Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #141  
Old 12-18-2012, 04:28 PM
CSE_MJ CSE_MJ is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 100
Default First look at some new artwork

Folks,

Here's the first version of our new map system for the game. This will debut in V1.1 and as we move through 1.2->? we will make the map more interactive and amusing.

Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oz_Map_Ch1.jpg (128.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Oz_Map_Ch2.jpg (134.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Oz_Map_Ch3.jpg (132.3 KB, 4 views)
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 12-18-2012, 05:46 PM
tabs tabs is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philippines
Posts: 695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSE_MJ View Post
Folks,

Work continues nicely on 1.1. We've improved performance on the iPad 3 (especially with the unit selection and on the tougher snow levels) by crushing a couple of bugs, our new map is about ready to go (I'll post a preview later today when they are done) and we're getting close to submitting it to the App Store. With the shutdown it will have to wait till next year but at least as of now, it will be available for updating very early next year.

Mark
Wow, the maps looks awesome! Can't wait for the update to go live. By the way, thank you for the prompt action with regards to the issue/s that I was experiencing. Very much appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 12-18-2012, 08:01 PM
CSE_MJ CSE_MJ is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabs View Post
Wow, the maps looks awesome! Can't wait for the update to go live. By the way, thank you for the prompt action with regards to the issue/s that I was experiencing. Very much appreciated.
You're welcome! Hopefully you will see the same improvement I did today. It's not perfect yet on the iPad3 but it's better. We are going to re-factor the Unit Selection code for 1.2.

Mark
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 12-19-2012, 02:42 AM
Hardbattle Hardbattle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 213
Default

Any word on an Xmas sale on this title?
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 12-20-2012, 03:10 PM
CSE_MJ CSE_MJ is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardbattle View Post
Any word on an Xmas sale on this title?
Unfortunately, there won't be a Xmas sale for MoO. We were trying to get V1.1 done in time for release and have a sale associated with it. Since we were not able to do that, we'll hold off and have a WE ALL DIDN'T DIE IN THE APOCALYPSE sale along with v1.1.

Thanks for your interest!
Mark
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 12-20-2012, 03:18 PM
tabs tabs is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philippines
Posts: 695
Default

Okay Mark, so what is that TEASER all about? I agree with TA, doesnt look like MoO. I hope it's a new iOS game though.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 12-20-2012, 03:40 PM
CSE_MJ CSE_MJ is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabs View Post
Okay Mark, so what is that TEASER all about? I agree with TA, doesnt look like MoO. I hope it's a new iOS game though.
More info coming next year.

However, TA was right about the not being MoO part. As we continue to expand upon MoO we also need to get another project up and running. This was only the first step in that process. We have a ton of stuff going into MoO over the next three months and then after that, well, whether MoO is a big hit or not, we need to have put another project through pre-production. That's where we are now, at the beginning of pre-pro and the teaser is just the first step in that process. Besides, it's almost Mayan Apocalypse Time so it won't matter anyway!!!!!

Mark

Last edited by CSE_MJ; 12-20-2012 at 03:51 PM.. Reason: Clarification
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 12-20-2012, 05:23 PM
tabs tabs is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philippines
Posts: 695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSE_MJ View Post
More info coming next year.

However, TA was right about the not being MoO part. As we continue to expand upon MoO we also need to get another project up and running. This was only the first step in that process. We have a ton of stuff going into MoO over the next three months and then after that, well, whether MoO is a big hit or not, we need to have put another project through pre-production. That's where we are now, at the beginning of pre-pro and the teaser is just the first step in that process. Besides, it's almost Mayan Apocalypse Time so it won't matter anyway!!!!!

Mark
The more reason you need to at least give us the good news before the 'Apocalypse'! Haha. In anyway, insta-buy for me regardless if I play that genre or not (for instance, not and will never be a plat former and puzzle type gamer)

Looking forward to it. I'm already subscribed at your twitter, hope you update that as well as I check that more than TA forum.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 12-20-2012, 05:36 PM
CSE_MJ CSE_MJ is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabs View Post
The more reason you need to at least give us the good news before the 'Apocalypse'! Haha. In anyway, insta-buy for me regardless if I play that genre or not (for instance, not and will never be a plat former and puzzle type gamer)

Looking forward to it. I'm already subscribed at your twitter, hope you update that as well as I check that more than TA forum.
We have a Twitter account?

Seriously though, we will be using it more next year. I expect there to be a lot of interest in that project as well as a bunch of "It will fail", "No chance","MJ is an idiot", "MJ nerfed my archers so he can go rot in..." sort of thing. Sort of like when we announced DAoC and everybody thought we'd fail. It's never dull...

As to being an insta-buy, man, you just made my day. That's the kind of support that makes me smile all over. Thank you very much.

Mark
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 12-20-2012, 05:51 PM
tabs tabs is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philippines
Posts: 695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSE_MJ View Post
We have a Twitter account?

Seriously though, we will be using it more next year. I expect there to be a lot of interest in that project as well as a bunch of "It will fail", "No chance","MJ is an idiot", "MJ nerfed my archers so he can go rot in..." sort of thing. Sort of like when we announced DAoC and everybody thought we'd fail. It's never dull...

As to being an insta-buy, man, you just made my day. That's the kind of support that makes me smile all over. Thank you very much.

Mark
Apologies, seemed to gotten some things mixed up. I was talking about a different dev me thinks. Lol. Sorry bout that. I think it was rather an FB account that you posted here or something. In anyway, I 'liked' your FB page just now, although I hardly check or use FB.

Well, at least I will have something to look forward to next year then.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent