Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-18-2012, 10:59 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

This is a pretty awesome variant of the typing game genre, surprisingly addictive The production values are nearly top notch, with the graphics looking slightly blocky. But that is forgivable given how well the action flows. The enemy types and guns are really well thought out. There's consumable iAP but it doesn't seem to be too oppressive as you can earn a decent chunk of cash with each run. Every few runs you'll be able to upgrade something or the other. I would like to see Universal and GC leaderboards in a future update, but even as it is now the game is hugely enjoyable. I loved the bonus round with the chicken
Old 12-18-2012, 10:25 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Default Did you using iPad2 and full-screen to play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
The production values are nearly top notch, with the graphics looking slightly blocky.
Did you using iPad2 and full-screen to play? If, yes, problem will be solve at HD version. If, no, maybe it's the buggy!!
Old 12-19-2012, 03:03 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjayjay View Post
my iPod Touch 5th in 6.0.1 worked well, jump to the homescreen for a phone call then continue to play at right place, and i pass the tutorial at the first time.
I dont get what you meant by jump to the homescreen for a phone call? you meant that you had to answer a call so you jumped to the homescreen?
now i cant even get it to start..just closed all background apps again and restarted my device still cannot load the game

perhaps its my own problem but its hard for me to imagine since all iPod Touch manufactured are standard the world over. Perhaps you have a place where i can download your beta test releases? I used to do that for other developers who has memory problems before though im not very sure what's the problem now with this. I've 20gb free space left on my 32gb device.

anyhow I gave you a fair rating on toucharcade..will improve it once I get to see the game working smoothly

**EDIT**

okay so i gave it a couple more tries- close and wait for awhile, then turn on and wait for awhile then voila I can play without any hitch. it seems as though it just might be a memory issue but i dont think everyone would be that patient though, most people would just leave a 1 star review as soon as they cant load the game and it will stay there forever..best to find a solution to the memory issue nonetheless

Gameplay was great..very addictive and challenging, forget what i said previously about small keyboard whatsoever- who looks at the keyboard to type nowadays? (only when you get it wrong i guess haha)
posting scores to facebook is a good strategy, but it would be great too if there's some daily challenge or missions to complete. I havent progressed much in the game but it would be a great idea to have things like other symbols or punctuation marks for those who would like a challenge. Hope my input helps and all the best with your promoting the game!

Last edited by khuanoz; 12-19-2012 at 03:16 AM..
Old 12-19-2012, 07:04 AM

I survived longer now.HAHA
Old 12-19-2012, 10:16 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Default Game Center is ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
I would like to see Universal and GC leaderboards in a future update, but even as it is now the game is hugely enjoyable. I loved the bonus round with the chicken
Game Center is ready!
Hope 2012/12/21 is not The End of The World!!
Next update version will be setup!!

Currently we are still sort out all the suggestions from all participants.
Continue to work!!

Last edited by cocosplay; 12-19-2012 at 10:35 AM..
Old 12-19-2012, 09:19 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

More in depth impressions

1. I have tried to level up as much as possible. It takes a long time to earn coins and unfortunately the improvements from leveling up do not seem dramatic.

2. I noticed a penalty situation when you hit a wrong key. If you happen to hit a key that is not the first word that you are trying to type but one of the subsequent ones then you are committed to finish that word. You will have to figure out which word you have started and finish it before you can get back to the nearest enemy. That is often how I get into trouble.

3. Another way this game gets you is when you get to some unknown big word. You will have a much harder time to spell it out if you don't know the word.

4. I don't understand why you get additional distance for coins earned. Distance is distance. Coin is coin. Why mix the two?

So in conclusion, the game as it is is relatively difficult even on the iPad with x2. I can't imagine playing on the iPhone. As a result the replay value is not that high. I recommend tweaking the difficulty and adding more power ups options to ease the onslaught in order to boost the fun factor.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:35 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by m13 View Post
So in conclusion, the game as it is is relatively difficult even on the iPad with x2. I can't imagine playing on the iPhone. As a result the replay value is not that high. I recommend tweaking the difficulty and adding more power ups options to ease the onslaught in order to boost the fun factor.
Originally, all control method is designed for iPhone. We hope player move thumb fast and typing, just like using "What's App". But, on the iPad, we found this design is not very well, because it's width.

To tell the truth, We recognize that the input is indeed some cause a little bit insensitive. So, at next update version, We focused on this part of the improvements.

Anyway, about the difficult of the game, we have further adjustment. Maybe, you could give us your "TestFly" account, let we send next version to you before release.

thanks for your suggestions.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:39 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdherd View Post
I survived longer now.HAHA
Congratulation!! Maybe you could post your score to facebook and share it to our fan-page. What you think?

Our fan-page is here:
https://www.facebook.com/WagonShootout
Old 12-21-2012, 07:32 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Default Let's celebrate the end of the world!!

Let's celebrate the end of the world!!

Old 12-21-2012, 10:43 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Default WINNER is ...

WINNER is ...

Youtube link | Pop Up

Thanks to all from to touchArcade!!

p.s:
All participants' name will be listed at CREDIT of Wagon Shootout on next update version. Thanks for all suggestions from you!