App description: "It's a smartly and elegantly designed game that's not afraid to permakill you" --IndieGames.com

"The distilled essence of every 8-bit action role-playing game ever. Love it." --Kotaku

"Bit Dungeon brings together The Legend of Zeldas top-down dungeon stomping, Diablos loot lust, and the unforgiving difficulty of roguelikes within a slick retro-style quest." --Mac|Life

"Its great fun, made even more entertaining by the retro visuals that bring to mind classics like The Legend of Zelda on NES." --Game Trailers

16-bit Graphics
8-bit music from STRESS_TN

*Known Issue*
*Warning*, it is best to re-install the game when applying this update. There is a known save issue on some devices if you update with out re-installing.

*Instructions*
You and your wife were captured by demons...
You wake up trapped in a cell, grab your sword and let the quest to find your wife begin!

The "Save Rune" feature is only there to stop playing and pick it up later.
If you die you lose all items and start over.

Extra Life: at Level 4 you receive a Soul after the boss instead of more magic. When you die this soul gives you a second chance.

Touch to control the character.

Hold down Touch to charge up and use a STUN ATTACK.

Once CHARGED your next attack will be a POWER ATTACK dealing the total [Attack Damage+Critical Damage+Armor]

Hold Down Touch to BLOCK any attack.


*Stats*
LifeRegen Regens life slowly over time.
LifeSteal Steals life and heals you per hit.
DeathStrike Chance to instant kill normal enemies.
Chop Chance to take off 25% of total life in one hit.
Cleave Chance to do "Double" attack Damage.
Proc Chance to shoot a magic bolt on hit.
Crit Chance to do a Critical hit (Critical Damage3).
Defend Chance to block all enemy Damage on hit.
RunSpeed the movement speed of your character.

Attack Damage Normal hit Damage.
Critical Damage Critical hit Damage.
Armor Reduces Damage by a percent.
Life Increases max life.

facebook.com/KintoGames

strivemind's comments:




Free Flash version available.
12-18-2012, 01:51 PM
#71
Any info you can give me to help reproduce this or fix this would be awesome, I would love to removed this and update the game quick.
12-18-2012, 01:57 PM
#72
Game is way too easy

Maybe the difficulty increases considerably at some point but I'm on level 12 and I haven't come close to dying.

You don't have to auto-attack. As fast as you tap the mob, you'll hit it. So there's no point in picking a "fast" weapon like a dagger or sword over a slow weapon like a hammer. The only number you'll care about is the damage it does.

I have a purple level hammer that does 50 dmg and has life steal. My health never drops below 75%, and I burn through bosses and mobs. I quit playing because all I'm doing is tapping on the screen as fast as possible. That's not fun to me.

12-18-2012, 02:43 PM
#73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbuddha View Post
Maybe the difficulty increases considerably at some point but I'm on level 12 and I haven't come close to dying.

You don't have to auto-attack. As fast as you tap the mob, you'll hit it. So there's no point in picking a "fast" weapon like a dagger or sword over a slow weapon like a hammer. The only number you'll care about is the damage it does.

I have a purple level hammer that does 50 dmg and has life steal. My health never drops below 75%, and I burn through bosses and mobs. I quit playing because all I'm doing is tapping on the screen as fast as possible. That's not fun to me.
Agree. it's still fun for me but I fear it won't be for long. Definitely need some type of difficulty ramps or level progression system. If you felt like you were getting somewhere it might be more fun. Is there an end to this game? Of course leader boards etc., which are said to be in the works will also Help.

A similar glitch happened today. I have a set of blue armor and randomly my blue helmet would turn into a grey one. I did not tap on a chests. Sometimes my armor would just disappear.
12-18-2012, 02:46 PM
#74
Quote:
Originally Posted by KintoGames View Post
Any info you can give me to help reproduce this or fix this would be awesome, I would love to removed this and update the game quick.
The vanishing item only happened once to me so far, where the equipped weapon slot suddenly became empty. This MIGHT have occurred during a chest item swap. All I know for certain is that the item I lost was a green "Zombie" prefixed weapon and it was replaced by nothing at all. I hope that is of some use, as I can't think of anything else to help identify the exact circumstances when it happened. It was on level 15, possibly not relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJesusFish View Post
I like plenty of bad games, but I don't go around telling people they are good.
Arcadelife

GC - JohnT321
12-18-2012, 02:54 PM
#75
Quote:
Originally Posted by grits View Post
A similar glitch happened today. I have a set of blue armor and randomly my blue helmet would turn into a grey one. I did not tap on a chests. Sometimes my armor would just disappear.
What you need to be aware of, is that chests can appear when you break those scenery items in the room, like boxes, vases, lumps of ice. They seem to have a random chance to drop potions or turn into chests.

