Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-22-2012, 04:28 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum Apocalypse View Post
Has anyone managed to complete Metusalem on Hardcore? I am failing dismally at it >.< (using John BTW)

Best I can get is just past the Jester, and then a bunny spear tackles me to death.
I personally am saving Hardgore mode until I have every single thing unlocked and upgraded (I'm not using the coin doubler), and the regular mode is doing just fine for me at the moment. I find the difficulty to be just about right, especially when you get into Night 3 and above.

I guess that wasn't a very good response to your question. Sorry
Old 12-22-2012, 05:29 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
I personally am saving Hardgore mode until I have every single thing unlocked and upgraded (I'm not using the coin doubler), and the regular mode is doing just fine for me at the moment. I find the difficulty to be just about right, especially when you get into Night 3 and above.

I guess that wasn't a very good response to your question. Sorry
Just noting that Hardcore Mode gives double exp AND cash

Not too much harder either, just no health regen and everything is faster (including you, the speed increase is relative).
Old 12-22-2012, 05:45 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Just noting that Hardcore Mode gives double exp AND cash

Not too much harder either, just no health regen and everything is faster (including you, the speed increase is relative).
Enemies are getting more speed boost than player.(Not going to tell exact numbers) So it will make things harder even without considering smaller reaction time and loss of health regeneration. Still my favorite mode.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:50 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalle@mountainsheep View Post
Enemies are getting more speed boost than player.(Not going to tell exact numbers) So it will make things harder even without considering smaller reaction time and loss of health regeneration. Still my favorite mode.
Okay then :P Felt relative in the earlier stages. Definitely not relative with Monstrosity or Metusalem.

Not complaining or anything, but the Cossack General should be harder...I ran out of ranged weapons, so I would just go close to him, wait for him to throw a bomb before running away. Then he'd catch up and end up on his own bomb and kill himself over time.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:52 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Okay then :P Felt relative in the earlier stages. Definitely not relative with Monstrosity or Metusalem.

Not complaining or anything, but the Cossack General should be harder...I ran out of ranged weapons, so I would just go close to him, wait for him to throw a bomb before running away. Then he'd catch up and end up on his own bomb and kill himself over time.
He is dangerous but has bit thick head. You just outsmarted him.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:52 AM

Sess22: you are quite correct, that challenge is broken, now fixed. Thanks for the heads up, and that goes to everybody here

Last edited by Karmington; 12-22-2012 at 07:09 AM..
Old 12-22-2012, 10:36 AM
iPad 2

Ok last stage is about to make me quit the enimies move faster then me so they just eat at me and die is there somthing I'm doing wrong?
Old 12-22-2012, 01:04 PM

Make sure you haven't got hardcore mode on? Consumable boosts may be needed to help out. Using a leveled up character with strong weapon skills helps too. Go into the battle with some extra cash saved up. Disabling auto-aim can help focus on the important enemies.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:14 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Just simply have a ranged weapon and keep on firing Keep out of range of his attacks and avoid any other zombies which may be in the area. It's just a case of avoiding damage and staying alive, and before you know it, he'll be dead :P
The problem is that he keeps running away before I damage 1/10 of him.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:18 PM

The running away is intentional, giving you a taste of the boss. After you dispatch some hordes, he will be back...