Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-27-2012, 01:05 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

I'm glad some of you guys like it as much as me. Although I beat it, I'm playing through it again (the update removed all my 3 star rankings from the map) but I'm still enjoying it. After you've beaten the campaign/skirmish, you'll realize a lot of new better tactics. And I find that you often will never use all the units. I usually always go for my favorites every match.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:29 AM
iPhone 4

Watched a YouTube of auralux. Android can keep it lol.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:59 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbs View Post
Well, you wanted a no-frills RTS game and I gave it to you.

In any case, why're you brushing it aside? Did you see the super slow version of the game? (the default is very slow...the faster version is about 5 times as fast. And there is another Nova mode that will make you shit in your pants) Or what? It actually plays really well, for me at least.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:11 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbs View Post
Why? this looks great

Youtube link | Pop Up
Old 12-27-2012, 07:59 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by september View Post
Being a total war fan on PC this was nothing like I expected, presentation is top notch but it's half puzzle game with a little bit of double sided plant versus zombies (or zombies versus zombies might be a better description).

Big disappointment if you're after a war game, fine if you want a puzzle/PvZ type game
Nah, RTS is my genre -- been playing them for years -- and this is a great compromise for the platform. Yes, it riffs on PvZ, but that's perfect. You still build structures with strategic positioning, but to try and piece together a full-on Total War game on iOS would have likely been a complete mess no one would want to play. I think this is a respectable, fun use of the license.

And hell, PvZ is still an RTS, regardless of its casual construct. It's one of the best games to come around this generation.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
Dude, if you expect to see a game as it is on PC on iOS, it is just not gonna happen. This game was reworked from the ground up for touch devices.

Yes, I agree it is not an RTS outright. It has got lane-defense as well as some puzzling elements. But that just makes the game deeper and makes good use of whats possible to be done on this platform.

If you want a strictly no frills RTS game at its very core, try playing Auralux. It is only on Android for now, but will come to iOS soon. Available on PC too. This is the very basic definition of an RTS game.
I probably expected more along the lines of Autumn Dynasty so expectations are what suffered most, rather than this being poor at what it does. I'll have a look at Auralux, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDad View Post
Nah, RTS is my genre -- been playing them for years -- and this is a great compromise for the platform. Yes, it riffs on PvZ, but that's perfect. You still build structures with strategic positioning, but to try and piece together a full-on Total War game on iOS would have likely been a complete mess no one would want to play. I think this is a respectable, fun use of the license.

And hell, PvZ is still an RTS, regardless of its casual construct. It's one of the best games to come around this generation.
There are a few functional RTS variants, ipad is perfect for the genre. I wouldn't call this an RTS, there are elements but the core isn't there.

But it's not meant to be which is fine, and it does what it wants to well. Just saying it is something it isn't leads to people being misinformed and disappointed.

Last edited by september; 12-28-2012 at 12:28 AM..
Old 12-28-2012, 08:53 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by september View Post
There are a few functional RTS variants, ipad is perfect for the genre. I wouldn't call this an RTS, there are elements but the core isn't there.

But it's not meant to be which is fine, and it does what it wants to well. Just saying it is something it isn't leads to people being misinformed and disappointed.
I don't know, man. When this game first came out, I was able to look at it for about 30 seconds and know exactly what I was getting. The only thing that was a bit of a surprise was just how lovely the story was presented.