Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-14-2012, 04:47 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

BTW, we just updated the client last night (1.3.11) to have much more responsive controls and better navigation (especially going up and down single-block-wide chutes, which were a huge pain before)!

We'd love to hear anyone's feedback on how the controls feel now. Platformer controls are tricky on iOS, as everyone knows! The more feedback we get the better we can fine-tune the experience.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:56 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklaurence View Post
BTW, we just updated the client last night (1.3.11) to have much more responsive controls and better navigation (especially going up and down single-block-wide chutes, which were a huge pain before)!

We'd love to hear anyone's feedback on how the controls feel now. Platformer controls are tricky on iOS, as everyone knows! The more feedback we get the better we can fine-tune the experience.
The update fixed problems I was having moving down or up through narrow passages. It was becoming a trying task not to burn though my basic steam pack to go up through a tunnel.

You do have a pretty good control system but I think a bit more customization would help. Being able to set the floating D Pad to the left side of the screen only would prevent activating by accident when missing tapping on a tool. It doesn't happen too often but I found myself surprised the floating D Pad would activate anywhere.

As well, I have found it tricky to tap chat without accidentally activating the floating D Pad. Perhaps in the control options players could choose to relocate it to the right side, near to the tool bar.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:06 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I can not figure out how to follow people in the social tab. No options come up when you tap on players that you see in a world.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:09 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I'm really liking the art style and the setting. This game came out of nowhere for me and I'd recommend it to anyone.

As for controls: I find myself jumping a little too much when I really just want to walk. That's probably my own fault though as I'm using the fixed joystick and just need to learn to move slightly downward instead of vaguely left/right. Apart from that it's great.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:41 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfrozen View Post
I can not figure out how to follow people in the social tab. No options come up when you tap on players that you see in a world.
Open the social panel and star their name in the "nearby" section.

We'll add the ability to tap characters to socialize/give/etc. soon!
Old 12-15-2012, 05:46 PM
iPad mini

Great game(played on moms iPad) gonna stop till I get iPad mini for Christmas. What all does premium unlock do??? I'm a little confused about it. Do I buy that or should I buy crowns?
Old 12-15-2012, 07:10 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer4325 View Post
Great game(played on moms iPad) gonna stop till I get iPad mini for Christmas. What all does premium unlock do??? I'm a little confused about it. Do I buy that or should I buy crowns?
Premium unlocks a few things:
- Lots of premium worlds (including different biomes - hell & arctic)
- Upgrade skills past level 3
- Premium loot

You also get 100 crowns with a premium upgrade, which is enough for a few protectors.

Crowns are useful if you are really into building and want a large protected area or private world, or if you want to get powerful items without spending as much time in-game looking for them / upgrading and crafting them.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:45 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

You should probably get premium first, without it you can't even mine to the bottom of the world (needs mining 4).
Old 12-16-2012, 07:06 AM
iPad mini

Alright thanks! I will buy premium.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:42 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Is anyone else unable to log in? I upgraded to premium immediately, but all I get is "A networking error occured :-(" even when other games are able to connect just fine.

Anyone else?