Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 09:03 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

anyone have any updates on this game?
Old 09-27-2012, 08:32 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Helllooo @outspoken and everyone else out there

Sorry to have been so quiet, a lot has been happening since I last posted!

As you may have seen, over in hello HQ, JD2 has now been released on Xbox and the fine folks have also been prepping the PS3 version which has just been announced!

I've been working on the last remaining BIG features for JD:Touch as well as an alternative gameplay mode, which is a totally different take on the main game mechanics . Now we have that we're deciding how best to use it. * mysterious *

Me and Sean also took a step back from the game, looked at it under the microscope then blew up or changed things that weren't fitting with the vision. This obviously took quite a bit of effort, but the result is a much better game and a much more cohesive and exciting experience.

Also! I've also been working on getting as many of the playable characters ( from JD1 and 2 ) as playable in JD:Touch. I count 15 so far including favourites like the Monkey, Santa, Elvis, some new ones, as well as a couple of characters that only appear in Touch.

Another thing ( and quite a biggie ) is we've been waiting to see how much of a change iOS6 and the new iPhone5 would make to the game.
Luckily there was nothing majorly unexpected, but we wanted to make sure we we're prepared as up until that point it was just rumours.

This weekend, ( if i pull my finger out and get a build ready! ) JD:Touch should be on show on the HelloGames stand at the Eurogamer expo, alongside its bigger brothers. So if you're going, then look out for it and please mail me any feedback! If it's not there, then stay to play JD2 to get a flavour of what's in store.

It's really starting to all come together now, I feel like the final stretch is in sight!

I hope!
Old 09-27-2012, 10:32 AM

Awesome! Looks like I will be getting 2 from you guys this Christmas! I'm happy I waited out PS3 JD 2 and now my kids and I will have JD touch on the road... And hiding from me when they run off under the bed to sneak in some touch gaming.

Take my money. ( actually ill give some to you I need the rest to feed my kids )
Old 09-27-2012, 07:19 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Wow! Awesome and exciting news! Thanks for the update! On the edge of my seat waiting for this bad boy!
Old 10-03-2012, 11:50 AM

Late to the "new news" party, but definitely awesome news!
Old 12-20-2012, 01:41 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Hello again TouchAracade!
Stevie and I have been deep down in developing Joe Danger for iOS for the last few months. We’re finally coming up to take a quick breath, and wanted to take the chance to shout about what we’re up to.

Wow, where to begin?!

As you can imagine is been quite a crazy few months since we last spoke, what with the brand new iPad, iPhone5, iPod5, iPadMini, iOS6. We’ve tried to optimize and enhance the game specifically for each device ( as well as continuing to improve the older devices too ). As you can imagine, just keeping up and doing each device justice is pretty time consuming… and Apple keeps brining out such lovely, tempting new machines!

What that means is adding loads of things like Widescreen support and enhanced graphics for iPhone 5 and new iPad and normal mapping and gorgeous lighting newer devices like the iPad Mini.

For all you iOS 6.0 people out there we've also taken the time integrate challenges directly into the game. Whenever you get 3 gold medals on any level in the game (similar to Angry Birds’ 3 gold stars) or a new Highscore, you can challenge any of your friends to do the same. If a friend sends you a challenge, the game will detect it and take you straight to the right event, even if you haven’t unlocked it yet. This is great, because friends can help each other to preview and unlock later levels.

Score Challenges are what it’s all about though. I think we lost a day of development just to playing those. Sorry

Things are going really well though, and to all that people who keep asking us when it will be finished, the answer is *real soon*! It's all falling into place...

Thanks so much for your patience. We promise it’ll be worth the wait.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:28 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloSean View Post
Hello again TouchAracade!
Stevie and I have been deep down in developing Joe Danger for iOS for the last few months. We’re finally coming up to take a quick breath, and wanted to take the chance to shout about what we’re up to.

Wow, where to begin?!

As you can imagine is been quite a crazy few months since we last spoke, what with the brand new iPad, iPhone5, iPod5, iPadMini, iOS6. We’ve tried to optimize and enhance the game specifically for each device ( as well as continuing to improve the older devices too ). As you can imagine, just keeping up and doing each device justice is pretty time consuming… and Apple keeps brining out such lovely, tempting new machines!

What that means is adding loads of things like Widescreen support and enhanced graphics for iPhone 5 and new iPad and normal mapping and gorgeous lighting newer devices like the iPad Mini.

For all you iOS 6.0 people out there we've also taken the time integrate challenges directly into the game. Whenever you get 3 gold medals on any level in the game (similar to Angry Birds’ 3 gold stars) or a new Highscore, you can challenge any of your friends to do the same. If a friend sends you a challenge, the game will detect it and take you straight to the right event, even if you haven’t unlocked it yet. This is great, because friends can help each other to preview and unlock later levels.

Score Challenges are what it’s all about though. I think we lost a day of development just to playing those. Sorry

Things are going really well though, and to all that people who keep asking us when it will be finished, the answer is *real soon*! It's all falling into place...

Thanks so much for your patience. We promise it’ll be worth the wait.
Thanks for the update! Looking forward to it : )
Old 12-20-2012, 02:29 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

January 2013?
Real soon means as soon as App Store opens after lockdown so could be 31st but more likely early January .
Old 12-20-2012, 03:05 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Suh-weeeeet!
Old 12-20-2012, 03:09 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyTheElite View Post
January 2013?
Real soon means as soon as App Store opens after lockdown so could be 31st but more likely early January .
Can't be the 31st they still have to submit it! My guess would be end of January/Early February if his comment is anything to go by.

Closed Thread