App description: "Battle of the Bulge is a must-have for anyone with an interest in historical wargaming. 5 Stars" - TouchArcade

Battle of the Bulge invites you, the player, to lead the Axis or the Allies to victory on the snowy battlefields of World War II. In this turn-based strategy game, you command your forces to capture important locations, secure key supply routes, and engage the enemy. Designed specifically for iOS, Battle of the Bulge captures the spirit of traditional board wargames while providing excellent UI design and accessibility for new players.

Key features include:
Play against AI opponents with unique personalities
Play against friends online through Game Center or on one device with Pass and Play.
Fast turns, deep strategy
Play scenarios like the quick, tense, fight in the opening days to a campaign covering the entire battle as either the Axis or the Allies
Learn with the tutorial and quick start guide, or visit our online strategy forums to learn from other players
Full rules, charts, tables and other information included for advanced players
Extensive historical photos and commentary
Universal support for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
Localized for Spanish and Japanese
Retina support
First in a series of WWII titles by legendary designers including: John Butterfield, Ted Raicer, and Mark Herman

Praise for Battle of the Bulge:

Its completely nailed the right ways to present a tabletop game in a digital format... No High Scores

Battle of the Bulge is a landmark iPad game. Its deep without feeling complex, and fun without feeling light. Further, its beautiful, both visually and aurally, and so intuitive that you dont need a tutorial to learn the interface. If youre at all into turn-based gaming, give this one a try. If youre not, give this one a try, anyway. MobileTechReview

A game that will make historical strategy diehards swoon, while also being pretty enough, and easy enough to learn, to draw in people who never knew that this was the game they'd been waiting for. TouchArcade

In terms of war simulation games on the App Store, I havent seen a better game TUAW

a game of considerable majesty awaits you Gamezebo

Easily the most educational game Ive ever played. Eurogamer

"Battle of the Bulge is as cold, brutal, and unforgiving as the titular conflict, but it's also one of the top choices for hardcore iPad strategists." - Pocket Gamer UK

djflippy's comments:

12-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Man, I suck at this game, but I'm still kinda enjoying it. I always seem to run out of time before reaching the Meuse. Is it me or is there really only one effective route to take? Anything along the bottom half of the screen seems like too long a trek, it seems like you need to aim for the top area where the river is closest.
I am not very good at the game either, but here are my $.02 of notes to play German:

1. German always moves first and last in the day mostly. This is a very big advantage.

2. Panzer division is the fastest moving unit: it can move 2 spaces along friendly-occupied paths and can breakthrough for another additional space after expelling/eliminate enemy in an area. They should act as your spearhead.

3. According to the "indirect path" principle, the path without enemy is always the shortest.

4. So mass your panzer divisions at where the enemy is the weakest and/or does not exists.

5. There are enough panzer strength to open at least 2 routes to reach Meuse.

6. Make sure your units are not cut off from the supply -- out-of-supply units (red area) are worse than those out-of-fuel (something you do not have to worry about in RttM)

7. Bastogne is nice to have but not a must have. Just make sure that the enemy there does not jump out and harass your supply routes

8. It is okay to be "gamey". The US reinforcements always appear on the same area and their movements are more or less predictable. Plan your moves carefully so that the panzer units can gain maximum speed and there are always follow-up troops to hold the supply line clear.

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
12-18-2012, 08:42 PM
Anyone finds any use of Panzer-Brigade 150? I think it is in for historical accuracy only.

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

12-19-2012, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emos View Post
The easiest path to to hook to the NorthWest, that's the shortest distance to the Meuse. Aim for the territories of Huy, Ouffet or Herve. Play smart with your stacking and breakthroughs and keep a protected line, if the allies cut off your lead formation from behind as you reach the Meuse you won't get the win.
Thnx for the advice. This works great. it seems there are no other way to beat it.
12-19-2012, 10:59 PM
@pitta - Does your gamecenter name match? Wanna make sure I added the right person.
12-20-2012, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
@pitta - Does your gamecenter name match? Wanna make sure I added the right person.
Sorry for the late answer....yes you added the right one
12-20-2012, 02:02 PM
Still not @german AppStore.
I wonder what is going there @apple.
12-20-2012, 08:33 PM
EMOS and I are having a great game, just wish to post the AAR.

Anyone wants to beat me can find my GCID below.

P.S. Sorry to distract but I have a strong urge to reinstall iDOS and play Operation Crusader just for that.

12-21-2012, 01:47 AM
Any news from devs on future patches, content or features?
12-22-2012, 12:27 AM
Is it normal that I keep seeing the notification of messages even after I declined a game? That '1' on the icon is really annoying!

For people who know me and invite me to online games .... I am nt ready. I have not playing the solo enough and I always get destroyed in the first scenario.

-----
On GC I am FPEX
12-22-2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPE View Post
Is it normal that I keep seeing the notification of messages even after I declined a game? That '1' on the icon is really annoying!

For people who know me and invite me to online games .... I am nt ready. I have not playing the solo enough and I always get destroyed in the first scenario.
Not a problem, if you ever want to try MP feel free to send me an invite