Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-20-2012, 11:11 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklaurence View Post
iPhone will be in beta next week, hopefully in the App Store early January.

I haven't played GTA but I'll check out the DPad in it. We could certainly make DPad opacity a setting.
I agree the ability to set the DPad opacity would be useful, even on iPad.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:40 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I'm planning on downloading the free version when I get home to give the game a try, but I was just wondering if anyone had any feedback regarding how necessary the IAP currency is to enjoy the game. Is there any other way to acquire the currency in game besides IAP?
Old 12-20-2012, 12:37 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnt325 View Post
I'm planning on downloading the free version when I get home to give the game a try, but I was just wondering if anyone had any feedback regarding how necessary the IAP currency is to enjoy the game. Is there any other way to acquire the currency in game besides IAP?
If you want to build things and keep them safe, you'll want to buy room. You can buy an entire private world, or protectors that you can place anywhere to protect a specific radius of blocks around them from other players. The premium upgrade comes with some of the IAP currency, so you can get enough room for a house or something without further purchases. If you want to keep building more stuff then you'll need more protectors.

The other parts of the game don't require any IAP currency purchases. You can buy some items that are convenient, and some ridiculously overpriced building materials (for how easy it is to just mine them).

There's no way to earn the IAP currency in game right now.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:45 PM

Can you buy your own world, but have it open to everyone, not just friends?
Old 12-20-2012, 11:16 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

The only option to share your world that I have discovered (correct me if I am missing something), is to give someone a code to access it. There could be code sharing in a forums, via twitter, etc but I have not seen a way to simply set your world to full discovery.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:23 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfrozen View Post
The only option to share your world that I have discovered (correct me if I am missing something), is to give someone a code to access it. There could be code sharing in a forums, via twitter, etc but I have not seen a way to simply set your world to full discovery.
We're looking at some different ways to open up your private worlds to the masses (and still keep it tidy)... we'll keep everyone posted!
Old 12-24-2012, 12:32 PM
iPad Air

I bought the premium upgrade but can't figure out how to start a private world. I've googled the krap out of this question but all I can find is the Dev website that wants me to buy one for $10! Tell me I'm missing something here...
Old 12-24-2012, 04:47 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubisububi View Post
I bought the premium upgrade but can't figure out how to start a private world. I've googled the krap out of this question but all I can find is the Dev website that wants me to buy one for $10! Tell me I'm missing something here...
Look in the shop menu - it costs 500 crowns (I think) to buy one. You need to buy crowns through IAP.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:50 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubisububi View Post
Yes, private worlds cost a little under $10. I apologize if that sounds expensive, but keep in mind that you're getting a personal, permanent online world that you can share with your friends. The equivalent to rent a Minecraft or Terraria server or something like that would cost you that much per month, or more, so we feel it is a really good value.

Premium players also have access to many more public worlds that are reasonably private, in that they don't have a stampede of free players on them. So there is plenty of opportunity to explore and build in relative privateness without purchasing a private world
Old 12-24-2012, 08:46 PM
iPad Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklaurence View Post
Yes, private worlds cost a little under $10. I apologize if that sounds expensive, but keep in mind that you're getting a personal, permanent online world that you can share with your friends. The equivalent to rent a Minecraft or Terraria server or something like that would cost you that much per month, or more, so we feel it is a really good value.

Premium players also have access to many more public worlds that are reasonably private, in that they don't have a stampede of free players on them. So there is plenty of opportunity to explore and build in relative privateness without purchasing a private world
Thank you for the reply and explanation. One last thing: How do you tell the premium worlds from the non-premium?