★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-21-2012, 02:12 PM
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: MI, USA
Posts: 1,147
@CM I sent you guys an email today, 12-21-12 @~7:13 AM. Please respond to it. I don't mean to be harsh, but I am pretty mad right now. EVERYTHING got reset. I'm talking about rank, XP, stats, coins, weapons bought, challenges, ect. I put 30+ hours into the and all of my progress dissapeared. I checked my MC3 account and it appears to be intact, so there is obviously a very big bug in Modern Combat 4.
12-21-2012, 02:18 PM
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul202 View Post
@CM I sent you guys an email today, 12-21-12 @~7:13 AM. Please respond to it. I don't mean to be harsh, but I am pretty mad right now. EVERYTHING got reset. I'm talking about rank, XP, stats, coins, weapons bought, challenges, ect. I put 30+ hours into the and all of my progress dissapeared. I checked my MC3 account and it appears to be intact, so there is obviously a very big bug in Modern Combat 4.
Hey Paul,

I was just about to write you an email. One of our programmers is currently writing a tool that will enable us to copy your old progress to your new account. Sit tight,

C

12-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: MI, USA
Posts: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMMC4 View Post
Hey Paul,

I was just about to write you an email. One of our programmers is currently writing a tool that will enable us to copy your old progress to your new account. Sit tight,

C
Okay, thank you. I hope it is successful. I really want to thank you guys for trying to fix my account, as the Gameloft we all knew 2 years ago would've just sent a generic email and they wouldn't try to do anything. I you need a slightly old screenshot of my progress, then I can upload a pic and link you to it. I think that in the next update you should try to fix that problem. As far as I could tell, Modern Combat 4 was the only Gameloft game that had my progress erased, making me think that it is bugged. Thank you soooo much for trying, try to email me back once my account is fixed.
12-21-2012, 02:32 PM
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul202 View Post
Okay, thank you. I hope it is successful. I really want to thank you guys for trying to Salem y account, as the Gameloft we all knew 2 years ago would've just sent a generic email and they wouldn't try to do anything. I think that in the next update you should try to fix that problem. As far as I could tell, Modern Combat 4 was the only Gameloft game that had my progress erased, making me think that it is bugged. Thank you soooo much for trying, try to email me back once my account is fixed.
This is what community management is all about! Getting to the point...this isn't a bug -creating a new name always means creating a new account. This is why Gameloft is (or should be) hesitant when players want to change their names, or should at least warn the player of the consequences
12-21-2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flobwob View Post
so do all the pros play on iphone 5?


im on a ipod 5th gen, for some reason i lag a lot on some maps --- e.g. i lag a lot on the long open strip on alert -- i'm guessing it's because of the large environment?

i also lag a lot on the bottom lvl of congress, in the big open space under the ramps and stuff and also on legion


also, the campaign is horrible -- my fps is complete crap in the opening scene. i can barely aim properly b/c of all the effects


i wish gameloft included some kind of gfx quality selection like in shadowgun tdm....id love to play on terrible gfx if that meant extremely smooth gameplay

e.g. on my itough 4th gen, mc3 lags loads and i barely get like 3 kd

however, on itouch 5th gen, mc3 is soooooo smooth and heli/bomber are relatively easy
Stop stuff from running in background and reboot,it runs perfectly for me,even in campaign and I play on an iPod 5 as well
12-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMMC4 View Post
This is what community management is all about! Getting to the point...this isn't a bug -creating a new name always means creating a new account. This is why Gameloft is (or should be) hesitant when players want to change their names, or should at least warn the player of the consequences
Will there be clan tags in multiplayer in an update ever?
12-21-2012, 05:01 PM
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: DarthGuy's Deathstar
Posts: 1,412
Best attachments for ufia? Sight is opinion, sound suppressor, which stock?, schreecher, which grip?

So basically stock and grip for ufia. Which ones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead.exe
(Speaking of which, the world has already ended in Australia, and it sure doesn't seem any different >_____>)
12-21-2012, 06:22 PM
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 10
Hello, CMMC4

Could you explain how this supply-package in MP works? I didn't understand whether it costs money or not , nor how it works.

Thanks.
12-21-2012, 06:34 PM
Joined: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 495
Send a message via AIM to Pman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowking2214 View Post
Will there be clan tags in multiplayer in an update ever?
That would be really cool! I +1 it.

iPhone 4S 16GB - iPad 2 64GB WiFi - iPad 4 32GB WiFi + AT&T Cellular - i7 MacBook Pro late 11 - Transformer Prime TF201 32GB
Game Center - Pman3255 , OpenFeint - Pman55 , Plus+ - Pman3255
12-21-2012, 06:41 PM
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: MI, USA
Posts: 1,147
Well guys, the Modern Combat 4 Gameloft team was able to restore my account back to what it used to be. Despite there customer support in the past, I would consider the new Gameloft to have one of the best customer support teams in the iOS gaming world. I know most of you are ware of their infamous lack of support, but it really seems like this have turned over a new leaf. Again, thank you solo much CM. I almost had a heart attack when my progress got deleted, but thanks to you it is back again!