Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iOS Apps

Old 12-21-2012, 11:13 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Yeah. That could be interesting to look at. Maybe useful for EQing things.

Anyone have any experience with Koushion? It looks interesting.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id424454249?mt=8
Old 12-21-2012, 04:52 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

should i get sir sampleton?

it is a great app, it seems, for making but..

i already own..

too many music making apps,

so they say "better have few big apps that help you fight to make music --- then a lot of small apps for making music that fight you".

do i really need it?
Old 12-21-2012, 05:31 PM
iPad Air

I've looked at both koushion and sir sampleton and asked me the same question. Sampleton seems to be a really basic sampler, but with what looks like a really good and fun interface. It doesn't do anything I can't do in any other sample-able app tho, with or without Audiobus. So I don't REALLY need it, but it sure looks fun lol..

Koushion looks like a really good step based sequencer, great interface and all which makes me wanna get it. But I don't need it, I already have step based virtual midi apps and Genome sequencer. Or any midi able app for that matter.

They look like really fun toys, but I probably would just waste another 8-9 bucks if I got em...hmmMMMMMMMM...
Old 12-21-2012, 05:50 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1a View Post
I've looked at both koushion and sir sampleton and asked me the same question. Sampleton seems to be a really basic sampler, but with what looks like a really good and fun interface. It doesn't do anything I can't do in any other sample-able app tho, with or without Audiobus. So I don't REALLY need it, but it sure looks fun lol..

Koushion looks like a really good step based sequencer, great interface and all which makes me wanna get it. But I don't need it, I already have step based virtual midi apps and Genome sequencer. Or any midi able app for that matter.

They look like really fun toys, but I probably would just waste another 8-9 bucks if I got em...hmmMMMMMMMM...
Thank you. That is very close to my train of thought. Just more expensive toys and nothing that really adds to my creativity . I'll just stick to my guns .. The ones I have installed at the moment
Old 12-21-2012, 06:39 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by EfratBarTal View Post
should i get sir sampleton?

it is a great app, it seems, for making but..

i already own..

too many music making apps,

so they say "better have few big apps that help you fight to make music --- then a lot of small apps for making music that fight you".

do i really need it?
Sir Sampleton is a blast if you just want to goof around - my daughter and her friends love it.

Plus, it's got support for SynthStation25.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:53 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Just wanted to tell that his awesomeness Animoog got Audiobus support. As well as almost all Korg apps incl. iPolysix, iELECTRIBE, iKaossilator and iMS-20 (updated along with Virtual MIDI, BG Audio, iCloud, and support for iPhone 5 and Retina screens)!

My posting about Audiobus previously in this thread:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...postcount=1016

What a really great addition to the already outstanding sound producing features of our beloved devices. iPad 4 runs GREAT with Audiobus, one of the biggest new iOS features in 2012 (except Apple Maps of course ). Now if we only had more storage space. If you make lots of video and sound recordings you'll have to connect to USB/iTunes OFTEN.

All Korg apps on sale btw (all-time best prices, they never were cheaper).
Old 12-22-2012, 06:58 AM
iPad Air

Yea Audiobus is great. I love how they've integrated it, making it look like a built in system wide iOS feature with that sliding menu ala the notification menu. Makes me wish it actually was, I've used lots of apps that I seriously looked for that sliding menu so I could record some audio cos Audiobus is so seamless with the apps that have implemented Audiobus. I hope Apple pays these guys mucho cash and makes Audiobus a system wide feature in iOS 7.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:22 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

All of that is pretty unbelievable, chris1a. Look and LISTEN what they did with Animoog, even more awesome than before. That's what I call an update (only for iPad version for the time being; I am pretty sure that iPhone version will follow):

Quote:
Moog Music today announced the release of Animoog V2 for Apple’s iPad. This major update to the TEC-Award Nominated iOS synthesizer is a free update for existing Animoog users and includes many user requested features and product enhancements, such as: accelerometer integration which gives Animoog owners the ability to tilt their iPad in any direction as an interactive 3D modulation source; note hold and scale lock, and tools for advanced users like, Load/Save MIDI CC maps, Audiocopy/Audiopaste integration and support for the new Audiobus platform.

Also, as a holiday gift, Animoog V2 features apowerful 4 Track Recorder, which gives Animoog users the ability to record audio from within Animoog or import audio tracks directly from their iTunes library. Users can then split, loop, copy, paste, and share individual clips, or mix down entire songs and upload them directly to SoundCloud, all from within the Animoog’s universe.

This 4 Track Recorder will be free to existing users until Dec. 31, 2012 at which time it will revert to its regular price of $4.99 in the Animoog Store.

Furthermore, between Dec 20th and Dec 31st Animoog for iPad will be available at the promotional price of $14.99 (reg. price $29.99), Animoog for iPhone will be available at the promotional price of $4.99 (reg. price $9.99), and Moog’s first iOS app, Filtatron will be available at the promotional price of $4.99 (reg. price $7.99).

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

http://www.moogmusic.com/news/announ...track-recorder

Animoog for iPad
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id471638724

Price activity @ AppShopper.com:
http://appshopper.com/music/animoog

Animoog for iPhone
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id490169960

AppShopper.com:
http://appshopper.com/music/animoog-for-iphone
(I got them both for $.99 each before but I am not sure if such a sale will happen ever again…)

Lots of people are buying now Audiobus for Animoog alone. The new and free (for a limited time) 4-track-recorder in Animoog is great!

Some more seasonal iOS music producing awesomeness. DigiEnsemble Berlin - Bach’s Christmas Oratorio:

Eigenharp Alpha Jamming on Animoog:

Some cool I/O equipment (1,000 Euros btw.)—Fireface works with iPads/CCK (will be showed in video):

24bit/192kHz ADC/DAC • 2x Mic/Line Combo In (XLR/6.35mm) • 2x Inst In (6.35mm) • 4x Line In (6.35mm) • 6x Line Out (2x XLR/6x 6.35mm) • 1x Stereo Line/Kopfhörer Out (6.35mm) • 1x ADAT I/O (optical) • 1x S/PDIF I/O • WordClock I/O (BNC) • Remote In • 2x MIDI I/O • 1x FX DSP • FireWire 400 Port • USB 2.0 Port
Old 12-22-2012, 10:28 AM
iPad Air

Thanks for the Moog Animoog demo video. I actually picked up a thing or two from that. Plus, it's very inspirational watching it. The dude in the video uploaded that track to soundcloud if anyone likes what they're hearing!
Old 12-22-2012, 12:53 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

omg, i want that same update for the iPhone version!