App description: Punch Quest is an arcade-style fighting game, entirely controlled by taps with your left and right thumbs.

Jab, uppercut, slam, and otherwise pummel your way through dungeons full of monsters, branching path choices, rare events, and fragile pottery.

Features:
- Unlock and equip many special abilities and Supermoves.
- Ride a dinosaur that shoots lasers out of its mouth.
- Character customization that gets shown off on our friend scoreboards.
- Punch an egg that turns you into a magical gnome.
- Do quests to earn really fancy hats.
- Combo system where you launch enemies into each other from across the map.

Punch Quest is a collaboration between Rocketcat Games (Hook Champ, Mage Gauntlet) and Madgarden (Saucelifter, Sword of Fargoal).

Echoseven's comments:

12-22-2012, 06:01 PM
I upgraded with a Gnome at level 47. My heart actually sunk when the reward was 10k ... that is just absurdly unfulfilling. Ascension is worthless now. I understand you guys want to push IAP but come on.
12-22-2012, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad-t View Post
I upgraded with a Gnome at level 47. My heart actually sunk when the reward was 10k ... that is just absurdly unfulfilling. Ascension is worthless now. I understand you guys want to push IAP but come on.
Just leveld my first to 50 as well. I believe you now get an ultra hat if you do it again.

12-22-2012, 06:42 PM
Quote:
I think Kepa said this was unintentional and will increase amount in the next update.

Playing: Junk Jack X, Fifa 14, Monster Adventures, Tiny Death Star, Nameless The Hackers rpg

Seriously my life is being sucked away.
12-22-2012, 07:00 PM
Yeah, we had plans for special idols for ascension, but ran out of time.

Madgarden aka Paul Pridham -- Code, sound, pixels: PUNCH QUEST with rocketcat games, Chillaxian, GlitchMachine, Saucelifter, Sword of Fargoal... and more stuff on the way.
madgarden.net -- saucelifter.com -- glitchmachine.com -- fargoal.com forums -- madgarden@twitter
12-22-2012, 08:29 PM
You ran out of time, fine. But 10k? It was your decision to go live with that, and it's wasted a huge amount of time.
12-22-2012, 08:36 PM
It's only a waste if it's not fun to play.

Madgarden aka Paul Pridham -- Code, sound, pixels: PUNCH QUEST with rocketcat games, Chillaxian, GlitchMachine, Saucelifter, Sword of Fargoal... and more stuff on the way.
madgarden.net -- saucelifter.com -- glitchmachine.com -- fargoal.com forums -- madgarden@twitter
12-22-2012, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madgarden View Post
It's only a waste if it's not fun to play.
Boom, lawyered

Playing: Junk Jack X, Fifa 14, Monster Adventures, Tiny Death Star, Nameless The Hackers rpg

Seriously my life is being sucked away.
12-22-2012, 09:37 PM
I wanna be the one to break a million so I'm gonna need everyone to temporarily stop playing.
12-22-2012, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Strictly speaking, you get $35k for ascending Gnomey. $60k if you have the Punchos doubler.

Yeah, 10k is a bummer, but it's hardly the end of the world. It doesn't render the game a waste of time.
12-23-2012, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XcomboX View Post
I wanna be the one to break a million so I'm gonna need everyone to temporarily stop playing.
Please don't do it before I break 500k!