Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Man, I suck at this game, but I'm still kinda enjoying it. I always seem to run out of time before reaching the Meuse. Is it me or is there really only one effective route to take? Anything along the bottom half of the screen seems like too long a trek, it seems like you need to aim for the top area where the river is closest.
I am not very good at the game either, but here are my $.02 of notes to play German:

1. German always moves first and last in the day mostly. This is a very big advantage.

2. Panzer division is the fastest moving unit: it can move 2 spaces along friendly-occupied paths and can breakthrough for another additional space after expelling/eliminate enemy in an area. They should act as your spearhead.

3. According to the "indirect path" principle, the path without enemy is always the shortest.

4. So mass your panzer divisions at where the enemy is the weakest and/or does not exists.

5. There are enough panzer strength to open at least 2 routes to reach Meuse.

6. Make sure your units are not cut off from the supply -- out-of-supply units (red area) are worse than those out-of-fuel (something you do not have to worry about in RttM)

7. Bastogne is nice to have but not a must have. Just make sure that the enemy there does not jump out and harass your supply routes

8. It is okay to be "gamey". The US reinforcements always appear on the same area and their movements are more or less predictable. Plan your moves carefully so that the panzer units can gain maximum speed and there are always follow-up troops to hold the supply line clear.