Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-18-2012, 04:28 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default First look at some new artwork

Folks,

Here's the first version of our new map system for the game. This will debut in V1.1 and as we move through 1.2->? we will make the map more interactive and amusing.

Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oz_Map_Ch1.jpg (128.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Oz_Map_Ch2.jpg (134.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Oz_Map_Ch3.jpg (132.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 12-18-2012, 05:46 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSE_MJ View Post
Folks,

Work continues nicely on 1.1. We've improved performance on the iPad 3 (especially with the unit selection and on the tougher snow levels) by crushing a couple of bugs, our new map is about ready to go (I'll post a preview later today when they are done) and we're getting close to submitting it to the App Store. With the shutdown it will have to wait till next year but at least as of now, it will be available for updating very early next year.

Mark
Wow, the maps looks awesome! Can't wait for the update to go live. By the way, thank you for the prompt action with regards to the issue/s that I was experiencing. Very much appreciated.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:01 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabs View Post
Wow, the maps looks awesome! Can't wait for the update to go live. By the way, thank you for the prompt action with regards to the issue/s that I was experiencing. Very much appreciated.
You're welcome! Hopefully you will see the same improvement I did today. It's not perfect yet on the iPad3 but it's better. We are going to re-factor the Unit Selection code for 1.2.

Mark
Old 12-19-2012, 02:42 AM

Any word on an Xmas sale on this title?
Old 12-20-2012, 03:10 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardbattle View Post
Any word on an Xmas sale on this title?
Unfortunately, there won't be a Xmas sale for MoO. We were trying to get V1.1 done in time for release and have a sale associated with it. Since we were not able to do that, we'll hold off and have a WE ALL DIDN'T DIE IN THE APOCALYPSE sale along with v1.1.

Thanks for your interest!
Mark
Old 12-20-2012, 03:18 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Okay Mark, so what is that TEASER all about? I agree with TA, doesnt look like MoO. I hope it's a new iOS game though.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:40 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Okay Mark, so what is that TEASER all about? I agree with TA, doesnt look like MoO. I hope it's a new iOS game though.
More info coming next year.

However, TA was right about the not being MoO part. As we continue to expand upon MoO we also need to get another project up and running. This was only the first step in that process. We have a ton of stuff going into MoO over the next three months and then after that, well, whether MoO is a big hit or not, we need to have put another project through pre-production. That's where we are now, at the beginning of pre-pro and the teaser is just the first step in that process. Besides, it's almost Mayan Apocalypse Time so it won't matter anyway!!!!!

Mark

Last edited by CSE_MJ; 12-20-2012 at 03:51 PM.. Reason: Clarification
Old 12-20-2012, 05:23 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Quote:
More info coming next year.

However, TA was right about the not being MoO part. As we continue to expand upon MoO we also need to get another project up and running. This was only the first step in that process. We have a ton of stuff going into MoO over the next three months and then after that, well, whether MoO is a big hit or not, we need to have put another project through pre-production. That's where we are now, at the beginning of pre-pro and the teaser is just the first step in that process. Besides, it's almost Mayan Apocalypse Time so it won't matter anyway!!!!!

Mark
The more reason you need to at least give us the good news before the 'Apocalypse'! Haha. In anyway, insta-buy for me regardless if I play that genre or not (for instance, not and will never be a plat former and puzzle type gamer)

Looking forward to it. I'm already subscribed at your twitter, hope you update that as well as I check that more than TA forum.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:36 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
The more reason you need to at least give us the good news before the 'Apocalypse'! Haha. In anyway, insta-buy for me regardless if I play that genre or not (for instance, not and will never be a plat former and puzzle type gamer)

Looking forward to it. I'm already subscribed at your twitter, hope you update that as well as I check that more than TA forum.
We have a Twitter account?

Seriously though, we will be using it more next year. I expect there to be a lot of interest in that project as well as a bunch of "It will fail", "No chance","MJ is an idiot", "MJ nerfed my archers so he can go rot in..." sort of thing. Sort of like when we announced DAoC and everybody thought we'd fail. It's never dull...

As to being an insta-buy, man, you just made my day. That's the kind of support that makes me smile all over. Thank you very much.

Mark
Old 12-20-2012, 05:51 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Quote:
We have a Twitter account?

Seriously though, we will be using it more next year. I expect there to be a lot of interest in that project as well as a bunch of "It will fail", "No chance","MJ is an idiot", "MJ nerfed my archers so he can go rot in..." sort of thing. Sort of like when we announced DAoC and everybody thought we'd fail. It's never dull...

As to being an insta-buy, man, you just made my day. That's the kind of support that makes me smile all over. Thank you very much.

Mark
Apologies, seemed to gotten some things mixed up. I was talking about a different dev me thinks. Lol. Sorry bout that. I think it was rather an FB account that you posted here or something. In anyway, I 'liked' your FB page just now, although I hardly check or use FB.

Well, at least I will have something to look forward to next year then.