iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

50% off for a limited time
Old 12-10-2012, 11:16 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Default Z.O.N.A: Road to Limansk $1.99 --> $0.99

★★★ 50% discount for one day!!! ★★★

Old 12-21-2012, 06:19 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Holiday Sale, 50% discount! $1.99 --> $0.99. Promotion time is limited!
Old 12-21-2012, 09:01 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Hey, Tenb. You gave away the game free a couple times... pushed the price up and then dropped it again too much. I think many here that wanted the game probably got it when it was free. You can do what you want of course, but I think you need to space this stuff out as it looks pretty desperate to constantly raise and lower the price. It takes time to gain traction in the AppStore... especially when competing for peoples attention from all the sales on games they've wanted for a while.

It's kind of disturbing to look at the price history on ZONA:RTL

19 days ago, app became free
17 days ago, price increased to $0.99
17 days ago, price increased to $1.99
12 days ago, price dropped to $0.99
11 days ago, price increased to $1.99
11 days ago, price dropped to $0.99
10 days ago, price increased to $1.99
8 days ago, price dropped to $0.99
7 days ago, priice increased to $1.99
5 days ago, app became free
3 days ago, price increased to $1.99
15 hours ago, price dropped to $0.99

Artificially inflating and dropping the price to get into the app shopping apps... just looks bad. I can understand though developing something and it not selling or not selling enough of the IAP coins or in this case "coupons".

Also of note, the latest review from Tuesday says that the dude bought it for a $1 but it doesn't run on iPhone 5 at all. I just installed it on my 4S with 6.0.1 and it seems to work... but the translation is fairly bad. The first words on the screen are "oh, you got alive!". Gameplay is confusing. After navigating the adventure segment in the bar, I drove to some building and it's not clear what I was doing there ... just there was a countdown timer. I tried touching everything in that room ... nothing worked. Now back in the bar I'm pretty much forced to buy IAP Coupons or start the game over and pay closer attention to the text so I can, maybe, find the map or whatever I was there for.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:12 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
Artificially inflating and dropping the price to get into the app shopping apps... just looks bad. I can understand though developing something and it not selling or not selling enough of the IAP coins or in this case "coupons".
It's just becoming spam at this point; maybe these threads should start being deleted, accompanied by a note that encourages devs not to try pulling "change and advertise a new price every twelve hours" stunts.

In addition, I picked up this game for free (the HD version), but it also didn't work at all on my 4th-gen iPad with iOS 6.0.1 (just opens with a black screen and doesn't go any further), so it went in the bin pretty quickly.

Last edited by Appletini; 12-21-2012 at 09:35 AM..
Old 12-21-2012, 09:28 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Also of note, the latest review from Tuesday says that the dude bought it for a $1 but it doesn't run on iPhone 5 at all....
Yep, that was me. His response was "We solve this problem..." Uh... no you didn't. Still haven't been able to play the game that I paid for.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:12 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

It sucks you bought the game given it's been free twice now. Probably after the freeze it'll go free for a day then back to $1.99... then on sale to $0.99 a few hours later and so on.

As far as the actual game goes (whenever it gets fixed, if you try it)... I don't want to be mean here but it's not very good. Maybe I'll give it one more shot, but it'll have to be after the holiday weekend as I'm loading up the games on my iPhone that I want to seriously play (9mm , Bastion, Final Fantasy 1, Metal Slug 1 & 3... etc) and I had to give this one the axe.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:23 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Yeah, I don't really care about the money, it's more the principle. Don't sell me something that doesn't work and then tell me you fixed the problem when clearly you didn't. I'm sure the game sucks but I wanted to try something different. Gonna just delete it and take the loss. With all the "price drops" and denial of problems, it's a real bad show on the dev's part. I won't be supporting him in the future.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:00 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
HeArtificially inflating and dropping the price to get into the app shopping apps... just looks bad. I can understand though developing something and it not selling or not selling enough of the IAP coins or in this case "coupons".
Well, since nightc1 finally decided to support me on my quest for developers to stop posting coin or ipad promotions on here like Gamevil threads that keep getting deleted, I too will support his cause.

Developers obviously are starting to use price dropping and raising as a tactic only for advertising on boards like this, and while it is legit, it is somewhat unethical and can backfire if it is done too much.

Don't see a need for it yet, but if it does get worse, yeah, I could see a rule for a game to be only allowed to be posted once a month by a developer or warnings.

Anyway, don't need to do anythinh now, but can see how a lot of people get bothered with it just like I was bothered by Gamevil's lame ploy to get free advertising here.

I know that no one likes to admit using this forum, but the forum that almost all of the users go to first. Please developers, try to respect everyone's wishes to keep this ad focused free. Thanks
Old 12-21-2012, 02:21 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Well, since nightc1 finally decided to support me on my quest for developers to stop posting coin or ipad promotions on here like Gamevil threads that keep getting deleted, I too will support his cause.
Took me a bit to see through the smoke and realize that I needed to move the line of what I thought was acceptable and not. I still like many of the older Gamevil games and some of the newer ones but yeah this is the wrong place to advertise free coin deals and stuff.

The type of constant price moving, is not acceptable as a deal since it's the normal price (or the price it's been most of the time). Posting contests and free trial games as deals (not this dev, but others), is same thing. I've been reporting stuff today, much without even posting in the threads. I haven't reported this one though because I'm hoping to help the dev (or marketing person) see how he's making his company/game look to a regular gamer like me.

I think the dev is from Russia though or a nearby country. But I hope he understands that really I'm actually trying to help rather than just calling names and being a jerk.