Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-13-2012, 12:38 PM

Well, I guess it would be a lot of work to implement.
How about using the camera to track the user's head movement to look
around and tilting the head left and right to strafe?

That has not been done before.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:12 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Hmmm, what do you make of this? They show more footage and some controls in the video. Does that look like auto-target? I feel a bit disappointed that this is in no way a game for "hardcore" mobile gamers.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 12-18-2012, 10:55 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen)

from the looks of it... there is a mix of shooting mechanics.

I see a bit of epoch...cover firing, some rail shooting, and some type of swipe shooting like Skylanders Cloud Patrol.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:04 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
Hmmm, what do you make of this? They show more footage and some controls in the video. Does that look like auto-target? I feel a bit disappointed that this is in no way a game for "hardcore" mobile gamers.

YouTube: video
Puke in the box it is.

I'm not even sure what kind of gaming group the developers are trying to sell this game to. Definitely not to those who like hardcore shooters... This is definitely a game, which a casual gamer would play.

I have a feeling that only an epic storyline can save this game. The graphics look good, but I don't like the effects. The controls don't look good at all, but we will see. I don't like the game mechanics at all though. Who plays on-rail shooters these days?
Old 12-18-2012, 11:40 AM

"We are making a game for the hardcore audience! We are going to redefine the FPS genre on mobile!"

*Unveils another on rails shooter.

Frankly, it looks really subpar from the footage they showed. Bland graphics, weird shooting, bad animations...

The shotgun doesn't even move when he fires it. Hopefully that's only due to the fact it's still work in progress. But so far, colour me unimpressed.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:18 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by heringer View Post
"We are making a game for the hardcore audience! We are going to redefine the FPS genre on mobile!"

*Unveils another on rails shooter.
Those guys in the video really crack me up. Here are more quotes:

- "mobile games are huge, but nobody is really focused on making games specifically for gamers."

...? lol

- "we are approaching that, by kinda taking the grounds up look at how a core game should be developed and played on a mobile device."

Definitely not like that.

- "I think its gonna kinda open their eyes about what kind of hardcore gaming experience they can have on a mobile device."

Its a (semi?) on-rails shooter. Stop calling it hardcore.

Its a real shame seeing all that artistic talent going to waste in this project.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:27 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Give it a chance guys. The only thing I'm seeing that's disappointing is the controls and the on rail system.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:17 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerisbo1192 View Post
I was first excited by the trailer but now i jst want u guys to cancel this thread! I mean COME ON!!! what do devs smoke before thinking that we want to play on rail shooters!!
Dude, its no an on-rail shooter, its a re-imagined FPS!

Lmao, those devs are hilarious! They should get their own sitcom.

Last edited by Primoz; 12-18-2012 at 02:23 PM..
Old 12-20-2012, 08:53 PM
Developer
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

So yes, everything you're seeing is super early, cuz we decided to announce the title and show some stuff before most devs are "ready." Mostly to get feedback like this. Anims, guns, graphics, lighting, all of that will improve over time. We've spent most of our early development trying to nail down something that feels good and has satisfying mechanics.

As far as the control scheme and going in and out of control of the player, you'll have to judge for yourself. The level of depth we're baking into this is pretty exciting (for us anyway). You might be dismissing what looks like a typical rails shooter, but I don't think you'll think that after you play it. Admittedly, that's easy for me to say-- I'll be interested to hear what you guys think after you get your hands on it.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:51 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 3.x

Default Hey every 1

LOS ANGELES, Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Today on the Internetz, Industrial Toys announced Morning Star, the first adventure in their ambitious Morning Star universe, set to be released in Spring 2013 for iOS devices.

The game is a complete reimagining of the science fiction shooter, combining pillars of the genre such as deep immersion and intense action with controls, community and competitive multiplayer specifically designed for mobile platforms.

Last edited by zeeshan; 02-06-2013 at 12:29 AM..