Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iOS Apps

Old 12-16-2012, 06:42 AM
iPad Air

Bought iMPC, Samplr, Orphion and Gestrument last night.

iMPC doesn't have any way of editing samples already in your sample library. No slicing or anything. So at this point it's kinda what iMaschine should have been long ago with audio copy/paste and so on. For the money you get quite a big good sounding sample set, so if you want another drummachine/sample trigger its all good. Anything more and you should wait for some updates. One more thing is that it unlocks a copy of the same device inside Tabletop, so if you got Tabletop (basic package is free) it opens up a few more possibilities, but it's like having duplicates of the same iMPC app taking up another 500mb or so (tabletop went from 300 to 800mb in the latest update), so I hope they find another way to bring apps together in with tabletop.

Samplr is just awesome. So many ways to manipulate samples, making any sample into playable piano keys with pitch and all is just one of the things. Sure you've seen all the videos of it now tho so you know it's one of those must haves. FUN stuff.

Gestrument I need to try out more but it seems like a wicked midi controller, like a combination between generative music making and more controlled stuff with extensive settings for how you want to play your scales and a lot more. Or you can use it as a sampler/rompler with the internal sound font support or the (good) sounds it comes with. Oh and it's already Audiobus ready.

Orphion again need more time with it. Can be a really expressive controller or instrument with how the pads react to different inputs. IE they're velocity sensitive, the more space of your finger that hits the pad the higher the velocity. As opposed to Apples GarageBand that uses the accelerometer to determine vel, which never works that well anyway. This one also Audiobus ready.

Last edited by chris1a; 12-16-2012 at 06:56 AM..
Old 12-17-2012, 06:59 AM

and now comes Cubasis !

- will be interested to see some reviews, because its an impressive price at least
Old 12-17-2012, 07:33 AM
iPad Air

Definitely looks like Auria got some competition. Cubase is my main DAW on the PC and Auria on the iPad so gonna have to check it out later on after some reviews etc. If they keep adding effects (3rd party like Auria) and instruments IAP ala Auria and fully support iOS "standards" like Audiobus, ACP etc it's gonna be hard to beat I'm guessing.

Last edited by chris1a; 12-17-2012 at 07:36 AM..
Old 12-17-2012, 09:30 AM
iPad Air

Btw, all Amidio apps are free at the moment. Just search "Amidio" if you want some ukuleles or dope Enya sounds in your sound arsenal...
Old 12-18-2012, 05:52 AM
iPad Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1a View Post
Definitely looks like Auria got some competition. Cubase is my main DAW on the PC and Auria on the iPad so gonna have to check it out later on after some reviews etc. If they keep adding effects (3rd party like Auria) and instruments IAP ala Auria and fully support iOS "standards" like Audiobus, ACP etc it's gonna be hard to beat I'm guessing.
Strike all that. Apparently all the effects are really basic (IE EQ is just a treble and bas slider). It looks more like a higher priced FL Studio/Music Studio alternative then something coming anywhere near Auria.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:25 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

(Reported on iOS Musician

NanoStudio Eden patches and TRG banks for free here.

Also nano, "Nanoloop" has dropped in price to just one buck for the first time in over two and a half years (from $2.99).
Old 12-19-2012, 10:20 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Oh wow. Korg have delivered big time!

Background audio, virtual MIDI and Audiobus support added to iMS-20, iPolysix and iElectribe!!

iMS-20 and iElectribe have also been retina-ed.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:15 AM
iPad Air

Dnt forget ikaossilator. That one also got widescreen treatment. The Gorillaz got Audiobus too, but that app is useless..

I'd like to see Sampletank next, but IK Multimedia aren't known to work fast on these kinds of things. They probably don't have the skillz to implement it anyways, even tho it's a 40 minute job.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:51 PM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

Sorry. NOT the US version.

TNR-i
by Yamaha Corporation

TENORI-ON simulator with Game Center ;-) All time best price 8.99 Euro (was 17.99) for the first time and until end of the year. Link to Austrian App Store:

https://itunes.apple.com/at/app/tnr-i/id406297563?mt=8
Old 12-21-2012, 11:10 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Not sure how useful this is, but it's free!