★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How do I get Touch Arcade to review my game?

12-19-2012, 04:55 PM
#1
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Isle of Man, UK
Posts: 26
How do I get Touch Arcade to review my game?

Hi my name's James Allen, I'm 15-years-old and I've recently released my debut iPhone game on the App Store. (iTunes link:http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/save-gloop!/id575122594?ls=1&mt=8, Youtube trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XReXDmcc8c)

My question is simply, how do I get Touch Arcade to review my game? I know that game isn't terrible, because it has an average of 4.5 stars on the UK App Store, and another review site, TheiPhoneAppReview.com, reviewed Save Gloop! and gave it 4.5 stars and a fantastic review... some things they said include, "It’s fairly rare for me to come across a game that I can’t think of a few others like it" and "incredibly fun to play".

I've emailed their review people, but got no response... is there anything more I can do? Thanks for any help

Last edited by jamesallen; 12-19-2012 at 04:58 PM.
12-19-2012, 04:57 PM
#2
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Area 51
Posts: 2,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesallen View Post
Hi my name's James Allen, I'm 15-years-old and I've recently released my debut iPhone game on the App Store. (iTunes link:http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/save-gloop!/id575122594?ls=1&mt=8, Youtube trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XReXDmcc8c)

My question is simply, how do I get Touch Arcade to review my game? I know that game isn't terrible, because it has an average of 4.5 stars on the UK App Store, and another review site, TheiPhoneAppReview.com, reviewed Save Gloop! and gave it 4.5 stars and a fantastic review...

I've emailed their review people, but got no response... is there anything more I can do? Thanks for any help
Not sure but you could send a promo code to Eli.

12-19-2012, 04:59 PM
#3
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Isle of Man, UK
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyTheElite View Post
Not sure but you could send a promo code to Eli.
Who's Eli sorry? Cheers
12-19-2012, 05:01 PM
#4
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Area 51
Posts: 2,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesallen View Post
Who's Eli sorry? Cheers
He's the person who writes the articles
you could also try and get someone from TA here.
The stickied thread about the ta podcast in the iPod touch and iPhone games thread has his forum account with the only post there
Private message him a promo code.
However you are not guaranteeed a review.

Last edited by DannyTheElite; 12-19-2012 at 05:04 PM.
12-19-2012, 05:18 PM
#5
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,154
Use the submit tip option (top right) and send a promo code.
12-20-2012, 07:01 AM
#6
We have a few of the TA writers on appromoter.
01-13-2013, 11:59 AM
#7
I see that appromoter.com doesn't seem to be for Independent developers, as it requires Company information in the developer signup.
01-13-2013, 12:05 PM
#8
Stop dreaming.
We had a game ranked #1 Overall for weeks in the US (world wide actually) and we also paid thousands of dollars for advertisement on Toucharcade and they didn't even reply to our email.

I tell you my opinion about them in a PM if you want
I'd rather don't write it here, because I will be banned...

I don't even try to submit my apps to them since then.
I post them here in the forum and that's it.

There is a forum topic about this however... they say something about 8 bit retro games... that will get you reviewed... or if you are gameloft or so... everything else is waste of time.

Last edited by Therealtrebitsch; 01-13-2013 at 12:30 PM.
01-13-2013, 12:10 PM
#9
I think your opinion was pretty 'expressive'.
Thanks for the input.
01-13-2013, 01:44 PM
#10
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therealtrebitsch View Post
Stop dreaming.
We had a game ranked #1 Overall for weeks in the US (world wide actually) and we also paid thousands of dollars for advertisement on Toucharcade and they didn't even reply to our email.

I tell you my opinion about them in a PM if you want
I'd rather don't write it here, because I will be banned...

I don't even try to submit my apps to them since then.
I post them here in the forum and that's it.

There is a forum topic about this however... they say something about 8 bit retro games... that will get you reviewed... or if you are gameloft or so... everything else is waste of time.

What has advertising to do with a review?

Both things are completely different. Advertising is a service you pay for and get promoted on one of the largest iOS gaming sites, the other thing is the review. When they see a game or get notice of buzz of an app in the forum and the initial impression is good, then it's downloaded by them and played. If the game is enjoyable, they write a review. There are rarely reviews about bad games or games they don't really like. That's actually quite nice because they don't wastey time as their reader.

But, afaik, you can never ask, pay (bribe) or force them into writing a review.
I like the system. While a certain independence is ensured this way, you can normally trust them about the game's quailty. Again, only in four or five cases I was suspecting that they act biased. That's not much when you break it down to several hundreds of reviews.

Moreover, I don't wanna know how much promo codes and askings for a review are bombing down into Eli's mail account on a weekly or even daily base. According to the app release rate, must be serveral dozens of them.

If they would react to your poutish behaviour or some other pressure, they'd lose some respect of their readers. Not a good thing, if your life is based on this website. You're disappointed, that's all.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 01-13-2013 at 01:58 PM.