Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-18-2012, 04:08 PM

Wait, this game was designed by Cryptozoic? Noooooo! Their Food Fight game was absolute trash. Playdek couldn't even save it.

I don't mind a lighter card game now and then, I really like Fluxx (and don't understand why so many people hate it), but I'm suddenly apprehensive about this...
Old 12-18-2012, 05:01 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by runliketurtles View Post
Wait, this game was designed by Cryptozoic? Noooooo! Their Food Fight game was absolute trash. Playdek couldn't even save it.

I don't mind a lighter card game now and then, I really like Fluxx (and don't understand why so many people hate it), but I'm suddenly apprehensive about this...
I thought Food Fight was awesome, FWIW.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:05 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

No iPhone 5 optimization.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:18 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiyukialex View Post
No iPhone 5 optimization.
I would be very surprised considering Playdek released Fluxx last week with iPhone 5 widescreen support. Does it state that specifically?
Old 12-18-2012, 05:33 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoelectric View Post
Somewhere, Fluxx sheds a silent tear. Played that one a lot more than Nightfall so far!
If it is any consolation to old Fluxxie, I have had some fun with the physical product It is perfect for a few chaotic matches in merry company, with no expectations of a strategic challenge, or anything beyond hijinks and anarchy (and preferably combined with reality-enhancing substances).

And that's why I shy away from the iOS version. When I game online, without the presence of good pals and the social interaction for which Fluxx is really just a clever excuse , I look for depth and variety of strategy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeOfPoseidon View Post
but I wouldn't say it's any more or less luck based than any other deck builder.
Most reviews and sentiments I have come across seem to indicate the opposite. Perhaps more importantly, the influence of luck notwithstanding, most seem to agree on that Gamers vs. Evil does not cater to fans of deep strategy, offering little in the ways of extensive tactics and skill-based gameplay.

Well, I suppose there is no way to find out than to give Playdek another 5 dollars It is well deserved, regardless of the qualities of this particular game.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:42 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Downloading...

I love it that Playdek keeps their file sizes small. Here is to hoping that it is as fun as Ascension.

Ascension going free was really sneaky. From all the fun I had with it, I bought all their games and expansions...

Last edited by iPadisGreat; 12-18-2012 at 07:45 PM..
Old 12-18-2012, 08:00 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

I've never played this game nor heard of it for that matter, but plan on getting it because its a Playdek game and I know it'll be good (plus asynchronous). How does it play? Is it similar to Ascension? Is there a lot of cards to choose from?
Old 12-18-2012, 08:06 PM
iPhone 5

Woah, first of all, still getting warmed up with Fluxx and now this?
tsk tsk tsk.... with that said... TAKE MY MONEY!
this looks pretty interesting indeed and I do highly appreciate the deck building style nature of the games that PlayDeck partnered with so far, coming from CCG background.

Once it hits the store, play me some games would ya all?
Old 12-18-2012, 08:10 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I noticed that these guys made an expansion as well for the physical version. It's called Rumble in R'lyeh. I would love for them to get that on here as IAP as well soon! This looks like a blast! I am still waiting for Playdek's release of Smash Up. Hopefully by the end of the year?
Old 12-18-2012, 08:13 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkeat View Post
Woah, first of all, still getting warmed up with Fluxx and now this?
tsk tsk tsk.... with that said... TAKE MY MONEY!
this looks pretty interesting indeed and I do highly appreciate the deck building style nature of the games that PlayDeck partnered with so far, coming from CCG background.

Once it hits the store, play me some games would ya all?
I will play you when it hits! I need someone to play when this shows up tonight! My Game Center name is Vaelsh. Tonight is just getting better and better!