Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-19-2012, 04:17 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Uhm? The sequel to Lords of Midnight 2: "Doomdark's Revenge" was released in 1985 and was published in 1995 by Domark as DOS version.
Think he meant the 3rd version which never came out on the 8 bits. I'll have to check some back issues of Retro Gamer as i'm sure Mike was interviewed. This months issue (December) theres a piece about Mike as hes passed away and a nice huge Lords of Midnight graphic on the back cover in memory.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:29 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Yeah, I've heard of Doomdark's Revenge but I was thinking of Eye of the Moon.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:57 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Just had a read of the introductory PDF. Even though I didn't know the guy it makes me sad knowing he didn't live to see his game brought back as majestically as he might have planned. I'm glad the game was finished though, it seems more than worthy to be a fitting tribute.

Check it out people: http://www.thelordsofmidnight.com/do...ight_guide.pdf

If the developer stumbles upon this thread: Did Mike ever give any insight to what he wanted from a sequel? Even with the odds of it happening reduced to zero I'm intrigued.
Yes, and upon his death his family handed me all his notes. I have the first two chapters of the Eye of the Moon story, and about 20 pages of design thoughts. Plus our email/IM correspondence. As soon as I have sorted out the Android release, I will take little time to post everything on the blog.

And thanks for the support!
Old 12-19-2012, 06:06 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

It's been a long time since this has been announced. I never played the classic one, so could anyone sum up how the gameplay is (what do you actually do in this game)?

- it's a shame that its not pixel graphics, I liked those way more
If its not there yet, I suggest that you add an option where we can enable pixel graphics (like in Another world)

Last edited by Primoz; 12-19-2012 at 08:47 AM..
Old 12-19-2012, 09:10 AM

Can someone post some gameplay footage? Hopefully we will see a TA plays.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:30 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Anyone here heard of the Moonlight Project? It began as either a PC or cross-platform remake of the Lords of Midnight, mostly focusing on improving the user interface...adding built in maps, etc. It morphed into a sort of modernization of the series (including doomdark). It became a game engine in ehich you could create a new game or plug in this one, etc.

I don't think it was ever finished. If someone wants to scour the web, the site might still be up. It was started by one of the original creators.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:55 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Anyone here heard of the Moonlight Project? It began as either a PC or cross-platform remake of the Lords of Midnight, mostly focusing on improving the user interface...adding built in maps, etc. It morphed into a sort of modernization of the series (including doomdark). It became a game engine in ehich you could create a new game or plug in this one, etc.

I don't think it was ever finished. If someone wants to scour the web, the site might still be up. It was started by one of the original creators.
It was the midnight engine www,icemark.com
and it's the core of this release...
Old 12-19-2012, 11:05 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Instabuy! (Even though I won't have time to dig into it for at least a couple of days... )

Like Midian said, they struck a great balance between modern graphics and preserving the look of the old game (which already did a great job working around the 2-color-per-block limitation of the original hardware.)

The game itself hold up well because of it's balance of adventure and wargame elements. I always liked the characterizations of the Lords as well.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:22 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

How replayable is this?
Old 12-19-2012, 12:27 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemark View Post
It was the midnight engine www,icemark.com
and it's the core of this release...
Oh...hey Icemark! This is awkward...I didn't see you in this thread when I posted that comment. Then I saw your handle amd immediately remebered icemark.com.

Congratulations on seeing that prokect through! It must have been at LEAST a decade ago I stumbled upon the project, probably longer, and, for as long as I had the bookmark in my webrowser, I would check on it from time to time. I thought it might be one of those projects forever in beta/late alpha status. I even remember signing up for your yahoo group dedicated to the project.

Well, guess I'll pick this up then .