★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-18-2012, 09:12 AM
Joined: May 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1lljoy_89 View Post
Just played mc4 on an iPhone 5... I swear to god I didn't even have to try, and went 14-1. Than 24-0 the next match. (and than 8-7 but whatever)
What a difference.

Everything negative I had to say about the game just went out the window. When playing on a good device it's amazing.

.... and easy.
iPhone 5 and iPad 4 users got no skills, just a good device. COME AT ME!! Nah of course they got skills too, but it's really annoying how big of an advantage they have. Like I wouldn't even have to try against iPod users if I had an iPad 4 or iPhone 5 :/
12-18-2012, 09:12 AM
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Appstore
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1lljoy_89 View Post
Just played mc4 on an iPhone 5... I swear to god I didn't even have to try, and went 14-1. Than 24-0 the next match. (and than 8-7 but whatever)
What a difference.

Everything negative I had to say about the game just went out the window. When playing on a good device it's amazing.

.... and easy.
True true! I'm one of those lucky chaps who have an iPhone 5 and I must admit it is quite easy if you're a little skilled. It runs like a charm on my phone, so there's no reason for me to complain.

12-18-2012, 09:14 AM
Joined: May 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingForGames View Post
True true! I'm one of those lucky chaps who have an iPhone 5 and I must admit it is quite easy if you're a little skilled. It runs like a charm on my phone, so there's no reason for me to complain.
Only skills you need to dominate with an iPhone 5 are knowing how controls work and knowing a little bit of strategy. Of course I haven't tried so what do I know, but the videos running it are silky smooth. Me jelly.
12-18-2012, 09:17 AM
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Look out your window.
Posts: 5,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Only skills you need to dominate with an iPhone 5 are knowing how controls work and knowing a little bit of strategy. Of course I haven't tried so what do I know, but the videos running it are silky smooth. Me jelly.
You have no idea. It even felt weird with the wide screen and different controls, but it was just hard to do bad.

No offense to the people with iPhones
12-18-2012, 09:18 AM
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1lljoy_89 View Post
Just played mc4 on an iPhone 5... I swear to god I didn't even have to try, and went 14-1. Than 24-0 the next match. (and than 8-7 but whatever)
What a difference.

Everything negative I had to say about the game just went out the window. When playing on a good device it's amazing.

.... and easy.
This is where having a slightly dated device ticks you off.. I can't really call the iPad 3 dated, but the fact is, for the same amount I pay for an app, I'm getting a slightly worse off experience, as compared to someone with an iPhone 5
I'm not really complaining, because, after all, it isn't the developer's fault, but it's things like this that sort of hold you back from buying a device if you don't intend to buy it the day it's released (I got mine in September)
12-18-2012, 09:47 AM
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Even if you see a prestige guy in the lobby, still doesn't automatically mean your advantage is nullified. More than half the prestiged guys I've seen(often times above me) are VERY bad. They only got there through time and VIP. But they just suck. Already met more than just a few guys at around prestige 4-5 who had hard time battling against non-prestigers.
Okay, you could say that about any level of player at any game.

It is probably safer to assume if they have multi prestiged that they have plenty of experience of the game therefore your advantage of more experience than non prestige is actually nullified.

That doesn't take into account actual skill which is a bit more difficult to substantiate.
Multi prestige may have no skill and level 3 no prestige may have lots.

It is safe to assume that a multi prestige has an advantage over non prestige players.
Whether they are skilled enough to use that advantage is a different story.
12-18-2012, 09:52 AM
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 981
Send a message via Skype™ to 2133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip73 View Post
Okay, you could say that about any level of player at any game.

It is probably safer to assume if they have multi prestiged that they have plenty of experience of the game therefore your advantage of more experience than non prestige is actually nullified.

That doesn't take into account actual skill which is a bit more difficult to substantiate.
Multi prestige may have no skill and level 3 no prestige may have lots.

It is safe to assume that a multi prestige has an advantage over non prestige players.
Whether they are skilled enough to use that advantage is a different story.
Agreed. I sucked until lv. 40. Then I met lolavi, my skills rose up. Thanks bro.

It looks like I am one of the guys that have an advantage.
12-18-2012, 09:57 AM
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1lljoy_89 View Post
You have no idea. It even felt weird with the wide screen and different controls, but it was just hard to do bad.

No offense to the people with iPhones
Having a hardware advantage doesn't equal skill.
The hardware certainly helps but the fact is if you're good, you're good.
A few players on here with touch 4 prove that.
If you're bad, it doesn't matter what device you have. A speedy device and knowing the controls on the iphone won't make you skilled and won't stop you getting killed a lot by skilled players.
And if you're skilled, the hardware will help more.
12-18-2012, 10:12 AM
Joined: May 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip73 View Post
Okay, you could say that about any level of player at any game.

It is probably safer to assume if they have multi prestiged that they have plenty of experience of the game therefore your advantage of more experience than non prestige is actually nullified.

That doesn't take into account actual skill which is a bit more difficult to substantiate.
Multi prestige may have no skill and level 3 no prestige may have lots.

It is safe to assume that a multi prestige has an advantage over non prestige players.
Whether they are skilled enough to use that advantage is a different story.
Yeah that's why I love this game. Anyone can be good at this game. but I guess you're right about that experience advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2133 View Post
Agreed. I sucked until lv. 40. Then I met lolavi, my skills rose up. Thanks bro.

It looks like I am one of the guys that have an advantage.
How exactly did I help you?

Man I really want to be one of you fast device users I'm not saying it's unfair to me since it's up to me to buy a new device, but it does get annoying when you sometimes don't even see them coming and the screen is red...

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
12-18-2012, 10:13 AM
Joined: May 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip73 View Post
Having a hardware advantage doesn't equal skill.
The hardware certainly helps but the fact is if you're good, you're good.
A few players on here with touch 4 prove that.
If you're bad, it doesn't matter what device you have. A speedy device and knowing the controls on the iphone won't make you skilled and won't stop you getting killed a lot by skilled players.
And if you're skilled, the hardware will help more.
But a hardware can make it easier to become skilled... But I'm no expert in this since I've been rocking the ancient Touch 4 for my entire MC "career". I did try on iPad and I was blown away by how smooth MC3 ran

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3