• Publisher: Wulven Game Studios
  • Genre: Dice
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 97.4 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $3.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: A finalist in the prestigious game design contest of Boulogne-Billancourt (France) and in the Canadian Board Game Design Contest of 2010, and nominated for a Golden Geek award on BoardGameGeek!

The hit board game is now available on iPad!

In D-Day Dice, players are Allied soldiers trying to organize improvised units for an attack against a machine gun nest. Each player starts the game with a unit of a few soldiers and nothing else. As the game progresses, he will roll dice to collect resources and advance on the beach, sector by sector, as his unit grows stronger and deadlier. He will succeed... or die trying!

D-Day Dice will get you right there on the beach. You will experience the fear of getting killed by enemy fire, the anguish of losing your men, and the thrill of surmounting seemingly impossible odds to accomplish your mission. This game can be played by anyone (you dont have to be familiar with World War II) and has been enjoyed by families and wargamers alike.

sizzlakalonji's comments:

The tutorial is useless, but I found this video on BGG, and it made perfect sense afterwards:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/2...xample-of-play
12-19-2012, 06:19 AM
Was going to check this out but it appears to be pulled.

Currently playing: Terraria, Warhammer Quest, Junk Jack X, Starbase Orion, XCom
GameCenter ID: DHGamer
12-19-2012, 07:45 AM
What the?

I am going to stop buying games at launch...

So has D-Day Dice been abandoned?

12-19-2012, 08:29 AM
Found this post from Kyle over at BGG:
Quote:
Sorry guys, let me apologize for this unintended release! Apple approved it in one of the fastest review times I've ever seen, just a few days. Unfortunately it was not supposed to go live yet, as the client did not have a chance to approve it. So it was removed from the store just a few hours after it appeared.

Thanks for your feedback though, we'll be sure to fix up the mentioned issues before the official release. If you're unhappy, please request a refund by clicking on the link in your iTunes receipt.

Currently playing: Terraria, Warhammer Quest, Junk Jack X, Starbase Orion, XCom
GameCenter ID: DHGamer
12-19-2012, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
What the?

I am going to stop buying games at launch...

So has D-Day Dice been abandoned?
Nah, just not ready for release YET. Surely it will be back by early Spring of next year.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
12-19-2012, 08:46 AM
I had given feedback at that BGG link you mentioned. Thanks and I hope to see a more polished D-Day Dice.
12-19-2012, 09:23 AM
Yes, there are some bugs, but it's certainly playable. I'm glad I got it when I had the chance.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
12-19-2012, 11:13 AM
Is it just solo and was there any stat tracking in that initial release?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews