Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-19-2012, 06:52 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
There are dozens of games on the app store with this same mechanic that go completely ignored. Suddenly the hype machine kicks into overdrive because this one is "cute" and by a dev with a previous hit? People are weird.
I've never once eaten pudding guilt free! Prior to consumption it's sheer cuteness overwhelms me but in the end hunger always wins out!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:09 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Watching these videos, can't tell if getting those starts makes this game fun. Adds a little different flavor to it, will wait for some impressions since we can't get it here anyways.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:35 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricornman View Post
I've never once eaten pudding guilt free! Prior to consumption it's sheer cuteness overwhelms me but in the end hunger always wins out!
You're supposed to eat the pudding, not smoke it. :P

As far as aesthetics go, Skotos make solid interpretations of Reiner Knizia's card games, but those are ugly as sin (slightly less so after the recent graphical updates) and lacking in the audio department, and that contributes towards them being less appealing than Playdek's games, Magic 2013, Bang!, Lost Cities, or Ravenburger's work on San Juan.

Same rule applies to pretty much every genre: make a rough-edged puzzle game with a MIDI soundtrack and artwork that looks like you drew it in MS Paint with a $2 mouse, and you're going to lose out to a game with similar mechanics and significantly higher production values and charm, thanks in no small part to the fact that there's a very good chance that you're both going to be selling your game for the same amount of money.

That's without even addressing these alleged "dozens" of games with the same core mechanics; if nobody knows or talks about these games - and off-hand I can't name any that match - there's probably a good reason for that.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:43 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
You're supposed to eat the pudding, not smoke it. :P

As far as aesthetics go, Skotos make solid interpretations of Reiner Knizia's card games, but those are ugly as sin (slightly less so after the recent graphical updates) and lacking in the audio department, and that contributes towards them being less appealing than Playdek's games, Magic 2013, Bang!, Lost Cities, or Ravenburger's work on San Juan.

Same rule applies to pretty much every genre: make a rough-edged puzzle game with a MIDI soundtrack and artwork that looks like you drew it in MS Paint with a $2 mouse, and you're going to lose out to a game with similar mechanics and significantly higher production values and charm, thanks in no small part to the fact that there's a very good chance that you're both going to be selling your game for the same amount of money.

That's without even addressing these alleged "dozens" of games with the same core mechanics; if nobody knows or talks about these games - and off-hand I can't name any that match - there's probably a good reason for that.
Puddings Anonymous kept emphasing that while I attended group meetings
Old 12-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Default Game Impressions

Been playing this for 30 minutes and already beaten all levels on the first world with 3 stars each and more levels on the second world...

First thing I noticed is that achievements are funny, like make a donut and so on, then there is an amount of polish thats unrivaled, animations are outstanding and it actually feels like real pudding (or jelly). Sounds and everything.

Gameplay is what you see on Sanukus video, it has a sense of humor for example with the creatures you make, and its very interesting game based on a grid, where you have to safely land on the three stars at the same time with all the puddings on screen to get them, and that gets tricky and trickier each time, also there is no amount of moves to make it or similar here, which is a nice welcome. Game feels easy now, but new elements (both good and bad) are added to the mix very often keeping things interesting and fresh. Like new puddings and obstacles. Im sure it will spice up pretty soon. Level 24 has some good stuff on it. Played more and found some very interesting creatures. Building up nicely

IAP is there, you can buy something similar to the mechanic in Bad Piggies, there is an icon on the bottom right that looks like a mushroom and if you tap it leads you to the shop where you can buy something that can multiply your pudding monsters and clone them, looks interesting but no

So far ZeptoLab has both outstanding casual hits Cut the Rope and the lesser known gem Parachute Ninja, and have a great history with updates too. Pudding Monster is awesome
Old 12-19-2012, 10:17 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Could someone post the US link to download this? It's not working for me.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:23 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan82 View Post
If you're using your IOS device to check the app store you wont find it, it updates later after the app store on PC wont take long
Old 12-19-2012, 10:29 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan82 View Post
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pudding-monsters/id569185650?mt=8
Old 12-19-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shero89 View Post
If you're using your IOS device to check the app store you wont find it, it updates later after the app store on PC wont take long
No I'm using iTunes on my PC hopefully it will be in the app store in a few. Thank you.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:30 PM

It worked! Thank you so much!