Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-19-2012, 09:37 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by idub76 View Post
Each defender has a certain number of dots denoting level in the bottom right corner of their sprite
Haha! I just thought that was a hit/action count down timer thingy! Makes sense, now!!!! It's both!! Haha!

Thanks for the post!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:06 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Heh, no problem
Old 12-20-2012, 02:08 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

So this is fun!

I came across a small bug: my level 3 stars have disappeared. I have been achieving three stars on each level before moving on to the next one, but on level 3, I now have zero stars. Not a huge deal but something's obviously a little wonky there.

I'm a little nervous about the consumable IAP, because I've seen so many good games ruined by it. Anybody up to level 30+ yet and can let us know whether they can comfortably play without it?

Cheers.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:26 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgina View Post
...I'm a little nervous about the consumable IAP, because I've seen so many good games ruined by it. Anybody up to level 30+ yet and can let us know whether they can comfortably play without it?
I am on level 15 without using a single "shop" consumable item. You do acquire these through level mastery in some cases so fingers crossed they remain un-necessary, even though they are avaliable throuh normal game play to some extent I'm unlikely to use them. I would be glad to support the developer wih IAP but consumables "cheats" are not appealing.

Edit: Gave in and had to use 3 consumable "shop" action points in level 17 only to lose, still haven't resorted to IAP.

Last edited by undeadcow; 12-20-2012 at 06:37 PM..
Old 12-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Developer
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
So this is fun!

I came across a small bug: my level 3 stars have disappeared.
Glad you like the game

That's a strange bug! Are all the star awards for the other levels you've completed accurate? What level are you on now?
Can't say I've encountered any bug like this in testing, but I'll try and get to the bottom of it!
Old 12-20-2012, 06:35 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulae View Post
That's a strange bug! Are all the star awards for the other levels you've completed accurate? What level are you on now?
Can't say I've encountered any bug like this in testing, but I'll try and get to the bottom of it!
Yep, the others seem fine.

I'm not sure when the stars disappeared. As best I can recall, I messed up level 9, backed out to the level select screen to start again, and noticed the level 3 stars were missing. Sorry I can't be more precise than that.

Cheers.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:59 PM
Developer
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
As best I can recall, I messed up level 9, backed out to the level select screen to start again, and noticed the level 3 stars were missing. Sorry I can't be more precise than that.
No worries - Thanks for letting me know about it!
Old 12-21-2012, 05:43 PM
Developer
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Edit: Gave in and had to use 3 consumable "shop" action points in level 17 only to lose, still haven't resorted to IAP.
Do you think shop items used in a failed level should be refunded? Haven't had any feedback on that particular point yet.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:39 PM

I got to level 15 without the need of the cache of items earned from the previous three star successes, however, I desperately require them now. Level 15 marks a huge leap in difficulty, and no matter how many items I use from the shop, I still cannot achieve the three stars needed to earn more helpful items. No problem, I'll just go back, play the earlier levels, get three stars, and accumulate more tiles for later help, right? Sorry, replaying levels will not give you awards-- SERIOUSLY? This means the only way to achieve three stars later in the game is with IAP and I refuse to purchase anything out of necessity to beat the game. I'd prefer the ability to grind a little and amass the awards, especially for a game I purchased. Unless this is addressed, I'm done with you bad, greedy developers!
Old 12-22-2012, 05:57 PM
Developer
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiskle View Post
I got to level 15 without the need of the cache of items earned from the previous three star successes, however, I desperately require them now. Level 15 marks a huge leap in difficulty, and no matter how many items I use from the shop, I still cannot achieve the three stars needed to earn more helpful items. No problem, I'll just go back, play the earlier levels, get three stars, and accumulate more tiles for later help, right? Sorry, replaying levels will not give you awards-- SERIOUSLY? This means the only way to achieve three stars later in the game is with IAP and I refuse to purchase anything out of necessity to beat the game. I'd prefer the ability to grind a little and amass the awards, especially for a game I purchased. Unless this is addressed, I'm done with you bad, greedy developers!
Level 15 is a level designed in such a way that in order to complete it efficiently you need to consider the abilities of the new units. I don't want to give too much away - but how you can use, in particular, one of the units' abilities to turn the advantage to yourself.

The game is designed so that every level is possible without using any stock items. I don't expect everyone to be an expert though, and I'm sure the difficulty of all levels is not perfect. However I promise you each level (even the very last ones!) can be completed without the use of any stock items (we've done it!). The game has random generation for the next unit, so of course every level has an element of luck.

One thing I believe I've overlooked is if you use stock items in a level and then fail that level, I think they should be 'refunded', as it seems harsh that they're used up. I'll address this in the forthcoming January patch.