Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-18-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Man, I suck at this game, but I'm still kinda enjoying it. I always seem to run out of time before reaching the Meuse. Is it me or is there really only one effective route to take? Anything along the bottom half of the screen seems like too long a trek, it seems like you need to aim for the top area where the river is closest.
I am not very good at the game either, but here are my $.02 of notes to play German:

1. German always moves first and last in the day mostly. This is a very big advantage.

2. Panzer division is the fastest moving unit: it can move 2 spaces along friendly-occupied paths and can breakthrough for another additional space after expelling/eliminate enemy in an area. They should act as your spearhead.

3. According to the "indirect path" principle, the path without enemy is always the shortest.

4. So mass your panzer divisions at where the enemy is the weakest and/or does not exists.

5. There are enough panzer strength to open at least 2 routes to reach Meuse.

6. Make sure your units are not cut off from the supply -- out-of-supply units (red area) are worse than those out-of-fuel (something you do not have to worry about in RttM)

7. Bastogne is nice to have but not a must have. Just make sure that the enemy there does not jump out and harass your supply routes

8. It is okay to be "gamey". The US reinforcements always appear on the same area and their movements are more or less predictable. Plan your moves carefully so that the panzer units can gain maximum speed and there are always follow-up troops to hold the supply line clear.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:42 PM

Anyone finds any use of Panzer-Brigade 150? I think it is in for historical accuracy only.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:23 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emos View Post
The easiest path to to hook to the NorthWest, that's the shortest distance to the Meuse. Aim for the territories of Huy, Ouffet or Herve. Play smart with your stacking and breakthroughs and keep a protected line, if the allies cut off your lead formation from behind as you reach the Meuse you won't get the win.
Thnx for the advice. This works great. it seems there are no other way to beat it.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:59 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

@pitta - Does your gamecenter name match? Wanna make sure I added the right person.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:16 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
@pitta - Does your gamecenter name match? Wanna make sure I added the right person.
Sorry for the late answer....yes you added the right one
Old 12-20-2012, 02:02 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Still not @german AppStore.
I wonder what is going there @apple.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:33 PM

EMOS and I are having a great game, just wish to post the AAR.

Anyone wants to beat me can find my GCID below.

P.S. Sorry to distract but I have a strong urge to reinstall iDOS and play Operation Crusader just for that.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:47 AM

Any news from devs on future patches, content or features?
Old 12-22-2012, 12:27 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Is it normal that I keep seeing the notification of messages even after I declined a game? That '1' on the icon is really annoying!

For people who know me and invite me to online games .... I am nt ready. I have not playing the solo enough and I always get destroyed in the first scenario.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:00 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPE View Post
Is it normal that I keep seeing the notification of messages even after I declined a game? That '1' on the icon is really annoying!

For people who know me and invite me to online games .... I am nt ready. I have not playing the solo enough and I always get destroyed in the first scenario.
Not a problem, if you ever want to try MP feel free to send me an invite