Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 07:23 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Far Cry Black fake game

another fake game from the same "developer"

https://itunes.apple.com/se/app/farcry-black/id587362121?mt=8

why the 💩💩💩💩 has this developer not been banned for live from App Store?!

Is Apple this bad at protecting their customers?!
Old 12-21-2012, 07:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammskog View Post
another fake game from the same "developer"

https://itunes.apple.com/se/app/farcry-black/id587362121?mt=8

why the 💩💩💩💩 has this developer not been banned for live from App Store?!

Is Apple this bad at protecting their customers?!
As I've stated many times...iDevices are great but Apple only cares about money. That's how you become the number one tech company on the market.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:08 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Yeah apple allowed that fake lock screen app to stay on the AppStore for so long. It topped the chart for weeks and so many people were scammed.

They are so rich they should just hire more people to check apps before putting them on sale in the AppStore.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:15 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to 2133

Give some rest for apple.

Hiring people, in fact looking for people who wants to do this sh*t is hard. The team who does it have to check constantly for hundreds of bad apps that violate it's rules. Some will pass through. Do you think those people have a life to play games? I don't quite thinks so. Give it a rest. It will be taken down soon.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:16 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Hope SEGA reams him a new one, legally speaking, of course.

When I saw that icon, I assumed they'd ported the 3DS game over, which still only would have been meh, since it wasn't great. When I didn't see either Griptonite or SEGA listed, I knew we had another diarrhea dump taken on the App Store.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCver3 View Post
As I've stated many times...iDevices are great but Apple only cares about money. That's how you become the number one tech company on the market.
Actually, as has been stated many times, the issue is that for all the bitching and moaning about the Apple approval process, the rules are actually quite permissive for developers, especially compared to console makers. Except in very limited cases, Apple doesn't touch copyright and trademark issues, letting the rights holders take the lead in starting the removal process. And developers can change their app description and screenshots at any time after the app is approved -- you can be sure that what this jerk submitted to Apple originally matched the content of the actual game.

Ask any developer here whether they want to go through an approval process whenever they change their marketing, or if they want Apple to run thorough trademark and copyright checks on everything they submit. I bet you most would say no way.

Unfortunately, that means that we are stuck with a system that is easily exploitable by scammers and criminals. We need to be vigilant, but also Apple needs to be more responsive to user complaints -- some of these scam apps have remained in the store for months.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:22 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Actually, as has been stated many times, the issue is that for all the bitching and moaning about the Apple approval process, the rules are actually quite permissive for developers, especially compared to console makers. Except in very limited cases, Apple doesn't touch copyright and trademark issues, letting the rights holders take the lead in starting the removal process. And developers can change their app description and screenshots at any time after the app is approved -- you can be sure that what this jerk submitted to Apple originally matched the content of the actual game.

Ask any developer here whether they want to go through an approval process whenever they change their marketing, or if they want Apple to run thorough trademark and copyright checks on everything they submit. I bet you most would say no way.

Unfortunately, that means that we are stuck with a system that is easily exploitable by scammers and criminals. We need to be vigilant, but also Apple needs to be more responsive to user complaints -- some of these scam apps have remained in the store for months.
While I agree with what you say, I dont get the point in letting them reoffend over and over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blibby View Post
You arrest people who steal and con. You sue people over disagreements.
You can also sue people who steal and con.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:48 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2133 View Post
Give some rest for apple.

Hiring people, in fact looking for people who wants to do this sh*t is hard. The team who does it have to check constantly for hundreds of bad apps that violate it's rules. Some will pass through. Do you think those people have a life to play games? I don't quite thinks so. Give it a rest. It will be taken down soon.
They have 70 billion USD in cash on hand. All they need is a tiny fraction of that and spend it on quality checking for apps. Just for this app alone, all they need to do is check the screenshots and the app itself to see whether it's fake.

They don't care because as long as you're paying money for it they still earn 30% of that money. And not everyone asks for their money back.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:56 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicTac View Post
They have 70 billion USD in cash on hand. All they need is a tiny fraction of that and spend it on quality checking for apps. Just for this app alone, all they need to do is check the screenshots and the app itself to see whether it's fake.

They don't care because as long as you're paying money for it they still earn 30% of that money. And not everyone asks for their money back.
I was always under the impression that they had to play games to the end. I mean, otherwise, how did they find the obscene language in Dead Trigger, or the statue of the naked woman in Shadowgun?
Old 12-21-2012, 09:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post

Don't think that I'm complaining friend...far from it. It's called capitalism and as an American I feel Apple is the king of it right now. I'm just tired of people acting like Apple cares. Caring isn't part of capitalism so quit making excuses for a company that has far and away enough resources to tackle this problem. Your words are annoying and they actually diminish why Apple is the example all true capitalists should follow.

Closed Thread