Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2012, 04:42 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

I have the physical version of PA: GvE, and it's a fun game that doesn't take itself too seriously. It isn't wholly original - it's a mash-up of pretty much any other popular deck builder you've played - but it's worth checking out if you're burned out on the medieval/high-fantasy themes in pretty much every other deck builder.

It's not as deep as Dominion or Thunderstone strategically (probably on par with Ascension), but I wouldn't say it's any more or less luck based than any other deck builder. In fact, I'd say it's less luck based than Ascension, if just for the fact that you're not at the mercy of lady luck of getting what you need in the center row (like Dominion/Thunderstone, all of the cards you can add to your deck are available on the board to buy/kill at all times).

I'm looking forward to trying this out - it's a fun card game and having it digitally will cut out a lot of the set-up time.

Note that if it has all of the cards from the retail release, there's some PG-13 humor in there, so be aware if you have younger kids that use your iPad on occasion (like I do).