QUANTUM CAT by Glass Software ^__^
We just released our first iOS game into the App Store and wanna know what you guys think!
It's an iOS game about space, fashion and cats.
Some background info on Quantum Cat:
- it started as small project for me and a few buddies of mine to learn how to make games
- feature creep, realities of game development, impending graduation, and pressure to get jobs made us decide to develop it into a commercial product
- it's for iOS only at the moment
- we wanted to make a small, arcadey game with a high skill-cap
- basic gameplay involves using your slow time ability to chain boosts together, dodge obstacles, and fight bosses
- the aesthetic draws from contemporary streetwear, Russian-era spacesuit design, and classic sci-fi tropes
- it's a casual game, but it also includes a leveling system, character stats, random item drops, currency, crafting, blueprints, and upgrading. mainly because we love this kinda thing.
- so t-shirts give you armor and can let you slow time and stuff. yeah.
- theres 36 sectors, 4 bosses, and 250-ish items in the current version, with more planned
Some background info on me:
- I'm the lead designer
- I like hard games like Ikaruga, Demon's Souls, and Super Hexagon
- Just graduated art school and am currently poor
Anyway I'd love to hear what TA thinks about the game. Our experience in game design is literally 'played a lot of video games as kids' so we're completely open to suggestions and criticism. We're prepared to support this with new content, player suggestions, and additional features for as long as it takes to make it good.
Hope you guys like it!
P.S. Check out the website!