★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Mass "What Should I Get?" Thread (2012 - 2015)

View Poll Results: What device to get?
iPod Touch 2 15.38%
iPad 7 53.85%
iPad Mini 4 30.77%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll
12-19-2012, 06:49 PM
I give up!

I can see I'm going to get no decent answers on this thread, just rude and immature arguments that have nothing to do with what I'm trying to ask.

So have a nice day. I won't be posing on here anymore.

GC nicknames=BlueWater27 (Pocket Frogs, Tiny Tower), RedSky 58 (inactive)
BlueWater27 (PF): Froggydex 11%•Level 26•100% Anura-Velatus, Marmorea, Glacio, Templum•Working on Cunicula (10%)
12-19-2012, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWater27 View Post
I can see I'm going to get no decent answers on this thread, just rude and immature arguments that have nothing to do with what I'm trying to ask.

So have a nice day. I won't be posing on here anymore.
Freudian slip?

Anyway, he/she wasn't being rude, just pointing out the irony of your comments. It simply doesn't seem reasonable to spend a month playing a game you find boring, unless there's something wrong with you.

Final Fantasy Tactics -- all day, every day.

12-19-2012, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDad View Post
Freudian slip?

Anyway, he/she wasn't being rude, just pointing out the irony of your comments. It simply doesn't seem reasonable to spend a month playing a game you find boring, unless there's something wrong with you.
Yep true. It takes me either a hour or day at most to see if I like it or not.
12-19-2012, 07:22 PM
Oh my gosh, seriously? I'm reporting the next person who says something rude or insulting, or makes fun of a trivial spelling error. I post a simple question, and people are crawling all over me. just let it rest for goodness sakes. The four of you are acting like I committed a crime by saying I want to be sure games are good before I try them. there is nothing wrong with me, there's something wrong with all of you who are bullying me for asking a simple question.

GC nicknames=BlueWater27 (Pocket Frogs, Tiny Tower), RedSky 58 (inactive)
BlueWater27 (PF): Froggydex 11%•Level 26•100% Anura-Velatus, Marmorea, Glacio, Templum•Working on Cunicula (10%)
12-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWater27 View Post
Oh my gosh, seriously? I'm reporting the next person who says something rude or insulting, or makes fun of a trivial spelling error. I post a simple question, and people are crawling all over me. just let it rest for goodness sakes. The four of you are acting like I committed a crime by saying I want to be sure games are good before I try them. there is nothing wrong with me, there's something wrong with all of you who are bullying me for asking a simple question.
Ok before this goes out of hand here's the layout of the game: you get people on a plane more money if all one route you can upgrade your ship or build one using parts. Also upgrade able is airports which you can buy all over the world.

Now is this good for your type of game?
12-19-2012, 07:53 PM
What 5 games should I get on sale? Price and size aren't an issue. Thanks.
12-19-2012, 07:54 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibba View Post
What 5 games should I get on sale? Price and size aren't an issue. Thanks.
Bastion
Bastion
Bastion
Bastion
Bastion

EDIT: Get Rayman as well.

MADE THE FRONT PAGE ON TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin2898 View Post
True Words Spoken By The Great Crex.
12-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Bastion
Bastion
Bastion
Bastion
Bastion

EDIT: Get Rayman as well.
It looks good but I have an iPhone 4. I'm getting a 5 early next year so I may get it to hold onto, but I want to take advantage of some of these sales that are dropping.

I have Rayman and love it. It's one of the few iPhone games that I've actually finished.

Thanks!

GC ID: Jibba Junior.
12-19-2012, 10:14 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Absolutely insane day for iOS gaming. On top of a fantastic release night, I don't think I've ever seen so many sales before. Gotta love the holidays!

MADE THE FRONT PAGE ON TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin2898 View Post
True Words Spoken By The Great Crex.
12-20-2012, 05:15 AM
NFS:MW for a buck? I'd have to delete RR2, so its one or the other.