Now, if you break them while monsters are still alive, you're fairly safe because the chest will appear greyed out until you kill everything in the room.

However - if you start running around the room tagging those scenery items after everything is dead, (even accidentally) they can turn into a chest and you can insta-loot that chest without noticing that it happened. This has occurred a few times for me and now I deliberately run around the room smashing all the scenery items before I kill the monsters.

As for the easy feel of the game, yes it could do with a couple of additional difficulty settings but I believe that is something the dev is already considering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJesusFish View Post
I like plenty of bad games, but I don't go around telling people they are good.
Arcadelife

GC - JohnT321
12-18-2012, 03:17 PM
#76
For me the lost item thing happened shortly after another glitch - a treasure chest seemed to get moved to off of the screen. In the border, with no way to get to it. I think maybe I left the room and then came back and then noticed my weapon was gone, but I'm not really that sure of the details. The treasure chest was definitely in the game border, though.

Also, I agree that this game is far too easy. Without a big difficulty bump, this is going to feel mostly like busy work. The only time there was a challenge was in fact when I lost my weapon, which was right before a boss fight, but I won that anyway.
12-18-2012, 05:35 PM
#77
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
For me the lost item thing happened shortly after another glitch - a treasure chest seemed to get moved to off of the screen. In the border, with no way to get to it. I think maybe I left the room and then came back and then noticed my weapon was gone, but I'm not really that sure of the details. The treasure chest was definitely in the game border, though.

Also, I agree that this game is far too easy. Without a big difficulty bump, this is going to feel mostly like busy work. The only time there was a challenge was in fact when I lost my weapon, which was right before a boss fight, but I won that anyway.
Ditto

One more bug To report. Three different times I have come back from a previous saved and noticed that my health is down to about 1/6 of the full amount even though I saved with full health. I believe this happens if you save in the first room or in the same room not sure.
Another idea I have for expanding the game would be to add rare bosses. Maybe if you found specific items they could take you to the boss when you think you're ready to face it. Then it would drop rare. One time I touched on the soul in my inventory and it took me to a ghost world with an impossibly hard boss. Is this normal? Anyway that's what it gave me the idea.

By the way I'm on level 20. How far have guys gotten?
12-18-2012, 09:51 PM
#78
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by KintoGames View Post
Which IPAD do you have!? I want to fix all bugs. Which souls do you mean, I haven't had picking up issue like this? If you have skype, I could maybe help you? =)
So I've attached a few screenshots. When I say "souls" I'm referring to the little black circles that randomly drop and are used as currency at hidden vendors. I thought I remember someone referring to them as that. In the screenshots you'll see that I can see them drop, I even hear a "ding" sound like I've collected them but the total (top left) never reflects anything but "0".

The second bug that's getting me is the save icon bug. Every time (after a hard restart, re-install, and sync install) when I touch the save icon in the first room of the "next" floor it gets big then boom, frozen. I know the saves don't persist through death, but I play in short stints so just by me exiting the game I always start over. I'm perpetually stuck in the first 5 floors, heh.

I've got an ipad2, running 6.0.1, 64GB with about 300MB of free space in it.
Attached Images
File Type: png 001.png (124.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: png 002.png (124.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: png 003.png (100.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: png 004.png (100.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (156.0 KB, 6 views)
12-19-2012, 02:59 AM
#79
Great little game....how do you use magic though?

It's like berserk meets zelda but in a good way lol

Gamecenter I.D - defard
Xbox One - defard2001
PS4 - defard
Feel free to add me peeps!
12-19-2012, 03:11 AM
#80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defard View Post
Great little game....how do you use magic though?

It's like berserk meets zelda but in a good way lol
tap and hold till the magic is cast. while you hold down, you block.

Here is a table I made which shows which magics you get when mixing different magics.

*If you mix Poison, Explode or Gem with anything, you will get Chaos.
**Chaos + magic = same magic

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 AM.