Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 12-17-2012, 05:27 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default business of Apple is getting worse compared to previous a few years is a good thing?

if Apple goes bankrupt someday, it would cause a lot of troubles for IOS users.
but it's not gonna happen in the near future as we can see.
So I think for now Apple market value is shrinking is a good thing. as long as the Apple can't invent or introduce something new and attractive, it has to be less stubborn.
so we get different size IOS device this year.
when we gonna get offical controller? for me, touch screen control is more than ok, but the controller could turn my iOS device into a real gaming console.
if I can just connect my IOS device to TV, then I can play cooperative or competitive games with my friends and family by some controllers, I would be more than happy.
the power of new gen IOS device makes me can't stop imagine these things, the resolution of Ipad is more than ok for TV display, and the power of it can run most of family-friendly games and some decent games without a flaw.
Ipad 4 still can't reach AAA graphics in nowday's standard, but it's decent enough for current generation.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:48 PM

Yes?
Old 12-17-2012, 06:06 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I'm just after reading an analyst is predicting Apple's stock may drop as low as $60 next year. Of course that means absolutely nothing as anything could happen and there are always scaremongers but it does point to Apple's definitely been losing reputation and court cases lately.

Personally while I think apples days at the top are behind them I do think they have the ability to turn it around.

My own opinion is I think their going wrong with their war against Android/Google it's tainting them as being unable to compete fairly and their also taking foolish decisions because of it an example being the whole Apple maps.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:18 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
I'm just after reading an analyst is predicting Apple's stock may drop as low as $60 next year. Of course that means absolutely nothing as anything could happen and there are always scaremongers but it does point to Apple's definitely been losing reputation and court cases lately.

Personally while I think apples days at the top are behind them I do think they have the ability to turn it around.

My own opinion is I think their going wrong with their war against Android/Google it's tainting them as being unable to compete fairly and their also taking foolish decisions because of it an example being the whole Apple maps.
Apple maps did hurt their reputation as "it just works" and "we polish everything so much before you see it - that's why it takes a while" quite a bit.

Last edited by JBRUU; 12-17-2012 at 06:31 PM..
Old 12-17-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post

Apple is still making record profits every quarter and has many billions of dollars in reserve. Their stock price will not drop to $60 in any forceeable future, as that would put their price to earnings ratio on negative territory (meaning that the stock would be worth less than the company has in cash). The world in which Apple goes bankrupt will give you many more pressing issues to worry about than your iOS device (for example, which garbage can will provide you with your next meal).

There are basically two companies making money in the mobile market: Apple and Samsung. Google makes little or no money from the Nexus line; Microsoft loses money handsomely on Windows Phone, and Amazon's overall loses are dizzing. All those companies have price to earning ratios that are way, way higher than Apple, but get buy ratings from the same analysts who are downgrading Apple. It makes little sense, and, frankly, it's not something that rational people should worry about.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Apple is still making record profits every quarter and has many billions of dollars in reserve. Their stock price will not drop to $60 in any forceeable future, as that would put their price to earnings ratio on negative territory (meaning that the stock would be worth less than the company has in cash). The world in which Apple goes bankrupt will give you many more pressing issues to worry about than your iOS device (for example, which garbage can will provide you with your next meal).

There are basically two companies making money in the mobile market: Apple and Samsung. Google makes little or no money from the Nexus line; Microsoft loses money handsomely on Windows Phone, and Amazon's overall loses are dizzing. All those companies have price to earning ratios that are way, way higher than Apple, but get buy ratings from the same analysts who are downgrading Apple. It makes little sense, and, frankly, it's not something that rational people should worry about.
Just repeating this http://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/ap...by-2013-16221/ it's not my opinion I just happened to read it before posting.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:39 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Yeah, apple needs a wireless joystick and sd card / hard drive support.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Apple maps did hurt their reputation as "it just works" and "we polish everything so much before you see it - that's why it takes a while" quite a bit.
It did get Google to upgrade the map experience on iOS, which they had refused to do till Apple gave them access to your personal information. In my book that's a big win for Apple.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
It did get Google to upgrade the map experience on iOS, which they had refused to do till Apple gave them access to your personal information. In my book that's a big win for Apple.
Not really Google offered them turn by turn before but only if they would put the Google name inside the app, Apple refused. Now Google have everything they originally wanted.

Maybe a win for both sides depending on how you look at it but I think Apple have really suffered a lot more for it.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:20 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

mobile device is really powerful now, android users already enjoyed their PS3 controller for a long time.
it's such a waste for not turn the device into a gaming console.
the passenger model of TDKR is actually better than a random soldier of current dynasty warriors game, in fact it almost as good as a general.
TDKR is lack of dynamic shade effect, but the ipad version has more pixels than a console game.
and it's still far from use out the power of A6, we can easily know the power of mobile device nowdays is capable of current gen games. for some games, it may still looks like a somehow shrinking version, but should be decent enough.
and it's much easier to access, you do not need to power on and power off the machine every time you use it and it's faster at loading, and you can take it anywhere you go.