★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ***This game is NOT compatible with iPod Touch 2nd Generation***

Supported Devices:
iPhone 3GS; iPhone 4; iPhone 4S; iPhone 5

iPod touch 3rd generation; iPod touch 4th generation; iPod touch 5th generation; iPad; iPad2;iPad3

Requires: OS 4.3 and above

Down your Bat Milk, clean off your Cardboard Tube and charge into battle astride your Magical Unicorn Starsong; for evil is a foot with 6 toes

Introducing Penny Arcade The Game: Gamers vs. Evil for iOS from Playdek and Cryptozoic Entertainment! This digital deck-building card game featuring classic Penny Arcade characters from the popular web comic, lets the player engage as Gabe, Tycho, or one of their dauntless allies in an epic battle against Evil! Your path is beset by foes like Dark Tycho, the infamous and infectious cauldron of disease PAX Pox and other Evils that stand in your way of becoming the Master Gamer! With 3 modes of play to choose from; play online with full asynchronous support, play locally against other would be masters, or AI opponents, the descent into madness that is Penny Arcade The Game: Gamers vs. Evil brings rabid rapture to the iOS.
HIGHLIGHTS
Offline and Online play
Online Rematch option There is no grace in defeat!
Next Game button to allow you to move between multiple Online games when its your turn to play
Human and AI opponents
Game Center achievements
Universal App play on all your compatible iOS devices
FEATURES
2-4 players
Single player vs AI
Pass-and-play Multiplayer
Full asynchronous support for multiplayer online games
Invite Game Center friends to online games
Maintain multiple Saved games
Online game timers
Online player stats
Card Gallery- See Faerie Candymancer in all of her splendor!
Introductory Tutorial-To Penny Arcade, not Shucking
Rule Book

Also by Playdek
Food Fight iOS; Fluxx; Cant Stop; Summoner Wars; Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer; Nightfall
Find us on Facebook and Twitter

aceyprime's comments:

Just happened to do a search on this and noticed a link to the app!

12-18-2012, 02:21 PM
Saw the title, and immediately hoped for episode 4 of The Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness... but oh well, I'll welcome a new PlayDeck card game any day!

btw: BoardGameGeek page for the physical version. I'm hearing that it's a cross between Ascension and Dominion.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind

Last edited by strivemind; 12-18-2012 at 02:25 PM.

12-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Can someone edit the thread title to state that it's Universal? Thanks!
12-18-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm not familiar with this card game, but the fact that it has asynchronous multiplayer has me interested. That it's a penny arcade game definitely increases that interst.

I'll have to check those videos out later.
12-18-2012, 02:53 PM
Instabuy just on Playdek's rep alone for me

Currently playing: Terraria, Warhammer Quest, Junk Jack X, Starbase Orion, XCom
GameCenter ID: DHGamer
12-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard_Mike View Post
I'm not familiar with this card game, but the fact that it has asynchronous multiplayer has me interested.
Add to that fact that Playdek has async play down very well. You might want to check out Ascension while it's still free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
12-18-2012, 03:13 PM
I can't resist a new Playdek release. I haven't played the physical game, but the artwork looks like a lot of fun.
12-18-2012, 03:17 PM
After Ascension, Nightfall and Summoner Wars, I'm pretty much at the point where I will buy most Playdek products (minus Fluxx) with no questions asked. And might do so with Gamers vs. Evil as well (even though reviews of the physical product indicate the game relies far more on luck than many deck building games, and might not be suited to fans of deep strategy).

But Playdek, I do wish that you would update your otherwise excellent async engine to have push notifications bring us directly into matches, a feature that is a staple of the async genre for a good reason Once we have a few games going in any Playdek app (or even several games in each of Ascension, Nightfall and Summoner Wars), constantly going into the Game List to choose the active game gets tiresome.

Former editor in chief of teknikapan.se (due for an eventual relaunch)
Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona

Last edited by Ayjona; 12-18-2012 at 03:19 PM.
12-18-2012, 03:31 PM
Somewhere, Fluxx sheds a silent tear. Played that one a lot more than Nightfall so far!

But I'll definitely be buying this too.
12-18-2012, 03:42 PM
I have the physical version of PA: GvE, and it's a fun game that doesn't take itself too seriously. It isn't wholly original - it's a mash-up of pretty much any other popular deck builder you've played - but it's worth checking out if you're burned out on the medieval/high-fantasy themes in pretty much every other deck builder.

It's not as deep as Dominion or Thunderstone strategically (probably on par with Ascension), but I wouldn't say it's any more or less luck based than any other deck builder. In fact, I'd say it's less luck based than Ascension, if just for the fact that you're not at the mercy of lady luck of getting what you need in the center row (like Dominion/Thunderstone, all of the cards you can add to your deck are available on the board to buy/kill at all times).

I'm looking forward to trying this out - it's a fun card game and having it digitally will cut out a lot of the set-up time.

Note that if it has all of the cards from the retail release, there's some PG-13 humor in there, so be aware if you have younger kids that use your iPad on occasion (like I do).

XBLive, PSN, and GC ID: WakeOfPoseidon