★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: SkyGoblin
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 381.4 MB
  • Version: 1.4
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: PocketGamer GOLD award

In a shady corner of Kingsport Bay, at the outskirts of St Armando, Bwana and his trusted sidekick Kito struggle to make ends meet at their run-down gas station. Little do they know that they are about to be thrown into a spine-tingling adventure that will take them far from home and right into a twisting plot of corruption and danger.

In the first chapter of The Journey Down, the search for a lost journal leads to forgotten secrets of the mysterious Underland. Follow Bwana and Kito as they puzzle their way forward and begin to uncover the true fate of their long lost father, Captain Kaonandodo.

The Journey Down is a classic point-and-click saga with an Afro-Caribbean vibe. Get ready to embark on an epic journey of brain-teasing adventure! Chapter One and Chapter Two are also available for PC, Mac and Linux on Steam.

Features:
* A twisting tale of intriguing adventure
* Tons of handpainted environments
* An all original jazzy reggae soundtrack
* A fully voiced cast
* HD art and animations

THE JOURNEY DOWN: CHAPTER TWO is available here:
https://itunes.apple.com/app/the-journey-down-chapter-two/id906398185

Sanuku's comments:

12-18-2012, 05:16 AM
great game with low price ,thanks!

12-18-2012, 05:20 AM
This one got good reviews on pc,so at one buck I'd say it's a no brainer
12-19-2012, 06:47 PM
Loved the Mac version, this is a steal @ 99c.
12-19-2012, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Did anyone get this?
Yep. Only played about 30 mins whilst commuting back from a meeting today. First impressions are very good. Awesome scenery, nice animations, good voice overs. I'm only a few puzzles in, and a bit stuck already but I didn't try that hard to solve it yet. Not sure if there are hints but I tend not to use them in adventures (call me old-skool, or just old).

For the price it's a serious bargain!

(Playing on Ipad4 btw so can't say about performance on other devices yet)
12-19-2012, 08:20 PM
So before I instabuy this... what exactly kinda game is it? hidden object? point and click adventure? Similar to any other existing games?

Screens look pretty good and Universal as well!
12-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xexist View Post
So before I instabuy this... what exactly kinda game is it? hidden object? point and click adventure? Similar to any other existing games?
Point and click, akin to Tales of Monkey Island, Sam and Max: Beyond Time and Space and The Walking Dead for iOS.

And, might I add, looking mighty awesome! Surprised it hasn't generated a bigger hype. In between this, three games bought at sale prices tonight, Ravensword: Shadowlands, possibly Anomaly Korea, and the Humble Indie Bundle 7 that had the disrespectful disregard to launch on an already awesome night, I hardly know even what game to launch first...

Former editor in chief of teknikapan.se (due for an eventual relaunch)
Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
12-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xexist View Post

Screens look pretty good and Universal as well!
Point and Tab Adventure.
12-19-2012, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Tab?
You gotta realise Sanuku writes his ramblings whilst typing looking in a mirror like a modern day Da Vinci. He meant "tap"