger, and there really hasn't been an exceptional AAA title on the Vita. It doesn't even have any good FPSs.
Reply With Quote
  #3879  
Old 12-17-2012, 05:37 PM
MicroByte MicroByte is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: in a van down by the river...
Posts: 1,315
Default

Sonic gameplay footage - I love the Panzer Dragoon stage!


Youtube link | Pop Up
Reply With Quote
  #3880  
Old 12-17-2012, 06:06 PM
Trunks Trunks is offline
Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Don't want to come off as a troll, but honestly there are quite a few on that list that're terrible and few are brilliant or received rave reviews. After over a year, the library of good titles should e bigger, and there really hasn't been an exceptional AAA title on the Vita. It doesn't even have any good FPSs.
That's the thing whether a game is good or not is simply a matter of opinion. I like every Vita game I own and wouldnt refer to any of them as terrible. Just like in my opion Call Of Duty is a pretty decent FPS. Terrible - no. Over priced - yes. A lot of the arguments that get brought up about COD, short campaign, when has the modern era COD games EVER been known for their campaign. you can beat the console COD campaigns in a couple hours, you want the campaign to last longer than 40 mins. to an hour then turn up the difficulty NOBODY is beating that campaign in under an hour on veteran without playing through it a lot. Another is the spawns in multiplayer I only occasionally experience poor spawns on 2 maps Nuketown and Container but yeah it would be nice if there were 2 or 3 more maps and if the maps were a little bigger. Also the graphics argument is straight laughable as the graphics are far from terrible.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent